How do you sort all this out?

I personally vote for the beginning of December. You get that Christmas feel without all the holiday crowds. :cheer2:

That first full week of April is almost always Spring Break here in the Atlanta area.

We have been to Disney many times, and had been at almost every time of the year except Jan,Feb,Mar,or April. Then in March my husband had a business trip to Miami and I needed a break and decided to meet him at Disney for a couple of days-I thought, how bad could it be anyway?
BIG mistake!! MK in the middle of the week was unmanageable, rowdy teens all over the pool area at Pop, busy restaurants...If April is anything near like March I would avoid it like the plague.

BTW, we have been several times in early May, and it is a little hotter than Spring or Winter, but the crowds are very manageable, especially the first and second weeks.

The first week in March is great!:cool1:

Our spring break used to be the first week of March. Disney crowds are so low then. It is a really good time to go.:cloud9:

Now our spring break is mid March.:confused3

Several areas in Michigan also have Spring Break the first full week of April (4-13). We were there that same week this last year and it was crazy busy!! We had a great time but it was very crowded and we didn't get to do all that we wanted. This was also not our first trip so we had done everything before and were just trying to do our favorites. I would suggest early March or late April or May at that time of year. Our favorite time of year is the first part of December. We love the Christmas feeling and the lower crowds, even though it is more crowded now than it use to be (the secret got out).

Whenever you go be realistic and have a great time! There is nothing like the look on your childrens' faces the first time they walk down Main Street in the MK. I still get goosebumps when I remember!!

This just keeps getting more confusing. We could have gone the middle of March when my son is off from school, but were certain the crowds would be much lower April 5-12. After reading everyone's responses, I'm not sure why we are pulling him out instead of going during his break.

We are now considering the first full week of February (even though it will be colder). However, we keep going back to the Disney site and the Wonderful Weeks of Disney dates. Are those dates accurate at all? I don't understand why they designate the week we wanted to go as a low attendence week, but not the first week of February. How does Dsiney figure out the Wonderful Weeks? Have they historically been lower attendence?

Thanks again for your advice.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter