How do you make your stroller stand out?

Dallas_Lady

I only work for the vacation money
I'm looking for ways to personalize our stroller so that it's easily spotted and doesn't get mistaken for someone elses. What methods do you use? Stroller tags? Scarves? Balloons? Pics would be great!

(Oh, and I am soooo not doing the bag of fake poop thing :lmao:)

what i did and it worked like a champ was to take ribbon and make a bow type thing (mine was just strips tied together) and i tied it on the handle. it was super simple to find in the sea of strollers.... best thing i did! :)

We discovered this by accident... the foam on one of our stroller handles got a tear in it, so I wrapped it with blue painters tape.

That made our stroller easy to spot without being too much.

Maybe not the prettiest way, but it was very effective.

I brouht about 5 colors of curling ribbon cut in my suitcase and tied it to the BJCM rental - I also used Magic rental and requested a non-orange color!

I brought some red material with little polka dots on it and used that to tie a small Canadian flag to our stroller. The flag made it super easy to see! It is often necessary for cast members to move strollers around to allow for the best use of space so it's not unusual for it to be in a different location from where you left it.

When deciding what to use, if you're tying something on the handle, remember it will need to be comfortable for you pushing the stroller too. It's amazing how a day of pushing something that has a lump or bump in it can be uncomfortable by the end of a long Disney day.

And here is one of my favourite pics I've taken at Disney!! :rotfl: It was taken in 2005 outside Playhouse Disney. Our stroller is the one in the row closest. You're smart to be thinking about marking your stroller as this picture easily shows!
strollerparking.jpg

That pic is great/scary!! :scared1: Really shows how important it is to be able to identify your stroller easily. I made a "License Plate" for our stroller for our upcoming trip. I don't remember off hand whose design it was, but lots of people of the Creative DISign boards have cute options.

I got a stroller in a khaki color. I hadn't seen many of those. Also, I bought some zebra print duct tape and wrapped the handles and then tied neon green bows on the handles too. Never had much trouble finding them.

In November we will take our first trip with a stroller, and I'm planning to buy a balloon to tie onto the handles. Also, our stroller is lime green, so it shouldn't be too hard to spot. ;)

We have an 8x11 DISign with our name on it that hangs from the stroller bag with zip ties. I also have LGMHs zip tied to various other places on my stroller for ID.

Last year DS got one of those big Mickey balloons and that was a big help in locating our stroller on the days we had it.

In November we will take our first trip with a stroller, and I'm planning to buy a balloon to tie onto the handles. Also, our stroller is lime green, so it shouldn't be too hard to spot. ;)

Balloons area a great idea. But, other people use it as well.

We used one of the luggage tags from Disney on our stroller. As well as wrote our last name in permanent marker all over the stroller; as well as a few address labels placed in hidden areas that only we knew about so that we would be able to prove it was ours should it get stolen.

I think the best idea to make a stroller stand out is to add a colorfull scarf, sash, bandanna, or curly ribbon (what you use when you wrap presents) on the handle of your stroller.

Good luck!

This only works if you don't care at all about the resale value of your stroller. I've put iron-on patches commemorating DD's various travels on the canopy of our stroller. Since I park it with the canopy fully extended to keep the hot sun and any possible rain showers off the seat, this makes it very easy to spot in a crowded stroller parking area. And as a bonus, having DD's name all over the thing probably deters thieves as well as inattentive parents who might grab the wrong stroller if it is similar to their own.

Horrible cell phone pic but the only one I have at the moment:
2447123490051332420S425x425Q85.jpg

I purchased (for $1 or $2 on clearance) this luggage handle wraps for identifying suitcases. Very comfy to hold and helped our stroller stand out quite easily. Especially nice since someone during one trip had the exact same stroller, and kept being at all the same places at the same time throughout the whole trip. We both knew at a glance which was mine and which was hers.

what i did and it worked like a champ was to take ribbon and make a bow type thing (mine was just strips tied together) and i tied it on the handle. it was super simple to find in the sea of strollers.... best thing i did! :)

That is what we did. Last time I found some wide red/white/blue ribbon and never had a problem. This works great on the rental strollers too!

This last trip, since we didn't know if DS 2.5 would ride in the stroller, we brought the monkey backpack/harness thing. We hooked the monkey over the handles, and while my son never had to use the monkey (he was good about riding in the stroller thank goodness), having the monkey on the back of the stroller was awesome for finding it. One thing to keep in mind is that often you'll need to identify the stroller from the back, so make sure that whatever you use you can see from behind. And, surprisingly, ours was the only stroller with a stuffed monkey on it;)

We went at Christmas time last year so I put battery operated Christmas lights on our stroller! For finding the stroller at night this was great :thumbsup2. At first my husband was making fun of me,but after getting separated in a crowd and him finding us because of the lights he thought I was a genius :lmao: Plus it made it really festive.

We brought glow sticks for the kids to have at night, and every night I would wrap a couple around the handle of our stroller. Made it really easy to find when we would come out of a ride and it was dark out.

I own a lime green Phil and Ted's Sport. That baby stands out all on it's own!
It's usually pretty easy to spot in the sea of strollers.

I found some Mickey bandanas at Hobby Lobby for $1 - tied it around the handle and it helped. I told DH that I want something even more noticeable for next trip though! I think that a small clip-on flag that will stand about 12" high would be perfect...now to find one.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter