How do you get ALL those Home Depot Mickey Heads?

Umm...if you are feeling guilty for 'stealing' the Mickey Heads, how the heck does 'stealing' MORE of them make things better?

Not trying to say you are stealing or shouldn't take the Mickey Heads, I'm just confused as to how this strategy makes it better?

They are paint sample cards, there for the taking. It's not stealing. BUT when you are taking more than perhaps your fair share of one color, it feels odd. And it makes it feel better, more like you might go home and decide to paint your rooms, if you take the other color sample cards as well.

There's no stealing, though, there's no charge on them. (for some reason I feel the need to add a "yet" there, LOL)

Why lime green? Is it because it's the most unpopular color of all mickey paints therefore HD has the most paint samples of this color available at any given time hence "less guilt" for the crime? :laughing:

At some point someone on the Dis decided that the Alien Green color was the color for Dis'ers going to WDW. A way to recognize each other. Who knows how they decided that, though.

They are paint sample cards, there for the taking. It's not stealing. BUT when you are taking more than perhaps your fair share of one color, it feels odd. And it makes it feel better, more like you might go home and decide to paint your rooms, if you take the other color sample cards as well.

There's no stealing, though, there's no charge on them. (for some reason I feel the need to add a "yet" there, LOL)

Sorry, I wrote that late at night. I know it isn't stealing, but others were talking about feeling like a criminal or thief and, when I actually thought about their strategy (taking extra colours), realised that it actually multiplied the "non stealing that was making them feel like criminals" and found it funny, since it had totally made sense to me (as in taking other colours would be something I'd do), until I thought about it.

Probably still not being coherent, but wanted to make sure you didn't think I was criticizing anyone.

This is cracking me up:rotfl: Here is my question, do you think that Home Depot even knows about the mickey heads?

That was me who said it - I meant I grabbed other colors (that I am considering painting DS's room, the family room, etc.) because it felt like I had a "purpose" for grabbing all the paint samples.

And in my crazy little world that made taking the 10 lime green ones better. ;)

I'm so glad I'm not the only one who loves these things! I get a bunch in every color (not all at the same time, obviously) and use them as journalling cards for my Disney scrapbooks.

DH-to-be does some landscaping, so luckily he hits Home Depot quite frequently. Whenever he goes I make sure to tell him to grab me a fresh stack!

Oh my god! :lmao: This thread just gave me a flashback, when Disney Paint was first released i was like 5ish or 6ish and at that age i was addicted to getting all those little papers and samples and whatnot, so i went and i saw the little color palettes well i saw that there was a stack wrapped in plastic (brand new) with maybe 100+ color palettes and i came home that day and dumped them into a bookbag... god knows where that bookbag is... i think i may have to do some hunting... (btw i'm 13 now, and i haven't done that again :rotfl: )

I am going today to get quite a bit of Mickey Heads this evening! I'm going to keep it on the downlow.....:lmao: I am going to make a big countdown with them. Our trip is getting closer and closer....so looks like I am snagging over 30 of them.......

Can someone explain these lime green mickey heads and what they are used for?

punch a hole in and attach to your luggage, purse, stroller etc..with string or cable ties ...at least you'll be able to recognize your luggage quickly ...hopefully other disers will spot you and say hello!

(this was a ? I kept asking and I always seemed to miss the answer):)

You are all cracking me up with this thread! :rotfl: I am just so happy that I am not alone. I want to make a Big Countdown Calender with them, and get a couple extra for the trip to decorate or door.......I am a very guilty by nature person. I remember taking a pack of Mentos when I was about 4 years old, all because my mom said No that i couldn't have them, and well I took them anyway, I stuck them in my white and grey fur muffler, you know ladies that thing that has a cord that wraps around your neck and has a fur tube attached to it, and you can put your hands in it....very fashionable in the 70's anyhoo, Well my mom made me feel terrible the whole way home because she found them and said she was going to take me back and tell the owner of the store......OH NO.....well she never did but that scared the bajeezeys out of me, so now, the thoughts of taking anything just brings back those HORRIBLE memories. EEK:scared1: Look Scarred for life............................I have to remember that when my DS4 pulls that...hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm....I wonder if anyone from HOME DEPOT particapates on these boards? They probably have ratted us out???????:idea:

You are lucky! The one time I stole a pack of gum when I was in grade school and the store caught me. My uncle was with me and of course he told my mom. What was really bad is that it was the day before Halloween. :rolleyes1

When I caught my daughter stealing I took her back to the store. She never stole again. She was in 1st or 2nd grade and she took some fancy pencil from Walmart. She never did it again after that!

Sadly, we live in a very small town... and it's pretty obvious when I go and help myself to Mickey chips. There are two regular paint mixing staff members who know me... and now ask "When are you guys leaving?" Oh well, guess HD is onto me :rotfl:

and since they partnered up with Disney for these paints; think of it as a "special perk" that comes along with the cost to stay at Disney......

I am so excited! I just discovered this from the boards & I went to Home Depot & picked me up some of the Mickey Heads. I was like a kid in a candy store and my 12 year old just thought I was crazy!!!!!

Sadly, we live in a very small town... and it's pretty obvious when I go and help myself to Mickey chips. There are two regular paint mixing staff members who know me... and now ask "When are you guys leaving?" Oh well, guess HD is onto me :rotfl:

:lmao: :lmao: :rotfl: :rotfl: That is too funny! You made my day with that one. I was wondering if they get that or not....

:lmao: :lmao: :rotfl: :rotfl: That is too funny! You made my day with that one. I was wondering if they get that or not....

Apparently our little store knows about it, so I'm wondering what the larger cities make of the Mickey Head disappearances!!

I've gone in and done my best "acting" to date... I "hmmmm" and "ummm", pretending I have NO IDEA which color I'm going to paint a room. "Gee, should it be alien green or princess pink? I REALLY don't know. I guess I'll have to take one of each. Now, which colors did I get? I can't remember. Rather than looking at my pile, I guess I'll take one of each just to be safe. Ooops, looks like those two stuck together. Oh well..."

Hee hee... :rolleyes1

Okay, here is my strategy...and yes, I know I am a nerd for having a LGMH stealing strategy. First, I kidnap my DSis and take her with me to HD. We really pretend like we can't decide on paint color...and yes, I am teaching an 8 year-old that 'borrowing' things from HD is okay :rolleyes: .
Now, while we're 'debating' colors, I take one of the pamphlets that line the side of the paint display. The pamphlets fold out into several sections, and they're supposed to help you match colors with Disney characters/themes. Yeah, whatever. So, with pamphlet in hand, we just tuck as many LGMHs underneath. The pamphlet covers our true selfishness. Then, we leave the store hysterically laughing.
The pitiful thing about all of this is when she's older, my DSis will probably list HD as her most favorite memory with me. Oh well...what can I say? :confused3 We had fun!

Since I have only recently discovered the Mickey Heads, please tell me some different uses for them. I know they are great for scrapbooks, but how else can I use them?

My hubby & I just went and got our Mickey heads, well actually it was just me. :confused3 My husband refused to be a part of it. He said I will go with you, but I will not take any. I used the Disney Pamplets to hide them.....:rotfl: I was doing the well, it would be nice to paint it orange, but the green is so much brighter.....what to do, what to do, I didn't bother keeping track of how many I took, I knew that I wanted 31, I wanted to do a 31 day countdown...all of APRIL.....well we got to the car, and I was nervous that I only got 20 or so, this is a hard thing to pull off, anyhoo....I ended up getting close to 100 :lmao: so now I have a ton left over, so now I will use them at the resort and for luggage tags......I will think of a couple more ideas too I am sure.

Since I have only recently discovered the Mickey Heads, please tell me some different uses for them. I know they are great for scrapbooks, but how else can I use them?

See posts 8 and 9:

so what is it you do with the LGMHs anyway? I got a whole bunch of assorted colors and marked them 1-31 and put double sided tape on the back so we can attach them to the kids' room door and have a daily countdown (and numbers learning school for the 5 year old)! :rotfl:

punch a hole in and attach to your luggage, purse, stroller etc..with string or cable ties ...at least you'll be able to recognize your luggage quickly ...hopefully other disers will spot you and say hello!

I've been picking up some forest green and dark red ones to make a paper wreath with to put on the door of our cabin when we cruise this December.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter