• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

How do you double check your charges after going to Disney World?

KittyKitty

DIS Veteran
Hello

My trips to WDW are usually 10-14 days. I come back with a pile of receipts. I also get emails from Disney on each charge. Do you have a way to double check your expenses when you get home?

Thanks

Hello

My trips to WDW are usually 10-14 days. I come back with a pile of receipts. I also get emails from Disney on each charge. Do you have a way to double check your expenses when you get home?

Thanks
guest.services.billing@disneyworld.com

Send them the confirmation number, dates of your stay and hotel and they will email you a final copy of your folio (hotel bill) which details all items charged to your room as well as payments.

From experience, we also have to make a strong effort not to let ourselves charge anything NOT to the room if staying on property. One trip my husband walked around with a credit card and the headache of making sure all the charges were ours across the card and the room charges... :headache: I always wait a couple days to email them for the room charges list, then it will have any last adjustments they make with your credit card too. (I've paid with gift cards and had charges and credits at the end)

DH and I like to keep up with things as we go... Just from our experience's we have started doing a few things whenever we travel no matter where we are at or going.. We just will pop in at the Resort or Hotel desk and ask for a itemized bill, it is sooo much easier to deal with a discrepancies right then. Instead of days later when there are alot more charges to wade thru on check out day. As well we like to get a copy of bill when we check out. It is sooo much easier to deal with this in person if there is a problem, than when you are home and realize there is a problem...

We always make sure to get a receipt when traveling... for any and everything that we pay for... I have this old beat up, recipe according file folder thingy, its like 6 X 8, that I throw into the back pack and we just stick all the receipts in it as we go, it has the divider built in so its simple... it's not fancy but it works...

DH and I always look at the receipts before walking away from the counter or kiosk, or getting up from the table... its easier to take care of things right then... and then DH will check the CC's later that night or next morning... and plenty of times we have found small problems and they just fix it right then...

We get an itemized list, too, but I also carry a day by day ledger to the hotel. I liked the last one because there was a pocket in each page to store the receipts. In the morning, while everyone was getting ready, I'd take a minute to put in all the numbers from the receipts and check against our budget. The itemized list at the end is great, but it never had everything. There were times we paid cash or card rather than using our magic bands, and at least 2 or 3 expenses that were to other companies but still on Disney property or during vacation. I like to get accurate data so I can budget better for the next trip, and the only way I can think of doing that is with the handful of receipts each day.

During our last two trips we'd had a itemized bill emailed to us in the early hours of our last night there, we've never had to request them.
Most recently OKW, and the stay before that was POR I think.

some time we stay with in our estimated budget but other time we don't keep track at all like our last trip in Nov 2019 we went over board with souvenirs, but we go every 2 years so we tend to splurge some times

this was from our last night in the resort packing to head home
IMG_4735.JPG

Not sure why using your credit card at Disney would be any more complicated then shopping at home. You could also use cash instead of credit cards if keeping track becomes that cumbersome.

Since I go for 10 days+ I come home with 50+ receipts. I use them to compare my itemized bill. Now Disney is emailing me the individual charges. I didn't think to ask for a final folio on my charges. I will in the future.

Thanks all!

We will never again charge anything except to our room, and we will go over the bill carefully when we switch resorts ( we like split stays). The last two trips we've been hacked from the Orlando area within 6 weeks or our trips. If we go off property for something we will use cash.

We're DVC. Never leave WDW without a zero balance or anything due. Do not charge to credit card ever. Unless in case of emergency or forgot cash/gift card (but that has never happened.
Why? Do they have a lot of billing issues/mistakes? Or is this just your advice from a budgeting standpoint? We prefer the ease of charging the room and just coming home and paying the cc off then.

Most Chase and AmEx cards enable you to upload a picture of your receipt; artificial intelligence will then pull the details of the receipt and match it to corresponding transactions. You can classify each transaction - meals, lodging, entertainment, or a custom class. This is the most efficient and easiest way to keep track of what you’re spending.

I need the folio, namely the all in one place listing of all of the charges that should add up to the grand total showing on my credit card bill.

Even if I have all of the paper cash register receipts and all of the individual emails from Disney and all of the uploads from Chase or Amex, if they don't add up to the grand total I will never succeed in finding a credit card bill discrepancy using only all these pieces and a calculator.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter