How do servers get tips with DdXP? Is the service better or worse?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Disney-Kim

DIS Veteran
Just wondering if those of you who do dining plans notice a difference in service? How do the servers get tips? Are they automatic or up to the patron?

I just wonder how many people wouldn't tip on the actual food cost:confused:

Well you do receive a bill with the total food cost regardless if you use the DP or not, so you know how much to tip. I think the servers have for the most part always been fantastic whether I am on the DP or not. I would think that they would be more excited for someone on the DP because the guests are typically ordering more- on deluxe each person gets app,entree and dessert- making the check average and the potential tip to be much higher.

We always tip on the whole $$ amount, even when on the DxDDP. I've kind of felt like our service was a little better when we were on the plan, but I've only had a very few experiences NOT on the plan, so it's hard to make any concrete conclusions. I just know they always ask at the beginning of the meal if you are on a dining plan, and I feel like they react disappointed when we say no, and can't help but feel like they move us down a little in priority then.

Disney-Kim said:
Just wondering if those of you who do dining plans notice a difference in service? How do the servers get tips? Are they automatic or up to the patron?

I just wonder how many people wouldn't tip on the actual food cost:confused:

3) entirely up to the guest.
4) A Lot

I have found the service to be wonderful regardless of what form of payment we used, but I tend to believe in the golden rule, treat others as you want to be treated. That being said, we have had DDP, TIW, OOP and combinations of DDP and TIW (paid OOP).

I had an acquaintance who went had DDP, said quite a few places had sub-par service, but she and her family tend to be very negative people and are not always the most pleasant to servers in restaurants or clerks in stores.

Closing this, because tip discussion is limited to the Tipping Information Thread on the main restaurant board.

How much you tip is entirely up to you unless you are a party of 6 or more, or you are using the Tables in Wonderland discount program. Then, it's an 18% tip added automatically at all table service (including buffets). The Dining Plan has no effect on tips, the procedure is the same on the dining plan and off it - it is always expected to tip based on the menu prices.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter