How do I go back to a world that doesn't have fireworks every night?

THat is so awesome about the cruise Suzi! I can't wait to hear all about it!

I just have to comment on this. Now that my girls are older, and especially now that we have taken this Disney trip together, I am reminded of how much time we wasted on things that didn't create memories. Looking back, I wish we would have invested more $$ into trips and spending time together - I know, when we were first married, and the girls were little - we didn't have a lot of $$ to spare. But through the years, we've managed to save and take a few vacations that are really imprinted on our memories. I look at the girls and realize that I only have 4 years until Allison graduates and goes to college (5 for V) - and I think of all the time we wasted. It really makes me want to make up for it, in a big way.

So, I just wanted to say that... make memories while you can - they do grow and they grow fast, and before you know it, you'll wish you had made those memories.

D~ <--- if you learn anything from me today, learn that. :lovestruc

Obviously, I agree whole-heartedly! :cloud9:

looks like you all have fun at your folks...

congrats on the cruise, sounds fun to have your cousins along too!

My DH is the same way ... he's very attached to what little we have. :lmao: I'd rather invest what I can into memories though. :cloud9:

I just have to comment on this. Now that my girls are older, and especially now that we have taken this Disney trip together, I am reminded of how much time we wasted on things that didn't create memories. Looking back, I wish we would have invested more $$ into trips and spending time together - I know, when we were first married, and the girls were little - we didn't have a lot of $$ to spare. But through the years, we've managed to save and take a few vacations that are really imprinted on our memories. I look at the girls and realize that I only have 4 years until Allison graduates and goes to college (5 for V) - and I think of all the time we wasted. It really makes me want to make up for it, in a big way.

So, I just wanted to say that... make memories while you can - they do grow and they grow fast, and before you know it, you'll wish you had made those memories.

I am printing this off to take home to Bill. I totally agree with this! Everytime I catch him complaining about spending money I say "well you can't take it with you". And that is what I try to live by. Not that I spend spend spend, but when it comes to trips and vacations that is my philosophy. This is a big difference between Bill and I. My family took multiple trips a year growing up, and he had never been out of New England until our honeymoon cruise to the Caribbean. So either he can get used to it, or Bradey and I will go by ourselves ;)

looks like you all have fun at your folks...

congrats on the cruise, sounds fun to have your cousins along too!

Yeah, it was weird. I haven't talked to them in a while and I posted something on Facebook about maybe taking a cruise and they told us they were going on the exact one! It will be neat because we aren't super close, but we still have fun together. So we won't feel like we have to spend every waking hour with them, but it will give us someone to have dinner with at the very least. Gotta get a ticker up :cool1:

I'm going again! Thanks to a little extra help from other family, I am taking my favorite little cousin for a graduation trip! Only bad thing is it has to be July :scared1: Not sure how we will handle the heat and crowds after that wonderful trip in Feb, but I'll try anything once. I'll have to start a PTR soon!

I'm going again! Thanks to a little extra help from other family, I am taking my favorite little cousin for a graduation trip! Only bad thing is it has to be July :scared1: Not sure how we will handle the heat and crowds after that wonderful trip in Feb, but I'll try anything once. I'll have to start a PTR soon!

A trip in July is better than no trip at all in my books! I'm excited for you! I can't wait to hear all about it. Let me know when you start the PTR!!! :yay:

Oh I just loved that pic of your little guy and his grammie in the pool! So cute, and what a nice spot they have with the water right there. Don't know what to say about the gator!!:scared1:

What a great surprise for your husband! A cruise...jealous!!:yay: My DH and I will get there someday! Although I can't complain we do have a small weekend away planned Aug 31 - Sept 2 at a friends wedding in Eastern Canada. (We are just outside Toronto) So....a few days away will be nice too!

Nice to get caught up with you! :flower3:

A trip in July is better than no trip at all in my books! I'm excited for you! I can't wait to hear all about it. Let me know when you start the PTR!!! :yay:

Thats what I say too! I know its gonna be hot, I know its gonna be crowded....but I will only have me to worry about. Not dragging a 5 yrold around in that craziness! Dani is 18, she can take care of herself :)

Oh I just loved that pic of your little guy and his grammie in the pool! So cute, and what a nice spot they have with the water right there. Don't know what to say about the gator!!:scared1:

What a great surprise for your husband! A cruise...jealous!!:yay: My DH and I will get there someday! Although I can't complain we do have a small weekend away planned Aug 31 - Sept 2 at a friends wedding in Eastern Canada. (We are just outside Toronto) So....a few days away will be nice too!

Nice to get caught up with you! :flower3:

Thanks! Don't worry, that picture makes the gator look alot closer than he was. And there was a little cliff separating him and the water, so I was pretty confident that he wasn't in any danger.

So, about the cruise....hubby absolutely refuses to spend the money on a cruise with his job so up in the air. I agree...so I am going to Disney in July instead :rotfl: I don't think this was exactly what he meant, but oh well. My money :) I can't wait to take my little cousin! She has been more like a little sister to me over the years. I have to get a PTR started now......

Love the pics while you guys were in Florida visiting your Mom and Dad. Love that you saw an alligator swimming by.

Love the pics while you guys were in Florida visiting your Mom and Dad. Love that you saw an alligator swimming by.

Thanks Kathy. And don't worry, the gator place was no where near my parents house. We went to this place specifically for the gators. It is about an hour away from Cape Coral.

So I started the PTR for July! I added it to my signature, so if you are interested, come visit me!

Great TR.. Sounded like you had a great first family trip and can't wait to read about more! I love all the pictures.. My hubs was funny about me taking food pics but he let me (he knows it comes along with this Disney OCD I have..LOL) I am sorry to say that I had planned to let my Hubs see more of the WS too but OMG we just lost track of time and only had that one day there and Poof it was time for Illuminations and we hadn't been to 5 of the countries - so I am using this as "bait" for our next trip!!! haaaa... Sorry to hear you can't do the cruise - I hope you find something nice to do for your 10th :) even if its here at home..

I am going to check out your July pre-TR now..

Great TR.. Sounded like you had a great first family trip and can't wait to read about more! I love all the pictures..

Thanks so much for reading :)

My hubs was funny about me taking food pics but he let me (he knows it comes along with this Disney OCD I have..LOL)

LOL, Yep, my cousin has already been informed that I will need to take pictures of everything before we start eating. She thinks I am weird, but oh well....I'm paying for this trip :rotfl:

I am sorry to say that I had planned to let my Hubs see more of the WS too but OMG we just lost track of time and only had that one day there and Poof it was time for Illuminations and we hadn't been to 5 of the countries - so I am using this as "bait" for our next trip!!! haaaa...

Yeah, WS is on top of my Epcot "to do" list this time. I think Dani will enjoy it, and there are lots of inside spots to cool off :thumbsup2

Sorry to hear you can't do the cruise - I hope you find something nice to do for your 10th :) even if its here at home..

I think we are going to do a long weekend in Bar Harbor. Acadia is my favorite place on earth and I think the end of Sept will be nice and relaxing there. All the flatlanders will be gone and we can just take our time and enjoy it.

I am going to check out your July pre-TR now..

See you over there! :wave2:

Enjoyed this TR! We were at Disney in Feb too, from the 9th to the 19th! We stayed offsite though.

The Poly looks gorgeous. I'll definitely have to explore when we go there next time for our Ohanas ADR.

Enjoyed this TR! We were at Disney in Feb too, from the 9th to the 19th! We stayed offsite though.

The Poly looks gorgeous. I'll definitely have to explore when we go there next time for our Ohanas ADR.

Thanks Emma. The Poly is gorgeous! And due to some unexpected drooling over pictures....I might be going back there for our next trip in Oct 2013. Going to check out your TR now....

Thanks Emma. The Poly is gorgeous! And due to some unexpected drooling over pictures....I might be going back there for our next trip in Oct 2013. Going to check out your TR now....

ROFL... :stir:

D~

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter