How do I go about doing this?

disney-super-mom

DIS Veteran
We (DH, me, DS 8, DS 5, MIL, BIL) have 2 rooms booked w/a package at CSR, checking in December 9th and checking out December 16th (7 nights).

The package we booked was using a 40% off code, and it's my understanding from what I've read here on the boards, that at this point in time we can't add on another night to our package using the 40% off code?:confused3

Anyway, we're changing our plans a bit, and now we'd like to arrive a day earlier, on December 8th.

First, can I call reservations and just book 2 rooms at POP for the night of December 8th with a AAA discount, or do I have to do that through AAA? (Also, do we still get ME with a room only reservation?)

Second, will they link our room only reservation with our package reservation?

Third, how exactly do we switch resorts the next day to CSR and get our Key to the World cards so we have access to the DDP and entry to the themeparks?.....Do we check out of POP, leave our stuff there and they transfer it for us to CSR, while we go to a park?......Or, do we check out of POP, leave our stuff there and they transfer it for us to CSR, and we make our way over to CSR to check in and pick up our Keys to the World, and then hit a park? How exactly is this done? (I'm sorry to say that I have no idea.):rolleyes1

I don't know much about the AAA rate/linking your 2 ressies, but when we went in December we spent one night at Ft. Wilderness in a cabin (we also decided to add a night at the start of our trip after making the other reservation! But we reserved the cabin thru Expedia instead of Disney like our main reservation) and we scheduled a luggage pick-up for the next morning before check-out time - like, 30 minutes before check-out. They came and got our bags and transferred them to WL. They were available within a few hours and were taken to our room. It's so easy! We were headed off to the park but were still at the resort when the luggage arrived.

You can call straight to Disney reservations for a AAA room only discount, if they have one available with the discount.

I'm doing one Pop Century night before my Poly stay, since we're getting in later, that way I don't "waste" a day. However I'm driving down, so I'm going to take my own luggage over to the Poly and check in the next day. That way, even if my room isn't ready, I'll know that Poly bell services already has it.

Go ahead and reserve the Pop rooms any way you'd like.

Disney's Magical Express is for anyone named on a WDW resort reservation ... package or room-only, 1 night or 10 nights, value or deluxe ....

Get your bags to the Pop Luggage Assistance CMs and they will transfer it to CSR for you. Since you have to check in at CSR to gain access to your park passes and DDP credits, you might consider taking a taxi there in the morning.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter