how did your infant do on the plane ride to WDW?

diz_princess

Mouseketeer
I would like to hear some experiences from parents who have taken their infant by plane to WDW. How old was your child, how long of a flight and how did they do?

Last December we took our then 10 month old on a flight from Nashville to Orlando with a connecting flight in Charlotte. I felt that he did excellent. I made sure I had plenty of bottles for him to suck on during take off and landing and as we had late night flights he slept some of the time. He only had one time where he got a little fussy(and it wasn't even a full out cry, but I was nervous so I was frantic trying to get him to calm down). I also took a few new toys for him to play with-but he enjoyed chewing on the plastic cups that we got our drinks in more than anything!

Good luck! We plan to do it again this December-he will be 22 months old then and I think it will be harder to keep him occupied!

Jennifer

We flew from Vegas to Dayton, when my daughter was one week old...to get her home. The plane sound kept her asleep the entire flight, people remarked they didn't even know a baby was on board. Second trip Ohio to FL when she was 4 mos old, no problems (except finding a plance to change her) she had a bottle and her pacifier then. At 1 year, it was a little trickier, she wanted to walk around and explore not stay in her seat. No ear problems until she was 4.

We took my DS (2) to Disney World in March 2001. We flew out of Nashville, TN and we had no problems. My wife is a music teacher and I am in the music biz so he loves music. We bought him an inexpensive walkman and brought a bag with his favorite tapes and some of his favorite books and we didn't hear a peep from him the entire trip. We were so nervous about the flight because we weren't sure how he would react, but our trip was very smooth. He loves to fly now and talks about it frequently. Of course, a lot of that is the destination that we were going to. He is a DIS fan for life!

Good luck and let us know how it goes!

We started planning our December 1994 in March of 1994. Plans were for DH, myself and friend to go for a week. Well in June 1994 were were informed that we were chosen by birthparents and our child would be due in July 1994. We went to WDW as planned with our new baby daughter who was 4 1/2 months at the time. She did great. We just made sure we had plenty of bottles for her to drink for take off and landing since she did not take a pacifier. It also helped that she had 3 sets of arms to be shifted to. The flight was about 1 1/2 hours. Hope this helps.

My 16 month old dd has been on 6 plane trips so far - thankfully all direct flights. She has done well on all of the flights. I think the biggest factor for her has been having her own seat. Since most airlines will sell an infant's seat (under 2) for 1/2 of the adult fare, it has never been more than $110 or so and has been well worth it. She sits in her own carseat which is familiar and doesn't expect to get out since she can't while she is in the car. We bring toys and sippie cups to keep her entertained as well as a few snacks etc. We gate check our stroller so that we have it while in the airport as well as during our trip and have a backpack carrying case for our carseat so it is easier to schlep around too.

Traveling with an infant presents its own challenges but it can be done fairly easily. You know your childs travel habits (how he/she does in the car for extended periods of time etc.) and that should help you predict how the plane trip will go and what you'll need to plan for.

Good luck

If your holding the baby and feeding a bottle of milk or formula, just be careful that they are burped. The little tyke next to me vomited all over me, including my hair. Not fun, not pretty.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter