How did you meet your Significant Other?

Cheryl and I meet at the Jupiter Wal-mart. She just moved 3 days earlier from Arkansas and was working there. I was just looking around in the electronic department, when she just came up and started talking to me. We talked for about 1 hour she gave me her #. Two day later we went on our first date and after 8 years and one Rudy we are still together.

DH and I were both in Auburn's band together and basically we didn't associate together until I had a rat child (first year band person that a veteran "adopts and takes around campus to show them a good time) that was his frat brother. We knew each other for a couple of years before by just doing the same things. The fall of my junior year, my former rat child calls me up and says that he needs a favor and would I help him out. He made it sound like this person was so pathetic and needed a date desperately and never had a date. Naive me didn't realize that the person he was going to take was the girl I couldn't stand in my section with the same first name. I can't stand know it alls, and she was the poster child for it. Her grandfather had suddenly passed and she couldn't go to the formal and I had 48 hours to get a formal dress. (If you ladies are well endowed, you know how difficult this is) We hit it off ok for the first date and 18 years later, one heathen (oh I mean my son), a dog that has come and gone and several sugar gliders (we lost two in two hurricanes) later, we are still going strong. We didn't get married until '96, so I just use how long we have been together. 12 yrs married. I always tease him that I had to play second fiddle to that other Jen, but he sluff it off. They would have never worked. She is too much of a blonde...I have somewhat of a clue most of the time...

I worked with my wifes older sister, and she lived about a block from the job, so we went to her house to partake in some illegal activities! I walked in and she was sitting on the couch watching TV, and I knew I was gonna marry that girl right then and there, or at least violate her in several different ways. We barely even spoke on that first meeting, but those long glances at each other couldnt be mistaken for anything but teenage heat. 6 months later, I stole her away and illegally took her across state lines to Atlanta, because we had nothing else to do and needed the adventure. She was still 17, I was 19....making our way in life.....we didnt have a pot to pee in or a window to throw it out of....but we did just fine on our own. After a few expected breakups and typical youth drama....we got married, and lived happily ever after. We are now in the process of the "gray" part of "growing old and gray together"....and, though there are ALOT of things I would do differently if given the chance.....ID never change a thing about that first day when I just thought I was going to get high after work again.
Thats my redneck fairytale. Im no Prince Charming, but I sure landed myself a royal broad!

I knew Rog's story would be best.:rotfl2:

DH and I were both in Auburn's band together and basically we didn't associate together until I had a rat child (first year band person that a veteran "adopts and takes around campus to show them a good time) that was his frat brother. We knew each other for a couple of years before by just doing the same things. The fall of my junior year, my former rat child calls me up and says that he needs a favor and would I help him out. He made it sound like this person was so pathetic and needed a date desperately and never had a date. Naive me didn't realize that the person he was going to take was the girl I couldn't stand in my section with the same first name. I can't stand know it alls, and she was the poster child for it. Her grandfather had suddenly passed and she couldn't go to the formal and I had 48 hours to get a formal dress. (If you ladies are well endowed, you know how difficult this is) We hit it off ok for the first date and 18 years later, one heathen (oh I mean my son), a dog that has come and gone and several sugar gliders (we lost two in two hurricanes) later, we are still going strong. We didn't get married until '96, so I just use how long we have been together. 12 yrs married. I always tease him that I had to play second fiddle to that other Jen, but he sluff it off. They would have never worked. She is too much of a blonde...I have somewhat of a clue most of the time...

well, you ended up alright.... Most Florida guys aren't that pathetic....:rotfl2: :rotfl2: :rotfl2: :rotfl2:

To add more to Cheryl and my story I just started dating weeks before and we spent lots of time together. After Cheryl’s and my first date I called the other girl and broke it off. Something just told me she was the ONE.:thumbsup2

My friend and her boyfriend had 2 extra tickets to go see Def Leopard, so they invited me to go and tried to set me up with some guy I never got to meet...he was in a car accident and ended up with his arm in one of those straight out cast thingies. So they had one extra ticket and the day of the concert her boyfriend went to work and asked some guy he worked with if he wanted to go. Well it was love at first sight (he was bent over getting a beer). We went to Saratoga park to drink a bit before the concert, I had a few too many and sang "Crazy for You" to him...which became our song of course. We dated and eventually moved in together and have been married for 11 years. I'm so glad that other guy whom I've never met broke his arm that fateful day!

I used to frequent "gentlemens" clubs back in the day, and I went into one, and saw this dancer... I knew I had to get her name.... I spent $300 on lapdances, and that's how I met my future wife.........

well I met my sweetheart one night in the local bar....A bunch of us girls were sitting at a table and a long time friend was sitting up at the bar talking to this handsome guy and called me over and introduced us and was told he was new in town and could I show him around...well I took him over to "meet the girls" and he introduced himself as I B Chuck....we all got a good laugh.....later that night it was time for the place to close and I offered him a ride home...my buddy suggested we all meet the next night for dinner so I took IB Chuck home and confirmed the date for the next night....IB Chuck was a widower with a chip on his shoulder and seemed to need a friend...i wasn't really looking for a BF but good friends are hard to come by and I'm a good one so ....long story short after a few months of "dates" we became more than just friends and eventually fell in love....he asked my kids 2 years later if he could marry me and cooked up a romantic proposal back at the same pub with their help....life has been interesting to say the least and rocky at best but out love has lasted through even the worst of times...:hippie: I B Chuck and I are best friends and have been together for 15 years now! Can't ask for more than that!!!

I used to frequent "gentlemens" clubs back in the day, and I went into one, and saw this dancer... I knew I had to get her name.... I spent $300 on lapdances, and that's how I met my future wife.........

she never told me about lapdances....:confused3

(don't get me wrong, i am NOT into lapdances)

it's a dark secret that she refuses to let out of her closet.

i'm happy with the one I got, i couldn't handle another.

He's been saying he has homework to do, but he has been on here all nite. Does anyone want to help me build a Kitty Tower for the cats? We have the wood and all, but he's been putting it off.... it worked for the Mickey Light post...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter