How crowded on the Sunday and Monday After Thanksgiving?

becka

<font color=green>Proud Mommy of sweet Nathan and
DH and I will be going to Orlando a few days early for the DIS convention and we thought that this trip we would spend some time outside of WDW. We still are not totally sure which parks because there are so many things we want to see and we only have 3 days.

I think IOA is a definite and we will probably also do Universal Studios. How crowded will these parks be on the Sunday and Monday after Thanksgiving? Would we be any better off doing these parks on Monday and Tuesday? We have never been to these parks and I really don't want to experience them for the first time was massive crowds. I can deal with moderate crowds but not huge ones.

Thanks! :)

becka

<font color=blue>Port Orleans - December 1999
All Star Movies - May 2000
Coronado Springs - January 2001
Swan - May 2001
All Star Movies - November 2001</font color>

Crowds during the Thanksgiving weekend are large. They tend to die off on Monday and for the next two weeks in December. I would go on the Monday or Tuesday after the holiday.

guy.gif

Barry Hom
The moderator formerly known as Barry aka usagi
Moderator, Universal and Sea World Boards

"If you were me, you'd be good looking."

What about the crowds on Wed, Thanksgiving Day and the Friday after? This would be our first time too, but would hopefully stay at HRH for the FOTL perk.

Wednesday probably won't be busy. Turkey Day itself may be slow since most people are busy eating turkey and watching football. Friday will probably be very busy.

guy.gif

Barry Hom
The moderator formerly known as Barry aka usagi
Moderator, Universal and Sea World Boards

"If you were me, you'd be good looking."

we went to ioa/usf on the mon and tues. after thanksgiving. on monday it was early entry to ioa if you had a multi-day ticket(ours was a 2 day). the ee at ioa was awesome. we had the park to ourselves for an hour--did spiderman as many times as we wanted. from about 11-4 park was a little more crowded(the longest wait was less than 30min all day) after 4 until close it was really empty, on tues it was the same at usf and ioa. the crowds were a fraction of what we had the next few days afterward at wdw--we thought it was a great time to go. also the grinch had just opened and seuss landing was "grinchmas" which our 5yr old love

Went last year and on Thanksgiving day it wasn't bad, but the crowds did build during the day a bit. Friday and Sat were the worst. Sunday and Monday the crowds lightened up, particualry Monday. As always show up when the park opens and you will have the time of your life. I also like the strategy of doing lots of rides and then when you feel all the crowds come switch and do the shows.

Have fun!

Jenn

Generally the peak crowds for the weak of Thanksgiving occur on Friday and Saturday. Sunday and Monday should be pretty empty since most people will be heading back home.

Jim

<A HREF="http://uoio.8m.com">Universal Orlando Information Overload</A>- Coming Soon

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!