How crowded is BLT pool right now?

LisaDKG

A little obsessed...
Just checking to see how guests have found the crowding to be at the pool at BLT due to the closure of the main pool at the Contemporary? I think I've read that Contemporary guests are currently invited to use the DVC pool since theirs is closed - and I've usually found the BLT pool to be crowded when it's JUST DVC guests. Any one with first hand BLT experience during this current CR renovation and pool closure?

o_O🤣

OMG! How did I get that so wrong?

"From January 9, 2023 through early April 2023, the feature pool and whirlpool spas will be closed for refurbishment."

Nevermind...😬!

I think I've read that Contemporary guests are currently invited to use the DVC pool since theirs is closed
That's not what it said, but a lot of people think that's what it says. The "Bay Lake Pool" will be available to guests at the Contemporary, but that's an entirely different pool, closer to the beach.

I'm also worried about this... and I'm wondering if there's any chance they'll complete the renovations early (We're planning a trip for the first week of April).

Here's the statement on the DVC site:

2023 Refurbishments
The feature pool and whirlpool spas at the adjacent Disney’s Contemporary Resort will be closed for refurbishment from January 9, 2023 through early April 2023. The following will remain open for your enjoyment:

*Bay Cove Pool
*The leisure pool and water play area at Disney's Contemporary Resort

The Bay Cove Pool is the DVC Bay Lake Tower pool. So it does sound like they're offering Contemporary resort guests access to the Bay Lake Tower pool.

The "Bay Pool" is the contemporary pool closer to the lake... but the "Bay Cove Pool" is the DVC pool. - yeah, it's easy to get these confused.

I'm also worried about this... and I'm wondering if there's any chance they'll complete the renovations early (We're planning a trip for the first week of April).

2023 Refurbishments
The feature pool and whirlpool spas at the adjacent Disney’s Contemporary Resort will be closed for refurbishment from January 9, 2023 through early April 2023. The following will remain open for your enjoyment:

*Bay Cove Pool

The Bay Cove Pool is the DVC Bay Lake Tower pool. So it does sound like they're offering Contemporary resort guests access to the Bay Lake Tower pool.

The "Bay Pool" is the contemporary pool closer to the lake... but the "Bay Cove Pool" is the DVC pool. - yeah, it's easy to get these confused.

I wonder if the info is the same for cash guests booking CR?

They may not be offered the BLT pool and be given a different choice Thant what it says on DVC site?

2023 Refurbishments

*Bay Cove Pool

Yes, the Bay Cove Pool is the BLT pool and will remain open to DVC members and guests at BLT - per the statement you quoted from the DVC site.

Guests at the CR do not have access to the Bay Cove Pool, they have access to the Bay Lake Pool which is the other pool at CR - here’s what the statement says on the Contemporary Resort website https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/recreation/contemporary-resort/pools-contemporary-resort/:

From January 9, 2023 through early April 2023, the feature pool and whirlpool spas will be closed for refurbishment. The water play area and Bay Lake Pool will remain open for your enjoyment. You may see and hear construction noise while this refurbishment is underway, but you should not hear noise from Guest rooms between dusk and 9:00 AM. We apologize for any inconvenience.

So, no, guests at CR are not allowed to use the Bay Cove Pool at BLT. They’re limited to the Bay Lake Pool at CR.

Way back when BLT was being designed, the person who named the BLT pool wasn’t thinking!

Thanks for clarifying CarolynFH!

Yeah, makes sense that the message displayed on the DVC site isn't the same message they show for normal hotel reservations.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter