HOw can I S_T_R_E_T_C_H DDP credits to cover all three meals? Help!

Regular DDP. (Used it a few years ago when DS was much smaller and didn;t even have to be on any plan. Now he needs to eat often, growing boy!)

We used our snack credit for breakfast items (muffin, bagel, etc.) on some days.

On other days we used the CS for breakfast and used the snack at mid-day, coupled with an early TS for dinner.

My preference is the first, using the snack as breakfast, because at home we usually light at breakfast time.

Thanks! Those are both good ways to work it!. I wish I knew exactly what was considered a snack at BC. That would make planning a bit easier..We will probaly make a trip to Walmart once we get down there to stock up on some breakfast items/bottled waters .(they have good souveneirs too)

You can go to the bakery at the MK (or Boardwalk) and get cinnamon rolls, pastries, croissants, etc etc and use those snack credits for breakfast and then use the counter and table services accordingly throughout the day. The cinnamon rolls are HUGE and so good. Also the bakeries in France and Norway have some good stuff you could eat the following day.

Use your snack credits for breakfast. Grab a refillable mug for drinks (I found them to be really worth it especially when I descovered a drink from the soda machine was $2 or more) then each morning use snack credits at the resort or in the parks for breakfast items. Or you can pack quick grab breakfast items like granola bars, mini cereal, Pop Tarts etc... You can even bring oatmeal packets and get hot water in your mug to mix them up. I prefer bringing breakfast items or buying a kids breakfast (Less then $5 when I was there last) My husband and were able to share one each morning I had the mini Mickey Waffles (with strawberries if you ask real nice) and he had the Milk and mostly they let us trade that for a yogurt for him since we had the mugs, We split the meat and the fruit. I like to save my snack credits for Mickey Bars and Dole Whips or better the F&WF.

Another Idea is to use one Credit in the morning for a full sized Breakfast you can share (they are pretty big) maybe use a snack credit for pad it out (if you are at the resort and have mugs ask about trading the drinks for yogurt or something, or get cereal with a SC and use the milk for that) Then DH and you can share a CS at lunch (they are pretty big)

Sometimes we'll get fruit or danish/cinnamon roll type baked goods to bring back to our room for the next day's breakfast since we don't always want desserts. We'll often order 3 CS meals for the 4 of us. Breakfasts can easily be eaten using CS credits for things like bagel w/cream cheese, cinnamon rolls, etc. Some of the items at Main Street Bakery at MK are huge and easily split between 2 people. Take advantage of those refillable mugs so you don't need to pay for your coffee every day. If you use a CS credit for breakfast, remember that you get 2 drinks so if you use your refillable mug, you can get 2 waters for the day at the park, or you can get a juice for a child with one of those credits and you can easily share a large breakfast. Some resort food courts (I know pop did this) allowed something like a yogurt instead of the 2nd drink. If we eat a big breakfast then our lunch is typically just snacks, sometimes shared.

I always pack boxes of granola/snack bars/pop tarts in my suitcase to bring for breakfast. I also have cases of water delivered. By 11, we are hungry for lunch, and the CS restaurants are deserted at that time of day...works perfectly, and leaves all of our snack credits for an afternoon ice cream.:thumbsup2

ok, it is stupid but we bring our own Starbucks and our french press. We use the coffee maker to make the hot water and then brew our own fresh Starbucks. I bring frozen french vanilla wrapped in a plastic bag in our luggage and then have a piece of fruit or breakfast bar on the patio for breakfast.

We have done it both ways described. We found that using the snack credit for breakfast, the CS for lunch and the TS for dinner to be WAAAAAY too much food. My DH is a borderline big eater and even he found it a little much. On the next trip with the DDP we decided to try having a late breakfast and an early dinner. Then using the snack credits to fill in in between if needed. It worked much better for us. Most days we had a CS breakfast at the resort food court at around 10am but a few days we had TS still around 10am. We would then have dinner around 5pm when ADR's were needed and whenever on the days we were using CS. We ended up not using about 75% of our snack credits and bought a ton of stuff to bring home.

I would suggest that if you need to buy extra food for the hungry kiddos that you buy breakfasts....it will cost under $5 for a kids breakfast combo. A lot of snacks end up costing that much so getting a full meal is a better value for your money.

Forgot about this one.....there were several days that none of us were particularly hungry so we would split 2 meals (4 people)...we would get the larger platters which when you add in the dessert that's included ended up being about the size of a regular meal we would have at home.

Buffets are also a really great option for big eaters or for kids that want to eat more than just nuggets and mac & cheese all the time.

Thanks! Those are both good ways to work it!. I wish I knew exactly what was considered a snack at BC. That would make planning a bit easier..We will probaly make a trip to Walmart once we get down there to stock up on some breakfast items/bottled waters .(they have good souveneirs too)

BC MARKETPLACE:
Gelato! reg. $2.39 or large $2.69
Made to order Yogurt parfait $3.79
Small bottles of orange juice,milk chocolate milk
Banana, orange, apple
Box of character cookies
chip n dale pretzels
toffee bars "mickey" brand
peppermint pattie "mickey brand"
Cinnamon roll
Chocolate Croissant
Muffin
Key Lime Tart
Cupcake
Mickey rice krispie treat
Cheese cake
Chocolate cake
Carrot cake
Ind. bags of chips
vitamin water

Beaches & Cream Takeout window:
Single Scoop ice cream cup, sugar or waffle cone

I took this directly from the 2010 confirmed snack thread....Happy Planning!

ok, it is stupid but we bring our own Starbucks and our french press. We use the coffee maker to make the hot water and then brew our own fresh Starbucks. I bring frozen french vanilla wrapped in a plastic bag in our luggage and then have a piece of fruit or breakfast bar on the patio for breakfast.

I dont think that is stupid at all! GREAT idea.

The snack items all tend to be things that are under $4 and must be labelled as single serving....none of the ones that are 'family size' or 'for sharing' even though many of these are under $4.

I agree with getting some items from Walmart or where ever. We often do this to have some things in our room incase someone wants either a late night snack or wakes up early and hungry.

We often share CS too. Examples: Pizza Planet comes with a good size pizza, salad, large drink and a cookie. My boys are good eaters, but could not finish a whole pizza. I am not a big breakfast eater, so I can easily split at Main Street Bakery. My guys will share the chicken /fish combo at CHH. I always find there is plenty of food, so much so that by the end of the week we are all tired of eating.

Its really not hard at all to stretch the regular dining plan. The only problem would be if you chose a signature dinner that takes 2 table service credits. When we use it, I find that it is PLENTY of food. We typically do as others have mentioned- snack credit for breakfast, CS for lunch, and TS for dinner. However, the CS meals especially come with a LOT of food- there were some desserts or other parts of the CS meal that we were able to put in our bag and save for later. We also brought snacks for breakfast...many days we didn't use our snack credit and at the end of our trip, we had tons of them to use!

the best way we found to stretch DDP credits and still eat three meals per day was to share meals, especially b'fast...

we found the big b'fast platter (CS @ values and mods, i don't think it was offered at BC) and a snack credit or cash for an extra bagel would easily feed two of us... and it came w/two drinks...

at the BC we bought a bag of bagels (thomas' brand i think) and toasted them in the morning, helping ourselves to the free condiments (butter, cream cheese, jelly, etc) to make a quick meal... i typically did this while dh/kids were showering/dressing and brought them back to the room for "room service ala mom!" ;)

other meals can also be shared at CS locations... stretching that TS credit was next to impossible for our family...

We haven't had a problem, what we usually do it have a BIG breakfast, have a snack (french fries or something) for lunch and then QS dinner, or flip it around, QS breakfast, snack for lunch, and then a big dinner.

We have also had a QS dinner @ the hotel and you get to choose a dessert, so we have taken muffins and had them either later in the room or for breakfast the next day. Seriously, you won't have a problem with food, my fiance could be a a competitive eater (I swear, he's so skinny but can eat anything and everything) and has never complained.

We used our snack credit for breakfast items (muffin, bagel, etc.) on some days.

On other days we used the CS for breakfast and used the snack at mid-day, coupled with an early TS for dinner.

My preference is the first, using the snack as breakfast, because at home we usually light at breakfast time.

We did this, but slightly in reverse. I am a big breakfast eater and light lunch eater - so I used my CS for breakfast, snack for lunch, and TS for dinner. It worked great!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!