How busy is epcot opening festival day

jf256

Mouseketeer
I booked my dining and reservations prior to them announcing the dates for flower and garden and i managed to get a space 2020 lounge at 4pm.

Is it going to be unbearable...its our first time so the first 5 days i was hoping not to have to park hop. But if we need to we can.

our first 5 days =

MK monday - bog at 3pm and dessert after party
HS tuesday - ogas 1145 and sci fi fantasmic at 2.25 and obv fantasmic (prob difficult becos of these times)
Ep - space lounge 4.20 and then storybook dine at 1915... we have not been able to modify these.
Ak - Jiko at 8pm

We then have 2 days at universal with express and then 10 days at disney with universal ocassional days. We have extra 1 full day at epcot plus 2 half days with 1 extra evening hours and we can park hop and do that when we want to aswell.

We will be doing early entry and getting genie plus and paying ill for GG if we need to.

I dont want to miss our space 2020 but i also would like to get an understanding of what to expect so i can prepare!

We were at Epcot a couple of years ago during that Flower/Garden thing. We had no idea the event was taking place it just happened to be during the time of our planned vacation. There were various colorful floral displays and a tent you could walk through to observe butterflies. I would assume locals with AP are most likely to go on weekends when the weather is good and gives them something to do. We were there on a weekday and it wasn't any more crowded then other days. Unless you plan to be there the first day it opens, I don't think it makes much difference.

Last edited:
I wouldn't stress it. Epcot has plenty of space to spread out. You will not feel overwhelmed and wait times will be fine

Never have done FGF but venture a guess it'll not be nearly as crowded as FWF on opening day.

I think wine-and-friends have slightly more drawing power than flowers--somehow. :scratchin

Flower and Garden is really fun. We have not found it to be any where near as crowded as Food and Wine. I wouldn't worry, but we haven't been there on day 1.

Yeah we are looking forward to it just dont want to be overwhelmed with 1000s of vloggers etc. I have an allergy so if we will prob wait till l8r in trip to do any booths just because opening day may be a bit more hassle.

Or id go for vegan options as its an egg allergy.

We went last year day 1. It was crowded (but it also happened to Mardi Grad week, if that impacts crowds), but the main issue was food booth lines. The rest of Epcot wasn't bad. It was less crowded to me than than Magic Kingdom is on a typical day.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter