How bad are the buses from AKL?

DisneyMominMTL

Mouseketeer
Everywhere I read that the location of AKL makes it a very long trip from the parks...

How bad is it, really?

We've stayed at ASMo and I found the transport to be fairly effective!

And on another note... how do strollers get carried on the bus? Do you bring it in with you, or is it stored (like DME)? If it's brought in, do you have to fold it? If I remember correctly, there are steps to go in the front of the bus... any way to roll it in for example, when returning at night, I expect DS will fall asleep in his stroller before we get back...).

TIA!

Everywhere I read that the location of AKL makes it a very long trip from the parks...

How bad is it, really?

We've stayed at ASMo and I found the transport to be fairly effective!

And on another note... how do strollers get carried on the bus? Do you bring it in with you, or is it stored (like DME)? If it's brought in, do you have to fold it? If I remember correctly, there are steps to go in the front of the bus... any way to roll it in for example, when returning at night, I expect DS will fall asleep in his stroller before we get back...).

TIA!

their are new buses that dont have steps at all but they still use some of the older buses that have the steps. the new ones their not plush with the side walk but if you left the stroller an inch you can roll them on. and by flordia law you will have to fold your stroller and they dont have any compartment under the bus like dme. ds will have to come out of the stroller even if she sleeping because the bus driver not alloed to drive the bus with the stroller unfolded they will get in trouble oprate the bus with strollers unfolded it a safty issue.

and the buses run like other resorts but it is a longer trip from mk,epcot,dhs so it might be a little longer travel time. but they will get the same amount of buses that other resort might get. the only difernce them asmo is there one stop for akl hotel.

AKL is in the corner of the resort. It take the shortest time to get to AK but the longest time to MK. But the difference is only minutes it's really not a big deal.

PP is right the strollers come on the bus and must be folded up to save room and the child can not sit in it by law.

Ditto what everyone else has said. Strollers must be folded before you get on the bus - and trust me, don't wait til the last minute when the bus is stopped & you're next to board & there's a long line behind you - people will have no patience to wait for you to then remove your child & start to fold it up! Be ready to jump on the bus quickly with the stroller already folded.

We've stayed at AKL & while yes, the trip to MK, Epcot & DHS is longer than from other resorts, it's a direct ride. They don't share the bus with any other resorts like some others do. I think there might be a stop at Blizzard Beach or Typhoon Lagoon shared on one bus but that just adds maybe 3-4 extra minutes to the ride, nothing major.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter