How are you handling the stress?

SeeDisney

<font color=red>I drove by my WAWA <br><font color
Hello - I am getting more and more stressed out with everything. I am not wAtching the news anymore! I am worried about my health, my husband, my children, the unknown, my age father, my brother who is living right in the center of New Jersey. What are you doing to relieve your anxiety?

Keeping busy.
The pets help a lot, feedings, cage cleanings, cuddles.
I'm cooking more, trying new recipes. Did ribs this week and stuffed peppers. I have precooked cream cheese pancakes in the fridge to eat cold.
Drawing right now to finally get a character reference sheet for one of my characters.
I watched Onward today and ended up thinking about my dad and my old D&D group a lot.
I picked up the new Animal crossing and I'm doing an hour of that every day.
Been keeping the news off and Netflix on.
I took an hour I'd normally go shopping and did a virtual shop hour on Etsy just searching things I like and adding them to faves.
As always talking to my hubs here at home and my girlfriend over the internet.
Watched some 360 degree nature footage on Youtube. Binging stuff on Bats, rats, and animation history. All my interest groups.

Hubs has been reading, sewing, and doing his 3D paperfolding crafts. He's also been active on some pet forums where new owners post questions. It's a great time to learn a new craft or help out with a field of knowledge.

Watching old movies and cooking shows,
Looking at new recipes.
Step away from the news.
Ignore the toxic people.
Connecting with friends and family.

We were away on vacation when things got really crazy - at dizzying speed. We were in Puerto Vallarta and if it hadn't been for constant e-mails from the Canadian Consulate and tons of news updates from folks at home, it would have been easy to think nothing was amiss. There was literally 0% urgency where we were. While waiting several days for our return flight, there was nothing to be done except appreciate the time we had and we leaned into it - we had a lovely, lovely time. We came home relaxed and mentally and emotionally prepared for our self-isolation period and had the chance to have friends and family put everything we needed in place in advance.

We are devout Christians and while we were away we were flooded with a sense of peace and security. Come what may; we know we will be OK. We pray together morning and evening and throughout the day share impressions we're getting from various devotional materials. We are enjoying regular contact with our family and friends so we still have a sense of community and there are people we know that need moral support so we still feel useful that way. We also decided after the first day shut-in that we would NOT keep the news channel and talk radio going all day; it became overwhelming in a very short period of time. We watch the morning and evening news and leave it at that. Neither of us "do" FB, Twitter, Insta or any of that anyway. We also are eating well, napping occasionally and spending a little time every evening playing cards or a board game with DS (23) - something that hasn't happened since he was a 'tween. :goodvibes

All of these purposeful measures have been much needed; in the past 3 days DH has been informed he will be unpaid during our quarantine and going back to his job is precarious. I'm working from home and yesterday was given literally 10 minutes to decide which half of my 8 person staff I wanted to identify for lay-offs, :sad1: which will take place tomorrow morning. We've got car troubles and I broke my glasses - not that either thing is the end of the world but they have added stress.

We were away on vacation when things got really crazy - at dizzying speed. We were in Puerto Vallarta and if it hadn't been for constant e-mails from the Canadian Consulate and tons of news updates from folks at home, it would have been easy to think nothing was amiss. There was literally 0% urgency where we were. While waiting several days for our return flight, there was nothing to be done except appreciate the time we had and we leaned into it - we had a lovely, lovely time. We came home relaxed and mentally and emotionally prepared for our self-isolation period and had the chance to have friends and family put everything we needed in place in advance.

We are devout Christians and while we were away we were flooded with a sense of peace and security. Come what may; we know we will be OK. We pray together morning and evening and throughout the day share impressions we're getting from various devotional materials. We are enjoying regular contact with our family and friends so we still have a sense of community and there are people we know that need moral support so we still feel useful that way. We also decided after the first day shut-in that we would NOT keep the news channel and talk radio going all day; it became overwhelming in a very short period of time. We watch the morning and evening news and leave it at that. Neither of us "do" FB, Twitter, Insta or any of that anyway. We also are eating well, napping occasionally and spending a little time every evening playing cards or a board game with DS (23) - something that hasn't happened since he was a 'tween. :goodvibes

All of these purposeful measures have been much needed; in the past 3 days DH has been informed he will be unpaid during our quarantine and going back to his job is precarious. I'm working from home and yesterday was given literally 10 minutes to decide which half of my 8 person staff I wanted to identify for lay-offs, :sad1: which will take place tomorrow morning. We've got car troubles and I broke my glasses - not that either thing is the end of the world but they have added stress.
So agree with your outlook and choices to control what you can and to trust and obey -- "for there's no other way"... We are working hard to be consciously aware of our blessings, which are many right now, and to be deliberately and actively thankful. Just taking a moment to focus on being thankful for specific things really helps calm my mind and lower the stress. Also, looking for ways that we can help those around us, even in little ways. We would so rather be instruments of peace, not panic!

Its hard for sure, my 81 yr old Mom lives alone in a retirement community, we are all trying to stay away, to protect her.
I had to go yesterday because someone stole her identity and opened accounts totaling $1,500. While I was so happy to see her and her me, I shouldn't have had to risk her health at this time. She is so lonely, we lost my Dad last year, she is still trying to adapt to that. I've been sending her books and a couple CD's with music to help her pass the time.

The Company that these thieves got the money from only gave us 10 days to fill out the affidavit and return it. :sad1:

This is keeping my stress up. I wish I could just bring her home with me, but my husband is a police officer and still goes to work everyday, so it's unsafe here for her.
I went in her house full facemask and gloves.

I get my information from trusted sources (see here, not the major media outlets or the news programs). The truth calms me. But I also exercise and play with our pets, talk with family, chat with friends via social media, etc.

I have not allowed social distancing to become social isolation, and I have not allowed the virus or the economy to become my focus. My focus is as it always has been - the people who I love.

DH is an essential workers so he is working 12 hour days. I understand he has to work but it stresses me out since all my friends are spending their days watching Netflix and cooking with their husbands.
I have 3 older kids who spend their days in their rooms except to eat. I am alone most of the day and feel lonely.
I’m spending my time doing things I never have time for like deep cleaning and perfecting my skills as a cake decorator. Months ago I bought a dummy styrofoam cake base an never had time to practice on it so I’m finally getting to do that.
It’s hard not to be stressed.

Not great honestly...
I try to distract myself with my now online schooling and keep my workout schedule, but there is a lot of napping and snacking happening. I hope it warms up a little so I can at least get some VitD!

I watch anything funny on Youtube. If I stop laughing; it's all downhill for me.

Don't get me wrong tho......I definitely have my stressed moments. o_O

We have tried to have a different mindset now. What I mean by that is we know we can’t control things or how they are going to play out. But we can control our own actions and do our little bit to help by just staying home and trying to appreciate the fact that we are very lucky to have each other and to be able to get outside every day when others can’t or are on the front lines.

We try to keep busy every day and laugh as much as we can. Luckily my two daughters who are home spend the day giggling like they are little kids which makes it much easier to keep a positive outlook.

I also keep repeating the mantra...”this too shall pass”. And it will. We don’t know when and it may be a very different world when it does, but it will pass. I just try to have faith that things will work out in the end. They may not work out the way I want or would prefer them to, but they will work out. After all, nothing in life is permanent...including this stupid virus.

Not great honestly...
I try to distract myself with my now online schooling and keep my workout schedule, but there is a lot of napping and snacking happening. I hope it warms up a little so I can at least get some VitD!
Hang in there! Thinking of you and sending good wishes! Hopefully, the weather will warm up soon!

I too am a Christian and have drawn on my faith tremendously! I have lost my job and my husband may lose his as well if not a probable pay decrease. I don’t look at the news as much because I believe that watching the news and then praying for peace is like asking God to fill up a leaky bucket! I can only control what I do and think it’s counterproductive to get upset about other people and things I cannot control. I’m exercising a lot...which is great; I may come out of this even trimmer. I’m spending lots of time on self reflection. How can I be a better person when this is over? We got a puzzle and a couple of board games which has been lots of fun. I’ve really enjoyed having my college aged girls at home... especially one who was in Italy only a short time ago! I am counting my blessings , this too shall pass!

I've been feeling really anxious most mornings, but it gets better in the afternoons. Getting out and walking my dog helps. I haven't felt so much like crying in the past few days. I guess my post-Disney depression (without the actual trip - we were supposed to be arriving this past Saturday) has run its course.

Keeping busy with work and knocking things off of my 'Honey Do' list that's been around forever.

Plus, continuing to work out. Our local gym is closed (obviously), but the owner allowed his members to "rent" some equipment during the shutdown, so we were able to get enough stuff (dumbbells, kettle bells, TRX, etc.) to manage some decent workouts in the meantime, along with getting outside when it's nice enough to jog and walk.

Next week will be interesting, as it's my younger son's spring break week. His school work has been keeping him reasonably busy but I'm afraid he's going to be utterly bored without it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!