How and Why Does One Get "Tagged"?

Status
Not open for further replies.
idratherbeinwdw said:
I wonder how the lucky "winners" are chosen? Just a whim of the Tag Fairy? I will probably NEVER get tagged since I am posting this, but I have to say it doesn't seem very fair or very nice of the fairies to give some folks 2-3 tags and some none. I understand we all can't be Chosen People, but why bless someone multiple times and leave so many others out completely? It strikes me as "Tag Fairy Discrimination".

I know there are plenty of bigger things to whine about in life, and I am sure not losing any sleep over this, but I just had to vent.

Mar' (who shall more than likely remain forever tagless.) :sad1: :sad:
I'll tell you what worked for me...I just found someone who had a thread who was complainin' about the undemocratic tagging process, and I made an inane post. I didn't want to get tagged, just wanted to make an inane post. I agree that it seems unfair that certain people get 2-3 and other people with oh, say, almost 970 posts don't have any. But this is the 'Tinkerbell/Its all about me/Don't move all the way to the end of the row filling every available seat' world we live in. If it were me, and I got to 1000 posts without getting tagged, I'd demand a refund, and take all of my posts and go home. But since this place is free, and I do most of my DISing at home, I guess I'd just go on with my life pretty much the same as before...but my walk wouldn't have the same bounce.

bobbiwoz said:
I was surprised to read your post, and realize that you didn't have a tag. I think you were witty to give yourself a tag that says it all!

Bobbi :flower:
I thought the tag fairy put that there too after the OP! It fit the post perfectly, and I didn't know you could put stuff there yourself.

bobbiwoz said:
I was surprised to read your post, and realize that you didn't have a tag. I think you were witty to give yourself a tag that says it all!

Thanks Bobbi, how nice of you to say! :goodvibes

And too funny CarolMN--and there goes spiceycat's theory that the tag fairies only watch the community boards!
And thanks to Bexx for the link to brightening up my own tag, gonna go check that out now.

Mar'

Edited to say I put my request in for the font color to change. Thanks again, Bexx. I am so glad I started this thread, I never knew the rules changed and we can now request our own colors, woohoo!

<TABLE borderColor=#ffffff cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=2 width=95 bgColor=#ffffff borderColorLight=#000000 border=1><TBODY><TR><TD noWrap align=middle>End TF Discrimination!</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

I never knew the rules changed and we can now request our own colors, woohoo!

It is a good idea - much fairer. I'm sure the tags started out as fun way to surprise people. But now there are probably some people who feel left out because they haven't been tagged - maybe even feel they're not interesting or funny enough. If you can do your own now - who's going to know where it came from!!

I'll tell you what worked for me...I just found someone who had a thread who was complainin' about the undemocratic tagging process, and I made an inane post. I didn't want to get tagged, just wanted to make an inane post.

Duckfan-in-Chicago - It's very easy to delete your tag if you don't want it!!

CarolMN said:
Oh, dear! :o

Look at the trouble my big mouth just got me into! :duck: :duck: I knew I should watch the adjectives!!!

That fairy must have a very good "intelligence-gathering" network!!!! :teeth::teeth::teeth:

Best wishes -

That is TOOO funny!!! How cool to be a witness to a "drive by tagging"!!!

Congrats!!! :rotfl:

Beca

I hope you get one, and that it makes you smile.

One of my very favorite songs is George Strait's "I Only Want to Dance With You" and when I focus on my tag, my mind takes me dancing :love:

So, pixie dust for all!

Wasn't looking for one, never really paid attention to them, but if it will make people jealous...

An interesting reason to keep something you don't want...!! And I've just noticed the Tag Fairy can't spell! :teeth:

Beca said:
That is TOOO funny!!! How cool to be a witness to a "drive by tagging"!!!

Congrats!!! :rotfl:

Beca
Thanks - I was just so sure spiceycat knew what was up with the fairy people! (Do you think maybe she is a fairy people spy)? :confused3 ;)

So now I know to watch the adjectives everywhere. :teeth: Lesson learned! Mom always said I learned the hard way!! :rotfl:

Best wishes to all - even the fairy people :wave2: :wave2:

I didn't even know you could put your own tag under your name...sigh...still clueless after all these years... :confused3

Bexx said:
An interesting reason to keep something you don't want...!! And I've just noticed the Tag Fairy can't spell! :teeth:
I don't want a parking ticket. Junk mail, on the other hand I don't care about. But if my neighbors see me getting a lot of junk mail and think:

My grass is greener than his, but he has so much mail, it's not his fault!
or
He looks so strong and sexy carrying in all that junk mail!

Then it would serve a purpose. Prob. have the same views about tags.

Duckfan-in-Chicago said:
I don't want a parking ticket. Junk mail, on the other hand I don't care about. But if my neighbors see me getting a lot of junk mail and think:

My grass is greener than his, but he has so much mail, it's not his fault!
or
He looks so strong and sexy carrying in all that junk mail!

Then it would serve a purpose. Prob. have the same views about tags.

Now you're just babbling. Get a grip, man!

spiceycat said:
I don't think the tag fairy comes to this forum.

go try the community board - the big one.

I was really glad to see this wasn't entirely true. I tried that forum, and I don't think I'm made of strong enough stuff. I'll stay here, thanks very much.

And, Duckfan-in-Chicago, if you still have those points, I'd be interested...

CarolMN said:
Oh, dear! :o

Look at the trouble my big mouth just got me into! :duck: :duck: I knew I should watch the adjectives!!!

That fairy must have a very good "intelligence-gathering" network!!!! :teeth::teeth::teeth:

Best wishes -

So you have to insult the tag fairy to get a tag? :earseek:

Bexx said:

Umm.... Yes, it's clear that the Tag Fairy (or is that "Fary"?) can't spell.

But if, as Duckfan's tag suggests, s/he rents points, let's hope that s/he can at least *count*....

Otherwise, there may be some very real trouble over on the Rent/Trade board.... :rotfl2:

Alright, now that we know the Tag Fairy is looking to rent some cheap points, what resort do you think he/she wants to stay at and what's the conversion rate from Pixie Dust to dollars? Is it in big bags with a drawstring top or do they possibly melt it down into bars? And how many Tag Fairies do you think they will try to cram into a studio? I would really recommend getting something in writing... :teeth:

I am not a club member, but came over to read this thread.
I dont have any points to rent, but I do have a 45 flavour, 1.1 kg bag of Jelly Bellys that I would be willing to give up for a tag....(except the orange sherbet ones... :teeth: )

calypso*a*go-go said:
Alright, now that we know the Tag Fairy is looking to rent some cheap points, what resort do you think he/she wants to stay at and what's the conversion rate from Pixie Dust to dollars? Is it in big bags with a drawstring top or do they possibly melt it down into bars? And how many Tag Fairies do you think they will try to cram into a studio? I would really recommend getting something in writing... :teeth:
This is pure speculation on my part, but I would think Tag Fairies would prefer an Epcot DVC resort to be in the heart of the action. If one could assume a small stature, the alleged tight quarters at the BCVs wouldn't be a factor. And when you think Fairy, you think flight, so the long hallways the BWVs wouldn't be an issue either. Now since I was tagged by something that referred to itself in the plural as a tag faries and I've never heard that genus before, but since he/she also referred to him/herself as 'raggedy old fairy' maybe mine was just a typo, and the TGs would like to stay at the OKW because its quieter and more set in its ways.

Status
Not open for further replies.

facebook twitter