How about rental lockers for DVC members?

wisbucky

3 Years until we our Floridians permanently!!
Hubby and I were talking about how nice it would be if DVC had rental lockers for members who visit Disney several times during the year. Since we have to always haul the same items down every trip it would sure help to have a locker. For those who drive down to Disney you probably dont mind the haul of items so much as those of us that fly. What do you all think?

Although I think that would be a nice service, I definitely would not use it, so I would not want my dues to go up for it.

I've gone down to Florida 3 times in the past year (will be four next week), and there is nothing that I bring with me that I would want to leave down there. I bring clothes and other stuff, and buy just enough food to last the time I am there.

So, although others might use it, I would definitely vote "no" if it involved a dues increase or a potential dues increase.

I used to have the same thought about having permanent storage -- then we could just hop a flight without even a suitcase! I don't think it's practical for DVC to offer this now that there are so many members. If you were really serious, you could look into Orlando area storage facilities.

I recall this type of service being discussed here some time ago. IIRC, any price that would make the service viable would be more than most who post here would be willing to pay - at least that is how I recall the discussion ending. I think the concept was similarlr to that of WeGoShop - someone picks up, stores and delivers again when member returns.

LikewDisneyGirl, I am not in favor of DVC offering this service unless those who use it pay all of the costs associated with it. IMHO, if DVC doesn't subsidize it, the price would be more than most would be willing to pay - maybe more than it costs to haul the stuff back and forth or to just buy in Orlando and discard/give away when you leave. YMMV.
Best wishes -

I was thinking of lockers that would be half the length of a gym locker but wider. We really would like to bring down a crockpot and a few other misc kitchen items but they just dont work with flying, unless we haul several luggage bags. And I worry that the crockpot may not survive the flight. But this was just a thought DH and I had running through our heads. Too bad the HH wouldnt have crockpots and such that you could rent out. But on the other hand I could see this being a headache for them.

I was thinking there was a company that would store things for you and deliver them. The fees weren't really that much. Many smaller timeshares do this for their owners but I don't see any feasible way for DVC to do this with the number of members they have.

Just found this thread. Would you all seeing the future or what??
John

Look at the owner's locker thread or their email address ownerslocker.com

We tried it this past trip and it is amazing. Now it feels like we really are coming home. :cloud9: They have excellent service- always eager to please and very friendly to deal with. :thumbsup2 :thumbsup2 :thumbsup2

"Owner's Locker" is great. It isn't owned by Disney, but it's super-reliable. The two guys who own and run it are as conscientious as they can be. We love it!

We store all our Disney stuff in our locker (actually a bin that is "locked" with numbered cable ties). Before you go, you just go to the Owner's Locker website, fill in the information about when and where you will be staying, and the locker will be waiting at bell services when you arrive. The day you leave John or Brian will pick the locker up and return it to climate-controlled storage.

I was skeptical at first, but Owner's Locker quickly became an indispensible part of our vacations.

"Owner's Locker" is great. It isn't owned by Disney, but it's super-reliable. The two guys who own and run it are as conscientious as they can be. We love it!

We store all our Disney stuff in our locker (actually a bin that is "locked" with numbered cable ties). Before you go, you just go to the Owner's Locker website, fill in the information about when and where you will be staying, and the locker will be waiting at bell services when you arrive. The day you leave John or Brian will pick the locker up and return it to climate-controlled storage.

I was skeptical at first, but Owner's Locker quickly became an indispensible part of our vacations.

I second this. It is a wonderful way to leave things in Orlando. The owners are beyond accommodating and nice. They get back to emails immediately (during the day). Try it.

Deb

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter