housekeeping and tipping

amandaC

DIS Veteran
I just mailed in my papers for SSR and haven't stayed at a DVC resort yet. What do you normally leave for a tip for housekeeping? I have read so much about housekeeping and realized I would have no idea what to leave.
Thanks- I have really enjoyed reading everyone's posts!

You will hear many different opinions on tipping housekeeping. Some do not tip at all. Some tip very little because they only come every four days.

Some tip based on accommodation size...ie, more for a 1BR than for a studio.

We always leave a tip, but it does vary based on how many times they cleaned for us, and whether they did anything "above and beyond" for us.

There is no set rule...in fact, I don't even think that Disney lists them as a tipping position.

I agree with Granny (yep, he's a guy...and a good guy) :p, as opinions on this will indeed vary.
That being said, I generally trip $5 for trash & towel, and $20 for a full cleaning (2br).

Have fun!... :cool:

...www.tagrel.com...He's a DVC and provides the most awesome trip reports ever! (He just posted a thread for the SAB slideshow...if I knew how to do the link thing, I would...unfortunately, not that savvy:rolleyes: ) Anyway, on his website, he has CM Appreciation cards, and Mousekeeping cards that you can print onto an envelope, and use while you're there. Love to use those, rather than scrounging for the envelopes, and the pen, and scrawling Housekeeping on the outside:( Hope you can make use of them!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter