Hours update--how far out does it go?

Rach3975

DIS Veteran
I think I remember that the mid-month hours update often includes the first few days of the second month. In other words, the September update would include the first few days of November. Our trip is 11/2-11/5. I see that the hours changed for MK on 11/2, but nothing else seems to have changed for our days. Does that mean the hours are unlikely to change for Sunday, 11/3 or does that mean 11/3 won't be addressed until the October update? With MK now closing at 11 instead of 9 on our arrival day, we're debating if it's worth adding hoppers and changing days around to take advantage of it. It would be a bit of a pain since our FP day is done, but since we couldn't get FOP we could probably still get the same FPs if we switched our AK and MK evenings ASAP. We'd be less likely to make the change if we thought 11/3 would be a 10 pm closing (like it was last year), since the extra cost isn't really worth it if we're only gaining 1 extra hour in MK. Thanks!

This isn’t an observation you can totally bank on being the case all the time, but my opinion would be that the updates tend to end that first Saturday of the month after, so future updates to that Sunday are possible (but definitely not guaranteed, so don’t come hunt me down if it turns out I’m wrong!).

This isn’t an observation you can totally bank on being the case all the time, but my opinion would be that the updates tend to end that first Saturday of the month after, so future updates to that Sunday are possible (but definitely not guaranteed, so don’t come hunt me down if it turns out I’m wrong!).

Thanks! I know better than to assume Disney will extend hours just because they did it last year, but at least it looks like it's still a possibility. My optimistic side says that with the end of EEMH they'll want at least a slightly longer day to help spread out crowds, but my pessimistic side says that if they feel they over-invested in EEMH they're going to be averse to spending any more money on extended hours.

They now seem to have extended the MK hours for various nights before and after the night I was going to be there, but the one night I wanted extended hours -- Oct. 30 -- still is listed as closing at 9PM. :confused3

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter