Hotels within walking distance to US/IOA

WDW4ME

Mouseketeer
What hotels are in acutal walking distance to US/IOA or very close and run a shuttle?

Also, looking for one that runs a shuttle to Disney World, as well.

Anyone ever stay at the Wellesley Inn?

Thanks!!

Have a do da day!

Bonnie
'84 offsite
'90 CB
'94 DL
'99 CB
'00 May-AS Movies, Dec-AS Music
mic-min03a.gif

Any hotel in the Kirkman Rd/Major Blvd area is within walking distance (by my reckoning) although that can mean up to a 40 min walk.

The closest are Radisson Twin Towers, 351-1000, and the Holiday Inn, 351-3333. Both have shuttles.

The Delta Orlando Resort, 351-3340, is an older property but still very nice. It too has a shuttle.
Of the roughly 10 other hotels along Major Blvd, the only one with a shuttle is the new Sleep Inn, 363-1333.

Kelly Monaghan
Author of "Universal Studios Escape: The Ultimate Guide to the Ultimate Theme Park Adventure" and
"The Other Orlando: What To Do When You've Done Disney & Universal"‡

Thanks for your prompt reply, I really appreciate it!!

You are very kind!

Have a do da day!

Bonnie
'84 offsite
'90 CB
'94 DL
'99 CB
mic-min03a.gif

My wife and i just got home from a trip to wdw and universal.While we were there we stayed at HRH for 3 nights and Holiday inn universal for 4 nights.We fell in love with the HRH but for only $99 a night we had a 1 bedroom suite with a micro wave refridge and dishwasher.It was a very nice room and a nice hotel.

Love Mickey,

So you had the 1 bedroom suite at the Holiday Inn Universal?

How did you get back and forth to the park?

Thanks!

Have a do da day!

Bonnie
'84 offsite
'90 CB
'94 DL
'99 CB
'01 Radisson Twin Towers
mic-min03a.gif

We stayed at Wellesley Inn. Very nice king room, with fridge, microwave and data port, that was $49 per night in Sept '00. They had a free shuttle to IOA, Univ and SeaWorld.

:cool:

Daisimae
Proud Survivor of the Space Mountain Morning-Mini Marathon and Splash Mountain Rapid Rampage
'89-CBR
'90-CBR
'91-CBR
'92-PO
'94-PO
'00-PO/3-day Wonder
'01-PO
'02 - Magic 7 day/PO
2003-Family Reunion-Probably at Safari Logde

We too stayed at the Holiday Inn, but there was no way I was walking to the parks...you have to cross a huge major intersection and then walk quite a way to the parks. If they have a shuttle use it, if you have a rental car, use it! That is a hefty walk, and think about how tired you'll be at the end of the day...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter