Hotels walkable to Universal

bigrigsby71682

Mouseketeer
Could someone be able to give me a list of off-property hotels that are walkable (20-30 minutes) to Universal? I know the Holiday Inn and I think Doubletree are somewhat close. Thanks!!!!

This page has a section that discusses just your question. Middle of the page, "Walking to Universal Orlando".
Touringplans
Universal-Orlando
Transportation

Getting to Universal Orlando's Resorts and Theme Parks​

I agree with SCSabresfan though - Dock/Surfside are great resorts, quality with low prices.

If looking for a lower price range than the on-property offerings, have you looked into Dockside and Surfside? They are both reasonably priced and include a shuttle to/from the parks.
Agreed.
I can't imagine why someone would want to walk from offsite with low priced brand new resorts like this available.

Sometimes the Hilton closest to Universal is cheaper than dockside/surfside. I booked it for the first night of our trip over Spring Break because it was 80$ cheaper than any Universal hotel that was availabl. It is across the street from Portofino Bay.

Agreed.
I can't imagine why someone would want to walk from offsite with low priced brand new resorts like this available.
Several possibilities (or a combination thereof):

Lower rates (I’ve definitely stayed for less than Endless Summer)
Lack of availability (Endless Summer does sell out at peak times)
Free parking
Free breakfast
Branded hotel loyalty points (using points or accumulating them)
Age restriction (must be 21 for UO hotels)
Traveling with pets (Endless Summer is a pet-free resort)
Desire for particular amenities not provided by Endless Summer (room service, pool deeper than 3ft, etc.)

Sometimes the Hilton closest to Universal is cheaper than dockside/surfside. I booked it for the first night of our trip over Spring Break because it was 80$ cheaper than any Universal hotel that was availabl. It is across the street from Portofino Bay.
What is the name and address for this Hilton. ?
I tried to search…is it the DoubleTree ? Did they add on any fees?
I don’t think I would want to stay at a high rise but I have stayed at that Holiday Inn never again .

It is the Double Tree by Hilton closes to Universal and the address is 5780 Major Blvd. I have never stayed there. We usually stay on property but I saw it and the bridge you walk over Kirkmans the last time I stayed at Portofino. People have said positive things. I booked the rate with the parking included. It does not show a fee. I only need 1 night to bridge an on-site hotel stay so I selected it.
What is the name and address for this Hilton. ?
I tried to search…is it the DoubleTree ? Did they add on any fees?
I don’t think I would want to stay at a high rise but I have stayed at that Holiday Inn never again .

It is the Double Tree by Hilton closes to Universal and the address is 5780 Major Blvd. I have never stayed there. We usually stay on property but I saw it and the bridge you walk over Kirkmans the last time I stayed at Portofino. People have said positive things. I booked the rate with the parking included. It does not show a fee. I only need 1 night to bridge an on-site hotel stay so I selected it.
@DL1WDW2 I’ve also heard good things about Double Tree. Once, when most onsite hotels were booked and the ones that were left were rack rates only, we stayed at Hyatt House (I think that’s what it was called) for the weekend. It was near Double Tree and was an easy walk to the parks. I think it was 18-20 minutes to walk tops so Double Tree walk is probably 15 minutes. It included a hot breakfast which was nice. During that weekend it was even cheaper than Dockside and again, we had the bonus of an easy walk even though they offered a shuttle.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter