Hotel New York or Newport Bay Club

JinxRemoving

Earning My Ears
We just decided to book a trip to Paris this October and of course couldn't turn down the opportunity to hit DLP while we're there. Would love to get input on which hotel would be a better option, especially from anyone who's actually stayed at either. We would love to stay at the flagship, but unfortunately it won't be open this October so we've narrowed it down to Hotel NY or Newport Bay Club.

Trip will be myself and my husband and our 5 year old daughter and 2 year old son. We are DVC owners and have been to DL and WDW many times, and one trip to Tokyo. We like to stay Deluxe and the price difference between the two is insignificant to us. I think just strictly based on theme we would pick Newport (Yacht & Beach are some of our favorites at WDW) and the NY theme seems kind of hokey to me but it is the most newly renovated and we do love a brand new hotel room. We like Marvel but are not Marvel nuts and our kids are too young to really be wowed by that.

What would you do? We just spur of the moment decided to do this trip so I haven't really researched this much at all yet. What should I know about the two hotels? Any major pros/cons I should consider?

Thanks in advance!!

Following along to see what others recommend. We are going next May made reservations at Newport as we are not huge Marvel fans and I really like the look of Newport better. The NY theme doesn't seem "Disney" to me but to each their own and I know many are excited to book.

I have never stayed at the Marvel hotel before or after refurbishment because I could never justify the price. Now with the Marvel brand attached to it, and the Disneyland Hotel closed, it's even more expensive. What I've read and heard (I posted a link in another thread about the Marvel Hotel). Most of the art is in public areas and can be visited by all. Rooms are not decorated excessively as it's also the biggest conference center.
Best pro: Everything is new and fresh.

In all honesty, I have always had good experiences with New Port Bay, but it's also a hotel that causes complaints from US guests. You will find more threads on that here. And I think that has to do with expectations & price. On the US website, the prices are always higher than on European website (book on a European country website), and it is marketed as an almost Deluxe hotel. Which it's not, it's more Moderate than Deluxe in my opinion.

Additional info: I usually stay at Value hotels because I spent most time in the park and I am not high maintenance ;-) I only stay at New Port Bay during Run Weekends at Club Level because during that weekend I use the amenities a lot more.

Best advice I can give you is:
1. Think how much time you will spent at the park and how much time you will spent in your room. All the beds are the same.
2. Do you want to go back to the hotel room. There are buses, but I always walk. I can imagine that can be difficult with small children, so closer to park exit (Marvel Hotel) can be preferable, on the other side, it's only a few minutes further to get to New Port Bay.
3. Don't compare to WDW / DL too much. come in with low expectations.
DLP has hotels, not resorts. There are less amenties, there is less decoration, hotel rooms are smaller in comparison to the US (that's a general for EU), air conditioning is a huge difference.

We had Newport Bay booked for our October trip, but switched to Marvel when those reservations opened up. Mostly because as said below, it's brand new and we wanted to check it out - and also it's a tad bit closer to the parks. It was a hard choice though! I don't think you can go wrong either way, but we looooove Riviera at WDW and feel like this will have a similar feel in some ways.

I have never stayed at the Marvel hotel before or after refurbishment because I could never justify the price. Now with the Marvel brand attached to it, and the Disneyland Hotel closed, it's even more expensive. What I've read and heard (I posted a link in another thread about the Marvel Hotel). Most of the art is in public areas and can be visited by all. Rooms are not decorated excessively as it's also the biggest conference center.
Best pro: Everything is new and fresh.

In all honesty, I have always had good experiences with New Port Bay, but it's also a hotel that causes complaints from US guests. You will find more threads on that here. And I think that has to do with expectations & price. On the US website, the prices are always higher than on European website (book on a European country website), and it is marketed as an almost Deluxe hotel. Which it's not, it's more Moderate than Deluxe in my opinion.

Additional info: I usually stay at Value hotels because I spent most time in the park and I am not high maintenance ;-) I only stay at New Port Bay during Run Weekends at Club Level because during that weekend I use the amenities a lot more.

Best advice I can give you is:
1. Think how much time you will spent at the park and how much time you will spent in your room. All the beds are the same.
2. Do you want to go back to the hotel room. There are buses, but I always walk. I can imagine that can be difficult with small children, so closer to park exit (Marvel Hotel) can be preferable, on the other side, it's only a few minutes further to get to New Port Bay.
3. Don't compare to WDW / DL too much. come in with low expectations.
DLP has hotels, not resorts. There are less amenties, there is less decoration, hotel rooms are smaller in comparison to the US (that's a general for EU), air conditioning is a huge difference.

Since we do have young children that still take naps and go to bed early, we do end up spending a decent amount of time in our room. One of the main reasons we like DVC/deluxe at WDW is for the room size, it's so nice to just be able to spread out a bit more and not feel so cramped. I guess I should look up the size of the DLP rooms.

We're definitely going in with low/no expectations. One reason I'm kind of leaning towards Hotel NY now is that we just don't have anything like that at WDW. I think if we choose Newport Bay we'll just be comparing it to Yacht & Beach (which I know it won't live up to).

We had Newport Bay booked for our October trip, but switched to Marvel when those reservations opened up. Mostly because as said below, it's brand new and we wanted to check it out - and also it's a tad bit closer to the parks. It was a hard choice though! I don't think you can go wrong either way, but we looooove Riviera at WDW and feel like this will have a similar feel in some ways.
I think I might just pull the trigger and book Hotel NY too. The tad bit closer to the parks does make a difference when you've got a 2 year old :scared: and a brand new hotel is always a nicer stay IMO. We LOVE the Riv! The rooms are so pretty and new and the food is great, even at the QS. I wish it overlooked something more on theme, but we will definitely be staying there again in the future.

I just checked, if information correctly, standard rooms at the Marvel hotel are 33m2, which is about 333 square ft. That is about 50ft smaller than rooms at the Yacht Club in WDW.

We have stayed in both hotels very recently. In fact, when the NYH officially opened to guests, we've slept at the NPBC the night before, in Compass Club then in an Empire State room.

We're not Marvel fans by any means (we know nothing about super-heroes) but this didn't stop us from enjoying the NYH. To be honest, this is the flagship of all hotels in DLP. The experience of everything is just better. Rooms are refurbished (and nicely, the NBPC feels so aged in comparison), the food&beverage offer is so good (you have two bars and two restaurants, versus one bar and one buffet-only restaurant) and the hard product cannot be beat (everything is new and shiny), you're closer to the park, the hotel is not that huge (remember NPBC is the largest hotel in France by far and one of the largest in the world).

Of course NYH is more expensive though I would say you get every penny worth of it.

We stayed at Newport Bay for our trip. I just loved everything about it. The hotel was cozy and spotless. Such a short, beautiful walk along the lake. We had a park view and the ability to actually open the windows in the room for a breeze at night was so relaxing.

Not sure the state of it right now but we had club level and the private breakfast area was worth the cost alone.

I remember the beds being oh so comfortable. The room was small but compared to the closet size room we had just come from in Paris it seemed luxurious. Lol

We stayed at Newport Bay for our trip. I just loved everything about it. The hotel was cozy and spotless. Such a short, beautiful walk along the lake. We had a park view and the ability to actually open the windows in the room for a breeze at night was so relaxing.

Not sure the state of it right now but we had club level and the private breakfast area was worth the cost alone.

I remember the beds being oh so comfortable. The room was small but compared to the closet size room we had just come from in Paris it seemed luxurious. Lol

I totally agree with your review on the NPBC. Hotel New York has it all, plus more. Rooms have (obviously) been recently refurbished, it has better bars/restaurants, club level service is better (for exemple ESC has eggs benedicts), hotel is actually closer to the parks, “parking lot view” means “Space Mountain + Sleeping Beauty Castle view”, etc…

This is very helpful, I have the same decision to make for my June 2022 trip. I'm also thinking about club level versus standard at each. Are they still doing some sort of fast pass benefit for club level at each hotel?

This is very helpful, I have the same decision to make for my June 2022 trip. I'm also thinking about club level versus standard at each. Are they still doing some sort of fast pass benefit for club level at each hotel?
It is not confirmed by Disney, but Pixiedust.be reported a while ago that the hotel fp are discontinued.
It was at the time the Premier Access passes were announced. They are usually reliable in their reporting.

We just decided to book a trip to Paris this October and of course couldn't turn down the opportunity to hit DLP while we're there. Would love to get input on which hotel would be a better option, especially from anyone who's actually stayed at either. We would love to stay at the flagship, but unfortunately it won't be open this October so we've narrowed it down to Hotel NY or Newport Bay Club.

Trip will be myself and my husband and our 5 year old daughter and 2 year old son. We are DVC owners and have been to DL and WDW many times, and one trip to Tokyo. We like to stay Deluxe and the price difference between the two is insignificant to us. I think just strictly based on theme we would pick Newport (Yacht & Beach are some of our favorites at WDW) and the NY theme seems kind of hokey to me but it is the most newly renovated and we do love a brand new hotel room. We like Marvel but are not Marvel nuts and our kids are too young to really be wowed by that.

What would you do? We just spur of the moment decided to do this trip so I haven't really researched this much at all yet. What should I know about the two hotels? Any major pros/cons I should consider?

Thanks in advance!!
Following as we booked Newport resort next June!! Hopefully this COVID stuff is a little more back burner in 10 months.

we stayed at sequoia lodge in 2019. Not to far from parks. Hope ac works better in Newport. Also the train station is really good at dropping us off in Paris for our own little tour!

As price doesn't matter, I would go for New York. Much shorter walk with little ones, bigger rooms and smaller resort. Also new refurbishment will make a big difference!

Is club level available at Hotel New York? I mean, I see it on the website that I can book it but wondering if food/drinks are still offered!

Is club level available at Hotel New York? I mean, I see it on the website that I can book it but wondering if food/drinks are still offered!

Yes to both questions. I'm not sure what is happening right now, but certainly a few months back the service had been modified to be table service instead of buffet. That is to say you order from a menu and its brought over to you (and there is no limit on what you can order, or how much, just as if it were the original buffet). So it will either still be table service, or back to buffet (in fact, I'm not even sure if it was a buffet in New York post-refurb?).

I just stayed at the New York Hotel at the end of September. I wasn't there previous, so I can't compare it, but it is a beautiful hotel. The buffet restaurant is still table service off a menu, but you can order as much as you want. I made a video of my stay, including a room tour if you are interested.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter