Hotel New York or Newport Bay Club

Following up on this thread in hopes that OP made their October trip and has some insight! We, too, are DVC and live 1 hr from WDW and actually just returned from CA and stayed at DGC and love that as well. Had a trip booked to in 2020 to DLP with Disneyland Hotel and moving to this summer 2022 and very confused what hotel to pick. Kids are 13 & 11, big Disney fans. Think Marvel is neat but not super into them. Definitely need 2 beds (not pull out) so actually the non-suite rooms at NY to be better option than suite since suites seem to have only pull out options. Considering Pres Suite at Newport simply bc 2 king beds and rest of our European trip will be in smaller places (of course) so thinking we may want the 2 kings! See Sequoia includes breakfast in one rate - is this in their hotel restaurant or a suite? I know it is further away too. ANY further insight on this topic is greatly appreciated.

Following up on this thread in hopes that OP made their October trip and has some insight! We, too, are DVC and live 1 hr from WDW and actually just returned from CA and stayed at DGC and love that as well. Had a trip booked to in 2020 to DLP with Disneyland Hotel and moving to this summer 2022 and very confused what hotel to pick. Kids are 13 & 11, big Disney fans. Think Marvel is neat but not super into them. Definitely need 2 beds (not pull out) so actually the non-suite rooms at NY to be better option than suite since suites seem to have only pull out options. Considering Pres Suite at Newport simply bc 2 king beds and rest of our European trip will be in smaller places (of course) so thinking we may want the 2 kings! See Sequoia includes breakfast in one rate - is this in their hotel restaurant or a suite? I know it is further away too. ANY further insight on this topic is greatly appreciated.

Well, Sequoia and Newport are similar in distance to the parks, unless you end up in the far end of the Sequoia, then Newport is closer. If I had to pick one, I would go with the New York hotel, considering the Disneyland Hotel is closed. I haven't stayed at the New York, mainly becuase I find it way too expensive in comparison to the rest, but I have been to the bar, to have dinner and to just stroll and see how it is, and it is a pretty good hotel. All breakfast included, as far as I know, is in the restaurant of the hotel. If you have suites, sometimes it is in a different restaurant, but it is still in a restaurant.

The New York Hotel is not as "Marvel" as you would think, I mean, yes it has statues and paintings, and pictures, yet the hotel itself is themed after New York, being a modern-type city-like hotel. I like the theming much more than the Newport, that (in my oppinion) is a little bit old and is less taken care of (at least those are my impressions from my visit this past august). Sequoia I haven't been, I'm going this Christmas season but it is under refurbishment so I don't know what I'll find. Heheh.

Well, Sequoia and Newport are similar in distance to the parks, unless you end up in the far end of the Sequoia, then Newport is closer. If I had to pick one, I would go with the New York hotel, considering the Disneyland Hotel is closed. I haven't stayed at the New York, mainly becuase I find it way too expensive in comparison to the rest, but I have been to the bar, to have dinner and to just stroll and see how it is, and it is a pretty good hotel. All breakfast included, as far as I know, is in the restaurant of the hotel. If you have suites, sometimes it is in a different restaurant, but it is still in a restaurant.

The New York Hotel is not as "Marvel" as you would think, I mean, yes it has statues and paintings, and pictures, yet the hotel itself is themed after New York, being a modern-type city-like hotel. I like the theming much more than the Newport, that (in my oppinion) is a little bit old and is less taken care of (at least those are my impressions from my visit this past august). Sequoia I haven't been, I'm going this Christmas season but it is under refurbishment so I don't know what I'll find. Heheh.
Thank you for the insight! Right now NY does not include breakfast unless in the suites (for summer 22 at least). One issue I have is NY options are all double beds or pull outs. Newport does have the two king bed option. Getting 2 rooms at NY is the same as getting the one suite at Newport w 2 kings. Of course, NY is updated. Decisions, decisions!!

Thank you for the insight! Right now NY does not include breakfast unless in the suites (for summer 22 at least). One issue I have is NY options are all double beds or pull outs. Newport does have the two king bed option. Getting 2 rooms at NY is the same as getting the one suite at Newport w 2 kings. Of course, NY is updated. Decisions, decisions!!
Keep in mind, sizes in the US are not the same in Europe. What we call a king or queen size, is different in the US. According to Google:
European King size = 160 x 200cm, Grand king 180 x 200 cm.
American Californian king size = 183 x 213 cm, King = 193 x 203cm.
(1 cm = 0.4 inch)
I did stay in regular and in concierge in New Port Bay, I didn't notice a different size in the beds.

For the pullout options, I once slept on the pullout in Cheyenne and was very comfortable.

Reactions: ngl

Keep in mind, sizes in the US are not the same in Europe. What we call a king or queen size, is different in the US. According to Google:
European King size = 160 x 200cm, Grand king 180 x 200 cm.
American Californian king size = 183 x 213 cm, King = 193 x 203cm.
(1 cm = 0.4 inch)
I did stay in regular and in concierge in New Port Bay, I didn't notice a different size in the beds.

For the pullout options, I once slept on the pullout in Cheyenne and was very comfortable.

On that note, I stayed on a standard room in the New Port this past august, I don't know what size the bed was, but it was definetly big enough. Lol. At least bigger than the usual Paris hotel. Heheh.

I just stayed at the New York Hotel at the end of September. I wasn't there previous, so I can't compare it, but it is a beautiful hotel. The buffet restaurant is still table service off a menu, but you can order as much as you want. I made a video of my stay, including a room tour if you are interested.

Great video, gives a good feel for the hotel!

If you want new, go to Hotel New York. Newport Bay Club is a great hotel, but honestly, I don't find it as inviting as Beach Club. (I don't love the Yacht Club, but that's just a me thing, I find its a bit "stuffier."

Honestly, I like Sequoia Lodge more than Newport Bay Club. The main building is a delight, and I could live in the bar sitting next to the fireplace.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter