Hotel help - under $150/night

Yes I did have desert inn on my list! I’ll have to check their prices again for my dates :)
The sooner the better with Desert Inn. Their prices climb significantly! A few years ago, when prices were shockingly low, BFF and I booked for $80/night, and a good friend booked a week later--and nearly $20 more per night.

The sooner the better with Desert Inn. Their prices climb significantly! A few years ago, when prices were shockingly low, BFF and I booked for $80/night, and a good friend booked a week later--and nearly $20 more per night.

I’m assuming the desert inn will not charge the parking fee if we don’t have a car? That’s $91 I don’t want to lose!

I did some searching last night and found some good rates for best western stovalls and best western pavilions on Expedia ($135ish). Would these be good choices? I know the walk to the parks might be a bit longer, but then we could cut through the hotel to make it a bit shorter at the end of the night right?
BW Stovall's gets good reviews here. For anyone thinking of hotels in that area: be aware that since the security changes in 2017, you can no longer cut through the front of the GCH unless you are a guest there with a valid room key or you have a TS reservation there with a confirmation number. (However, as referenced above, all guests can cut through the GCH to exit to Disneyland Dr.) All other guests entering from Disneyland Dr. must go through security/bag check at DTD (by the DLH, between EOS and ESPN Zone) on the west end to get to the parks. That security/bag check usually is not crowded and moves quickly.

Last edited:
I stay at Motel 6 Maingate, I have booked for June 2019 at average rate of $107.99. I use the ART bus shuttle to and from the parks. Motel 6 is the first pick up and first drop off on the Clementine ART line , so its about 7 to 10 minutes travel time, depending on traffic and the traffic lights.

Thanks so much for all the help! I’ve booked BW Stovall’s and the Desert Inn. Desert Inn is cheaper by $140 (over 7 nights). It will probably win out due to that and it’s location. Plus, now my budget needs about $100 more for tickets due to the increase :( The Kings Inn was intriguing me, they have really good non refundable rates for stays over 3 days! (25% off). But I’m not comfortable booking a non refundable rate at this point, and their standard rate worked out to be slightly more than Desert Inn, so it’s out for now, but I may keep an eye on it!

Thanks so much for all the help! I’ve booked BW Stovall’s and the Desert Inn. Desert Inn is cheaper by $140 (over 7 nights). It will probably win out due to that and it’s location. Plus, now my budget needs about $100 more for tickets due to the increase :( The Kings Inn was intriguing me, they have really good non refundable rates for stays over 3 days! (25% off). But I’m not comfortable booking a non refundable rate at this point, and their standard rate worked out to be slightly more than Desert Inn, so it’s out for now, but I may keep an eye on it!
I stayed at Stovall's last January, and it was fine. Longer walk, but well-lit and all Disney property until you cross the street. My room was clean but a bit dark. I'm not a fan of their pool area at dark--it felt like a long, dark walk (in my bathing suit and a towel). I was at the far end of the property, though, and up front, so it was about as far away as one could get from the pool!

I'm staying at Desert Inn next month, on a "re-do" stay from a bad stay 5 years ago. Fingers crossed that it's better visit!

Check Tripadvisor then call the hotel direct. Desert Inn is close,Alpine Inn is around the corner. Have fun.

You might want to look at GetAwayToday for tickets, they are still selling at their 2018 prices up until Jan 15th. Undercover tourist still has discounted tickets up until the 9th. I haven't checked other brokers like LMTClub but I would bet you can still find some 2018 discounts available, at least for a few more days.

I would go with Desert Inn over Kings Inn anyway, you are closer and while Kings Inn isn't terrible I didn't think it was all that great, unless you can get a really steep discount (we stayed there once when they had a deal going and with our Orbucks it was around $50/night).

I made a mistake and am stuck with days inn, but i suggest desert inn and best westren park place inn, they are both very close and when i made plans years ago it was under 100 a night

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter