Hotel close to MCO

ToyStory3

DIS Veteran
Hi - which hotels are good that are very close to MCO? We are booking Disney transportation from the airport to the port, but flying in the night before. So, we want to be very close to the airport and spend as little as possible since we will only be there a matter of hours. Thanks!

Hampton Inn Gateway is very close and has airport shuttle and free breakfast.

We always stay at the Hyatt inside the terminal. If the price is higher than 229$, call Disney and book through them. They always quote the same price. They pick up the luggage in the room and send it directly to the ship. The restaurant called McCoy’s is very good, like their breakfast. Nothing beats the convenience.

We've also stayed at the Hampton Inn Gateway. There's also a Hampton Inn Orlando Airport that is about 5 mins from the Gateway one. We've stayed at each and thought both were clean and had friendly staff. Standard breakfast buffet at each, hot and cold selections. There are several restaurants within a few mins of walking from each. Bonefish Grill right across from the Gateway and a really good barbeque by the other. Sounds like you won't be eating dinner that night, but thought I'd mention these for others reading.

We have stayed at the Country Inn and Suites Airport. Decent hotel, they’ll pick you up at the airport and take you back in the morning and includes breakfast.
We have also stYyat the Hyatt in the airport. If booking far ahead you can geys decent pry. I have a room currently booked with AAA for $134.10 plus tax

Another vote for the Hyatt. Call DCL to get the Disney price if you can't find cheaper, its' around $230. Lots of food options in the food court too. The convenience factor makes it worth it. get your bags, walk upstairs to your room. They pick up your bags the next morning and you walk down to the bus.

If you are trying to spend as little as possible you might want to look off of the 528 to La Quinta or Clarion. DO your research and check google reviews and tripadvisor and even a search on the DIS to see if these have come up recently. The choice of hotels is huge for the area and if you are only there for a few hours and do not want to stay at the Hyatt these may be an option for you. Having said this our last trip we had snagged a good price on hotwire hoping it was the Hyatt again but it was Embassy Suites across the road. Still have a shuttle and a pretty big breakfast and we had a great deal on it.

Another vote for the Hyatt inside the airport. Makes everything so easy. I booked through Southwest airlines hotel site @ $159 per night +tax.

We’ve stayed at both the Embassy Suites and Homewood Suites. Both are very reasonably priced, have free shuttles to and from the airport, and are within walking distance of restaurants for dinner. I’m also very picky about the cleanliness of hotels, and have been pleased with both.

You can't beat the Hyatt for convenience. Off the plane, pick up bags, elevator straight up. While there are cheaper hotels off site, arriving in the evening, it doesn't get much easier.

We are staying in the Hyatt for our upcoming cruise in November, but booked at the Renaissance by Marriott for our May 2020 cruise. They Hyatt was around the $220 everyone's quoted, but the Renaissance was only $120 for the night we need. We're taking an uber to the port from there, which is around $70 for the four of us.

Another vote for the Hyatt inside the airport. Makes everything so easy. I booked through Southwest airlines hotel site @ $159 per night +tax.
That is a big one for the OP. They asked for a good hotel close to MCO because they will only be there a few hours and this is a good suggestion to check a bundled hotel with the flight. If you can get the Hyatt for $159 I'd jump on that over being able to save 50 bucks or so by going down the road.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter