Hotel Cheyenne FAQ and Information Thread

Bexx

DIS Veteran
<><> Hotel Cheyenne <><>

<> 2 Stars <> Value <>

Designed by Robert Stern (who also designed the Newport Bay Club) The Hotel Cheyenne is probably the most themed hotel that Disney have ever built - the whole setting is a cowboy town!

You arrive and check in at Reception in the main building, where you will also find the hotel restaurant, bar, shop and information desk.

The guestrooms are in 14 surrounding two-storey buildings, distinguished by names like Wyatt Earp and Calamity Jane.

Bedrooms

The 1000 rooms are a reasonable size and can sleep up to four in one double bed and bunk beds. Theming includes a cowboy boot lamp and a stetson and lassoo moulded mirror frame.

The bathrooms are also reasonable size, with a surprisingly good amount of counter space. Though one thing to consider is that the washbasin is in the bathroom, rather than outside it as in the rooms at Sequoia Lodge and the Newport Bay Club

Television with international channels
Telephone
Ceiling fan
Kettles may already be provided in the room, otherwise they can be obtained from the Information desk in the main building (a refundable deposit may be required) Coffee and tea baskets can also be bought here for about 5 euros

Restaurant and Bar

The Chuck Wagon Cafe is a western themed buffet restaurant serving breakfast, lunch and dinner. Here is some general information about the Chuck Wagon and a menu.

The Red Garter Saloon is open from 3 pm to 1 am. Here is some general information and a drinks menu. Live music is sometimes played in the evening.

Activities

The Little Sheriffs children's corner is situated in the lobby. Amusements include colouring stuff and a television showing the Disney Channel, plus various activities on certain days. There is also the outdoor Fort Apache play area and the Nevada Games Arcade (extra charge)

In the summer, pony rides take place between 8 am and midday, weather permitting (extra charge)

Shopping

The General Store stocks Disney and cowboy souvenirs as well as small selection of baby products, toiletries, soft drinks and snacks. Opening times are 8 am - 11 pm

Other Amenities

Laundrette
Currency Exchange
Safe for valuables, at Reception

The Good Morning Fantasyland Breakfast is available to guests staying at this hotel.

Shuttle Bus

The walk to the parks is 15-20 minutes and a free shuttle bus also runs between the hotel and the station

Arrival/Departure procedures

As with all the hotels at Disneyland Paris rooms are ready at 3pm on the day of arrival, but if you arrive earlier than this time you can drop off your luggage at the baggage desk and collect your park passes for entry in to the park.

You will be given the Disney Hotel Easy-Pass when you check in, which gives you free access to the Disney car park and to the Hurricanes discotheque in the Disney Village. By leaving credit card details at reception, this card may also be used as a charge card in most DLP shops and restaurants.

On the day of departure your room should be vacated by 11am. Again you can store your luggage at the baggage desk and enjoy the parks until your journey home.

Please bear in mind that my knowledge of the Hotel Cheyenne is based on a two night stay there!! If anything is wrong, out of date or missing, please let me know and I'll update it. :)

Many thanks for the excellent review we are staying there in July so very helpful:yay:

Do the rooms have hairdryers?

Also, can you get the character wake up calls?

Rooms don't have hairdryers and Goofy wakes you up if you order a wake up call, which is done on the phone without having to speak to anyone.

The Cheyenne is an awesome place to stay - so much character. If you like live music then go to the Red Garter Saloon and watch The Thrifts play - they play requests and do some amazing country versions of Disney Songs like 'Can You Feel The Love Tonight' from The Lion King.

Rooms don't have hairdryers and Goofy wakes you up if you order a wake up call, which is done on the phone without having to speak to anyone.

The Cheyenne is an awesome place to stay - so much character. If you like live music then go to the Red Garter Saloon and watch The Thrifts play - they play requests and do some amazing country versions of Disney Songs like 'Can You Feel The Love Tonight' from The Lion King.

Sounds great. Thanks for the tip regarding hairdryers (makes note to buy mains plug) :yay:

Thanks for the tip. We're off in 2 weeks and will be our firs stay in Cheyenne.

Can't wait!!!:yay:

Ema

really great value and a brilliantly themed hotel - wins hands down over the Santa Fe for value for money.

The Thrifts are amazing, they do a fantastic version of the dualing banjos from Deliverance!

Can children go into the Red Garter Saloon?

Only wondered because when we're there the park closes at 7 :)

oh yes i have seen lots of children in here, and i believe they do non-alcoholic cocktails for kids too :)

I'm trying to work out what route we'd take to walk to the parks from the Cheyenne.
When we stayed at SL I noticed a path over the bridge kindof in the corner between the Hotel NY and SL am I right in thinking that would lead you to the Cheyenne and if so do you have to cross the road the buses use and is there a crossing I haven't noticed ?
Thanks in advance.

yes that right it goes under the bridge along the river, it a short walk not far at all and it leads to santa fe too

Thankyou,
I prefer to walk than jostle for the shuttle buses, so it's nice to know the option's there. :)

You don't have to cross any roads, bus routes etc either - from the Village, walk past the NY hotel, and keep walking. The river route takes you straight to the Cheyenne.

Elaine

Yes when we go we may use the bus on new years eve as we will prob have very tired feet but the rest of the time we'll walk as it is a pleasent walk and you can watch the disney world go by as you make your way to the parks.

Hi! We just booked for 4 nights in November and this faq is making me even more excited if that's possible :yay: !! Brilliant 360 degree photos, the place looks even better than I imagined. I have a question though which I think I already know the answer too but is there western themed music playing on the grounds at all times, like the Disney resorts in WDW? When we stay at the Pop Century the music really makes the place!

Thanks!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter