Horseback riding discounts

MickeyMouseCD524

DIS Veteran
I know a few people here have mentioned that they or their kids horseback ride. Are there any good websites that offer discounts on gear or tack? It gets so expensive so fast. We use tack of the day but you need to wait until Noon every day to see what they have.

I've found I've gotten my best deals at local tack shops in their consignment sections. I've bought a lot of "used" tack/gear that looks new. I also like Smart Pak. They run some good specials.

I've found I've gotten my best deals at local tack shops in their consignment sections. I've bought a lot of "used" tack/gear that looks new. I also like Smart Pak. They run some good specials.

We only have one tack shop where I am, and their stock is limited. So most of it has to be purchased online for us. I was trying to use Dover but their customer service was terrible. I'll look into Smart Pak!

We only have one tack shop where I am, and their stock is limited. So most of it has to be purchased online for us. I was trying to use Dover but their customer service was terrible. I'll look into Smart Pak!

I only buy from Dover if I'm physically going to their store. Even then customer service is hit or miss. I tend to only go once a year when they have their big tent sale, but even that hasn't been great over the last few years.

I like Dover if you know what you want. For example, I love their Riding Sport breeches and just got them BOGO which they do at least once or twice a year. But returns and exchanges are a hassle. Also check out Smart Pak or State Line Tack. Actually even Amazon carries some clothing items. I got a great pair of riding tights for summer for $25 and they’ve held up great so far.

For tack, you might want to try local tack or consignment shops. Or FB Marketplace, horse specific groups on social media.

I like Dover if you know what you want. For example, I love their Riding Sport breeches and just got them BOGO which they do at least once or twice a year. But returns and exchanges are a hassle. Also check out Smart Pak or State Line Tack. Actually even Amazon carries some clothing items. I got a great pair of riding tights for summer for $25 and they’ve held up great so far.

For tack, you might want to try local tack or consignment shops. Or FB Marketplace, horse specific groups on social media.

Oh I saw that sale! I was also going to get some breeches but instead went for the Tack of the Day deal that day because they had a great price on tall boots. I’ll definitely look at Smart Pak and State Line!

I did notice some beeches and riding tights on Amazon but I’ve gotten so many fake/counterfeit products from Amazon I’m nervous to buy anything over $25 from them.

The one tack shop we have is very limited in their stock. But I have found some good deals on ebay for saddles and such. Just need to find the right brand and size.

We buy on consignment too. Dover has a great deal a couple of times a year where you spend a certain amount (it might be $200 but I can't remember) and you get a $100 gift card to use on a future purchase. If you "like" them on Facebook you'll know when the deal is offered.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts