Horrible Experience at Coral Reef

This was similiar to our experience. It took us forever to get seated, get drinks, food, pay, etc. Our server was nice, but rarely around.

The food wasn't great, and the restrooms and lobby were filthy.

We won't be going back.

Just got back from nine days of the dining plan and I completely agree with the OP. Our server talked for such a long amount of time and the food was mediocre at best. I was disappointed they took the short rib off the menu and replaced it with pork. I had the chicken and it had way too much pepper. I was looking forward to it, but we won't be back. Our son couldn't stand the smell either. Most of our other meals were great though.

That was exactly our experience. The service was awful and our food was cold. I won't ever go back.

This used to be a favorite restaurant of ours and we would go every trip but over the last 10 years I have watched the menu change and the service decline. After 2 bad experiences I had to just move on there are so many restaurants in WDW.

Lisa

Same thing with us. The food was so cold but we couldn't find anyone to let them know. The lobster bisque that I used to love was salty and close to inedible and the caesar salad was inedible. it used to be our favorite but no more...:confused3

We ate there in 2007. We waited about 40 min after our adr time. It was our Anniversay and my parents so we had the diver sign and the personal menus they did not do, it took till the day before we were leaving Disney to get them. Our waiter was very slow, he also keep messing up when he took our cards and keep coming back to ask questions about which cards were for who, we had 2 rooms. Not that hard but he really seemed to make it that way maybe he was new. The food was ok, I agree with the cake thought it was going to be great and it really was not and no ice cream with it. We went on the Dp and now with no app I just dont think there portions are that big to fill us. I asked everyone about going there this time and got a big no from all. I thought the place itself was nice though.

I was there about a week before OP, and didn't have the service issue. In fact, we had one of our best meals there, and a spectacular waitress. Of course, the one thing that we noticed was that the earlier we made our ressie in the day (Coral was for 4:30), the better the service was.

I've been to the World four times and eaten at Coral Reef on all four trips. My experiences couldn't be further from the OP's, but I think I look for different things in a restaurant. On our first visit to Coral Reef we did wait for what felt like ages to be seated, but the staff were very attentive once we got inside. On our last visit, we specifically told the staff that we'd like to take our time, which was a relief to them because there was a very disruptive and needy family of four at the table next to us (both kids were having huge meltdowns — the son was screaming for the entire 90 minutes we were there and the daughter actually spat in her father's food at one point). Nevertheless, both our server and the one manning the adjacent section made sure that our drinks were filled and our needs otherwise met. When we finished dessert, we didn't have to wait long for the check or for our credit card to be returned to the table.

I don't like a hovering server and I hate feeling rushed. I have never had any complaints about the Coral Reef staff. They're friendly, knowledgeable, able to make great recommendations and inform guests about any menu questions they may have. That's all I really need from any wait staff. Combining that with the totally unique atmosphere and cuisine that has never disappointed, I'd say that the Coral Reef is one of my favorite restaurants in the World.

Another vote for poor service at CR. The food was really good, but the frustration over the service made it not worth it. If we do eat there again (because the kids like the atmosphere) it will just be for desserts.

We went in Sept of last year and had a wait which is to be expected at any sitdown resturant at Disney as it is not as specified time as much as a next table for your size. We always try to arrive 15 min early like requested. Our waiter was fantastic and the food was great. I did not notice and exceptional long wait between courses. We did get refills on our drinks as needed. Now there is a delay checking out as I was watching and saw 3 tables trying to leave at the same time. So we knew not to get in to much of a hurry as he had to deal with 3 parties tabs at the same time. :goodvibes

Second, I know it is disappointing to not have your husbands b-day celebrated by the restaurant, especially when you see that someone else is being made a big deal of, but it is not something they guarantee doing. It is supposed to be an extra bit of magic, and if they did it for eveyone it would not be as magical or special.

Sorry for your less than stellar experience at the Coral Reef.

I would have been happy if he'd said "Happy birthday" to my husband, rather than shrugging it off once he was corrected that it wasn't our DD15's birthday. He literally went "Is it your birthday?" and she said "No, it's his" and the waiter went back to handing out menus.

I would have been happy if he'd said "Happy birthday" to my husband, rather than shrugging it off once he was corrected that it wasn't our DD15's birthday. He literally went "Is it your birthday?" and she said "No, it's his" and the waiter went back to handing out menus.

Hi! Personally, how you were treated by the wait staff and manager is unacceptable. I would have complained to guest services. May I suggest on your next visit Boma (the best buffet at WDW in my opinon). Always good food, and good services. Sorry about your experience what a downer.

Brunette

Your description of your Coral Reek experience could have been us at Sanaa last fall. The food was fine but 3 hours for dinner with 2 small kids was not good.

I have ate there twice. The first time the service was very slow (not as bad as yours), but my December trip was much better. I'd eat there again, but with the reviews it would be a tough decision. Honestly, there are so many good Epcot restaurants you have a ton of choices.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter