Hoop Dee Doo or CRT again with first-timer?

PrincessJasmine08

<font color=magenta>That is insane! I had no idea
I am planning a trip this December for myself (I'm 20), my sisters (15 and 22), and our cousin (15). My cousin has never been to Disney. We are going to do one big meal and I am trying to decide between the Hoop Dee Doo and Cinderella's Royal Table dinner. We would do category 3 seating for the Hoop and the prices for the 2 dinners would be about the same so that's really not a factor. Is the Hoop Dee Doo really appropriate for teens/young adults, or is it more for kids?

My sisters and I have all been to CRT-for lunch, but my cousin of course hasn't. CRT was great, but it was kind of a been there done that kind of a thing for me. It was amazing to eat in the castle, but now I've done it so I want to try Hoop Dee Doo. However, I want my cousin to get to see all the cool stuff in Disney so I feel she should get to try CRT. Which would you pick and why?

Also, is the Disney Dining Experience card accepted at the Hoop Dee Doo?

Thanks!

I forgot to add: does anyone know if there are vegetarian options at Hoop Dee Doo. I am a vegetarian so this is an important factor!

Oh my goodness, I am already on page 2 with no replies! Bump! Does anyone have any suggestions at all?

I'd go HDDR. It entertains me, and I'm OLD, according to my teenagers.

I don't know about vegetarian...

Well, this is hard, but I'm assuming your cousin is a girl right???

The Hoop de Doo is lots of fun, it's kind of a country slap stick comedy thing with a melodrama and singing.

Although, I think YOU would like to do this, you also mention that "eating at the castle was awesome". It depends if your goal is to try something new, or give your cousin the experience of eating in the castle.

I guess I would opt to eat at the castle for your cousin. You'll all still enjoy it I think, and even though you've "been there done that", it's always awesome seeing it for the first time through someone elses eyes. All of a sudden it's new to you too again. I guess I would figure I'd do the Hoop de Doo next time.

Alright, I have one vote for HDDR, one for CRT, I am torn!

I haven't heard any good reviews from dinner at the castle lately, that can't be a good sign...

Okay, I'll try to give an opinion. This is a tough one tho since you and your sisters have both been to CRT but cousin has not. Price is about the same or 2 TS credits if you're on DP. Both are unique and entertaining. Food is good at both but not spectacular at either. (JMHO) Hmmmm....

My vote is for CRT. BUT I would try for a late ADR during Wishes. Something a little new and different for you. (I've not done this, but heard that it is neat because you are sort of in the middle of the fireworks, seeing them fall down past the windows.)

HDDR is very fun, but we live near Branson, MO and get a lot of western, corny joke, etc. shows that are very similar, so that influences my vote.

In the end, you're on your own. They're both good choices. Enjoy!

:tink:

Hoop dee do is fun (if not corny). The food is barbeque type fair so not sure how you would do as a veggie. You do get corn and I believe a toss salad but that's pretty much it, besides the ribs and fried chicken. We enjoyed it. I think you can use your dde card at the early sitting only but double check this.

We love Hoop-Dee-Doo (3 times within 14 months) but have never done CRT. DD would love to eat in the castle but the menu does not appeal to her. DDE card is accepted at HDDR but only for the last show. But I prefer that one. Less little ones(I was just thinking about this and I don't recall ever hearing a child cry during this show, hmmm interesting) plus they have buses to take you back to your resort if you are staying on property. *Little story* My DNiece24 asked me what she should try that she's never tried. I suggested HDDR. They went last week and LOVED it. It was her, her husband and 5 yr old son. I always get teased by them that I should be a Disney planner.

Like you stated there are hardly any positive reviews for CRT. Everyone always says how rushed they feel. Plus they don't accept DDE unless this has changed recently.

I love the HDR, but I wouldn't take a vegitarian there. So probably CRT.

It does sound like a really fun trip.

Alright, I emailed both of my sisters as well as my cousin. I emailed them the menus from allearsnet and I told my cousin a little about each one and she chose CRT. Both of my sisters said to just let my cousin pick since she's never been to WDW. The menu at CRT looks pretty decent, with more choices for a vegetarian. When I called and made our reservation I paid in full using my credit card minus the 20% discount for the DDE. The CM said she wasn't sure if DDE was accepted but she would go ahead and give it to me. It sounds like she may have been wrong, but it certainly worked out well for me since I got the 20% off this expensive meal!

We are going to go on our first night. Since this will be my cousin's first time in a Disney theme park, I think eating in the castle is going to be pretty special. I can't wait to see the magic through her eyes!

I liked the idea of watching the fireworks from dinner. Does anyone know if they pipe the music in? Right now, the park hours for the Magic Kingdom on our CRT day are 8am-midnight. However, they haven't yet listed when "Wishes" will be. What would be a good time to make a reservation to try to see Wishes? Right now our reservation is for 6pm, but I could try to change it.

Thanks for all the help!

Eeyore2003 said:
Here's a link from the DIS here where you can check out the time of Wishes for the day you want. I'd plan about an hour to an hour 15 minutes ahead or so. You can always "drag" it out if you need to and you want to account for them possibly running late too I guess.

http://www.wdwinfo.com/wdwinfo/decfw06.cfm?requesttimeout=1000

Thanks for the link! It looks like Wishes is at 9pm. So I would try to change my ADR to the 7:30-8 window if I could.

But now I am kind of wondering if this is how my cousin should first experience Wishes. I don't want it to lose any of its magic for the first time she watches it in front of the castle. I think I am obsessing over this a little too much!

I think you will do fine in the castle. For a first timer I think that is more special.
But we were at HDDR a few weeks ago, and someone at a table next to us ordered a vegetarian meal. Not surprising, it was all veggies. :rotfl2: LOoked good. But not anything special.
I think you will be happy with the choice you made. We have not returned to CRT since they went all princess.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter