Honeymoon dining question

Amberle3

<font color=CC0066>Likes to absorb the park<br><fo
We're closing in on booking for the honeymoon (probably next week) and DF has a dining concern. He's not too thrilled with the idea of eating with strangers, especially for our honeymoon, and would prefer to leave that particular cruise experience for another cruise. Does DCL offer tables for two? Would anyone who has cruise DCL for their honeymoon care to offer their insights/experiences?

Amberle3

Unfortunately DCL does not offer tables for two, even for those on their honeymoons. You can make reservations for the adults-only restaurant Palo (where you will definitely be seated at a table for two) and waitlist for more nights there if you wish. Just be aware that there is a $10 per person charge for dinner at Palo.

Also, if you choose to eat at Topsiders you will be able to have a table for two and there is always the option of room service, although the menu is limited.

We went on DCL for our HM and we very much enjoyed eating with table mates. My DH and I were a bit weary of eating with a bunch of strangers, but DCL paired us up with other HM'ers, so there was already a common thread among us. We didn't make any life long friends with our table mates, but it was nice to recognize some people on your excursions and on the ship from time to time.

Here's a tip....on the first night, go to dinner early and if you have a rectangular table like we did, grab end seats across from each other. That way you only have to sit next to one person.....I don't know if other tables kept the same seats as they did the first night, but the seats we took the first night were our "unofficial" assigned seats the whole cruise!

I felt the exact same way and on our honeymoon, on another cruiseline we were able to get a table for 2. When DH and I took a Disney cruise alone, without the kids, we once again requested a table for 2, but we were unable to get one on DCL. This is my only complaint about them. ;) We were seated with tablemates, I was uncomfortable, and enjoyed the dining experience less than I would have had we been alone. With that said, it was only 2 nights as we did Palo once and this was a 3 day cruise. The overall experience was wonderful for us as an adult couple...just would have been a little better had we been seated alone.
On the other hand there have been some reports here of couples being able to get a table for 4 assigned to only them so it can happen if you are lucky. Hope it works out for you!

The bad news... you are pretty much out of luck getting a non-Palo table for two. The good news... your travel agent will doubtless note that you are a honeymoon couple on your reservation. Ask him/her to note that you wish to be seated with other honeymooners and no children. You definitely want the 2d seating. When you get on the ship after you have made spa/Palo reservations, go to wherever they take requests to change seating. Have them pull up the demographics on your table (ages & any special notations). If for some reason you don't like what you have (eg you landed children for some reason), they will move you. When you have lunch at a sit down restaurant, tell the person seating you that you do not wish to sit with children and you will often land a table for two (well, a large table without anyone else). We tend to go on DCL for our anniversaries & do not have children. We always ask to be seated with honeymoon couples. Although we were intially not thrilled with the group table idea, we have always had great tables as they tend to group honeymoon & anniversary couples together. It's fun to hear about everyone's weddings and you will tend to be interested in the same sorts of activities as the other couples.

Congrats on your upcoming wedding!!!!

:wave: Cupcake

We also took a cruise on our honeymoon, it was too long ago for DCL.;) We were seated with other couples that were also newly married. We had such fun with them, and still keep in touch with them 14 years later. We even have visited at each others homes. Go with an open mind, you could end up with some fun new friends!:D

We just booked the Feb 26, 2005 7 night western cruise for our honeymoon. We also do not want to sit with other people as I am very uncomfortable eating in front of strangers and sometimes I just want to relax and not socialize with other people. We put a request in our reseravtion that we are honeymooners and want a table for two.
I went on the Jan 10, 2004 7 night cruise with a group of 4. We were put at a table for 6. I went down to the desk that makes seating changes and they moved us to a table of 4 with no problem. Also, there was a couple in our dining rotation that had a table for 4 and they were alone for the entire cruise.....so there is hope that we will get to eat alone. If not, I guess we will have to deal with it. We are booking Palo so at least that is guaranteed to be just the 2 of us!
Being that dinner is only for about 1 1/2 hours it is worth being uncomfortable for such a short amount of time! The rest of the cruise is just beyond words!!! You and your soon-to-husband will have a magical and unforgettable honeymoon!
Congratulation!!!

We did a three day as part of our honeymoon and we were sat with other families. We did have a great time though!

recently my brother in law got married and went on 2 Disney cruises and both times was able to get a table for 2 no problem just asked... and that was during school vacation cruises ...

so i think if u ask u have a good chance of getting it...

I would go to the restruant u r scheduled to dine in ... and ask to speak to your head server .... do not bother with Guest services...

we also did this last October , Some one asked us what table we had and we told them they said that is a table for 4 people
we did not want to be stuck dining with just 2 other people and wanted to be at a table of 10 or more....
did not just want to get stuck dining with same 2 people every night at least at a big table u can sit in different spots every night and do not have to sit next to same person....
went to dining room and spoke to HEAD SERVER and he moved us around no problem ... and the 2 people left at our other table seemed to be enjoying them selfs... since they had there own table...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter