Honeymo78's Wedding Journal (Comments Welcome)

honeymo78

Don't dream it, be it
I'm getting back in shape for my wedding and Disney Honeymoon in October. With the help of WISH I lost close to 50 lbs around this time last year. Life intervened and I gained a good bit of it back so here I am to do it again and hopefully keep most of it off this time. My weigh in day will be Sat, last Saturday I weighed in at 203. I'll also post my measurements tomorrow along with my weight so I can see my progress there as well. I'm hoping to get down to 180 for the wedding (hopefully that will mean that my wedding dress with fit too). That means 5lbs a month from now until October which is realistic if I keep up my exercise and pay attention to what I eat.

I've done really well with exercise this week - Sat 20 min walk, Sun 20 min walk and 1hr yard work, Mon 20 min walk, Tue 20 min walk, Wed 20 min walk, Fri 30 min walk, 10 min walk. My goal is to walk 30 min at least 4 days a week and start using free weights. I haven't done that yet this week and today is my last hope so I better get moving on it after dinner.

Hi! Good luck and WELCOME to WISH! I, the gracious cheer spryte, have decided to grace your journal with a welcoming CHEER!

:cheer2: Oh Yes! We're here, The prize is near, Happy Marriage, Lots of Success, Down on Pounds, That's the Best! :cheer2:

Read others journals. They help immensely. Good luck!

Here is my weekly weigh in 199.5 :cool1: I am so happy to be in Onderland.
I'll post my measurements now so I can track changes week to week
Chest 41 above, 38 below
Tummy 41
Waist 38
Hips 48

Exercise
Sat - 30 min walk, 10 min weights
Sun - 30 min walk
Mon - 30 min walk
Tues - 30 min walk
Wed - 10 min walk
Thurs - 10 min weights
Fri - 30 min walk

Thanks for stopping by Tigger. It's great to know I'm not alone in this journey.

Welcome (back) to WISH and congrats on your upcoming wedding!

Best of luck to you on your journey. Here's some :wizard: to help you on your way!

Congrats!!! Onederland's a nice place, isn't it?

Have a super Sunday!

Tiger - onderland is absolutely onderful. It makes me feel like a major hurdle has been overcome.

I wish I could have visited there, but NO! The scale had to be dumb and say 199 instead of 200 or even 203!

How was your day today? Hope it was AWESOME!

New week - no weight loss though :confused3 - maybe it's because I'm working out more/harder. I did lose 3 inches, although not where I'd like to.

Chest - 39 (-2), 37 (-1)
Tummy - 41 (0)
Waist - 38 (0)
Hips - 48 (0)

Here's to another good week of exercise.

You're losing inches and that's what matters.

You are eating, right? Post what you eat here, it will help in the long run.

Pearlie-weren't you the one who had her 'extra heavy' undies on when she got weighed at Curves? Honeymo, maybe you were wearing your extra heavy undies. I don't know.

Keep it going!!!! OT, but what are your wedding colors? If I'm being nosey, please tell me to back off.

Well I'm back again - that first attempt didn't last long. For a while I didn't have regular computer access at work and by the time I'd get home from work and do all the stuff I needed to do I didn't have time to get on the computer. I also was finding I didn't have time to exercise either. And I had been getting take-out for at least one meal everyday. I've really got to get into gear and start moving or I'll never fit in my wedding dress. I've gained 5-10 lbs since supposedly getting back on track. I'm hoping that some of that is some muscle gain since I've been swimming again and doing some moderate weight training. I'm going to try and post what I eat and my exercise here at least during the workweek. I'm hoping it will make me more accountable. I'm not on any particular diet but I'm trying not to overeat and I want to cut back on snacks so I can go out and eat on the weekends and not ruin all the work I've done during the week.

Monday
Breakfast - 2 bananas
Lunch - Turkey Lean Cuisine (5pts), Salad with veggies and 2-3tbls lite Italian dressing (I was still pretty hungry and a salad is good for me, right)
Snack - cinnamon raisin bagel plain, peach iced tea with teaspoon of honey and equal
Dinner - 2 bowls vegetable and barley soup, 3 slices italian bread with margarine
Snack - 1/2 cup drumstick ice cream

I didn't exercise at all =( But I managed to have just one serving of ice cream.

Welcome back to wish. Keep posting, everyone here is so supportive.

Congrats on your upcoming wedding. You will meet your goal by trying hard and visiting WISH often for support.

Remember to drink lots of water. I also an not following any specific diet plan. I just try to eat as healthy as possible and eat reasonable portions. Being a stress and emotional eater doesn't help much either.

Good luck with your journey. Remember it's not a diet, it's a lifestyle change.

NYcpa - thanks for the visit. I am definitely getting in plenty of water - I have a 24oz cup (or something at least that big) that I fill up at least 5 times at work.

I got off to a late start today - about 3 hrs late. I really need to figure out how much sleep I need and then build my work schedule around that because getting up at 6 and staying up until 11 is not working.

Breakfast/Lunch - large fruit salad (I've got this at my desk and I'm just snacking on it)(guessing less than 500 calories)
Snack - rice cake (35)
Lunch - Veggie Salad with 2 tablespoons Lite Italian dressing (approx 60 for dressing)
Snack - dutch apple bagel (470/3.5g), peach tea with splenda
Dinner - Lean Cuisine Chicken in Peanut Sauce 6pts (280/7g)

Welcome back - I'm fairly "re"-new here (I've been here before too). Good luck on your weight loss and keep coming back for updates. And congrats and good luck on your upcoming wedding - how exciting!!!!

Keep on :banana: :banana:
Chris

Congrats on the wedding. Nothing like having something to motivate you!! I read a study not too long ago that linked sleep and weight loss. People who got 8 or more hours of sleep lost more weight. Make sure that you take that time for YOURSELF everyday. That is so hard for women to do, but sometimes we need to put ourselves first! Good luck to you!!!

I wonder how many calories were in that fruit salad this morning? It was a med size pie pan filled with watermelon, pineapple, honeydew, cantaloupe and handful of grapes and strawberries. I was reading lesli's journal (or was it chris's?) who said they were aiming for 1800 cal/day and watching fat intake and thought I might want to use that as a guideline. Basically I'm wondering if I should eat something else tonight after I take my half hour walk. I really don't want to eat much less than 1800 if I'm still hungry.

Okay maybe I shouldn't eat anything else today. I just found out that I'm taking tomorrow as one of my days off this week and going to the movies with my fiance Dan and then out to eat, probably the Olive Garden. I know that I should say no to the calories and fat in the popcorn and some of the goodies at dinner but we go out about once a week (movies every other week) and I don't like to limit myself because I'll just end up overeating later. I'll just be sure to get in my exercise tonight and try and do a little bit extra tomorrow.

I hope you are having a good day and that you did well on the popcorn and Olive Garden. You know what - it's okay to have those things as long as you do it in moderation - like have a small bag of popcorn instead of sharing a large one. When you order your meal, ask for a to go box and split the meal up and eat only what's on your plate.

Here's to a good day :banana: :banana:
Chris

Monday night I did end up eating a little more after my half hour walk - I was just too hunrgy. I had some lean cusine stir fry (170/3g) and some ramen noodles (380). Not a great end to the night but anytime I can say no to ice cream is good for me. Yesterday wasn't as bad as it could have been but definitely not great either - movie popcorn and milkshake. But I did only get minestrone soup and salad (yes with dressing but most of it stayed at the bottom of the bowl) at the olive garden and I didn't eat any breadsticks. Plus I walked for almost 45 min last night and at a faster pace than usual. I'm right back on track today though.

Here's what I've had so far today
Breakfast - banana (100?), plain oatmeal (100,2g)
Lunch - Lean Cuisine Beef skillet leftovers (380,5g)

I'm really craving some pizza for dinner and I know I should have any since yesterday was my splurge day. I hope Dan has a good idea for dinner when I get home from work so pizza doesn't even cross my mind when the topic of dinner comes up.

Morning Honeymo! You've got tons of willpower! I can't even resist those breadsticks!!!

Keep on keeping on!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter