Honestly....MVMCP??

BigTiggerGuy

HHN Here We Come Again!!!!
OK, everybody....honest opinions please. My DP has suggested that we pass on the Christmas presents this year and instead book a quick 4 night/5 day trip to WDW in December. I'm a big kid at heart and have a blast whenever I'm at Disney....but my question is this----will two 30-something guys really enjoy MVMCP or is it really geared more towards families and kids? Any opinions welcome..... Thanks!!

It's really the Magic Kingdom, plus a lot of extras (snow on Main Street, the Christmas parade, free cookies and hot chocolate, special entertainment). So if you enjoy the regular Magic Kingdom, plus the other things I mentioned, then you should enjoy yourself. It is one of the few times that this 40-something and his 30-something husband go to the Magic Kingdom. And we never feel out of place.

And we don't do gifts either. For us, all of the trips we take through the year is our gift to each other.

I don;t ususally come to this part of the forum, but saw your post and had to reply. We went this past December with my 2 kids, my Dh, his mom and dad and his sister. We had an absolute blast. It was much quieter than a normal Disney day. I'd do it again in a second. Usually you can get in at about 4pm as well-so you can really make a night of it
Holly

We're two 50-something guys who have done MVMCP several times and love it! The atmosphere of the park in holiday mode, snow on Main Street, free cocoa and cookies, the holiday parade and fireworks, and everyone in such a happy mood make it a don't miss event for us when we are there at that time. We will be doing the MVMCP on 12/7 this year (assuming the schedules stay the same as usual); maybe we'll see you there!

Yes, yes, and yes. This past Decemeber we took a gay male friend who was highly resistant to all things disney and he absolutely adored the parade, viewing it as one of the highlights of the trip.

Two 30 something guys here, we went when we were late 20 somethings (actually he was 28 I was 30), and loved it! We are thinking of going again this year and taking our friends. To us it's truly The Magic Kingdom at it's most Magical.

YES! YES! YES! :banana:

We love Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Party and Mickey's Not So Scary Holloween Party. What we particularly enjoy is all of the extra entertainment that isn't normally offered. Skip the rides - you can do them during the day. Find the stage shows, parades and fireworks. THOSE are what makes MVMCP and MNSSHP a real treat.

We have gone with family and friends before, but didn't have as much fun as when it was just the two of us.

Randall

:rainbow:

Thanks for all of the opinions! I think our minds are made up. I read on one of the other boards that Pop Warner :cheer2: will be in Disney in early December(I think until Dec. 9th) so we are looking at the 10th-14th.
Does anyone have any more info on the Pop Warner crowd? Oddly, being around a bunch of young female cheerleaders just doesn't appeal to me for some reason... :teeth:

the Pop Warner thing stays over at the Wide WOrld of Sports for competitions, football and cheer. They get some park time, but it's no worse than normal groups of kids. The worst part for me was the year I stayed at Dixie Landings and some of them were there, overflow from the values, or they spent more to stay they. Anyway they just overwhelmed the food court in the morning. THat was it. But after being at Pop a couple of months ago and being in the food courst at breakfast time, it was no less crowded then and there were no groups.

The thing with the MVMCP is it is a lot less crowded. You don't have to leave the park, you can stay all day and night, you will just have to get a wrist band to prove you have paid the extra dollars for the tix. I have done it twice, once with siter and nephew and once alone. Both times it was fun.

If you have an AP, don't forget that there are usually several party dates that have an AP discount.

The funny part is that Dan and I went last year (and are going again this year 12/9 or so), and the Pop Warner kids were down there at the same time. The only time we were really noticing them was at MGM when the park was closing to allow for a special event for the Pop Warner kids. They were everywhere, but it was not that bad, since it was at the end of the night.

We liked the parade alot this past year, but there was no fake snow since it had rained. Good cookies and hot chocolate, and you get to have your picture taken (we had NO problems doing it together). The wishes fireworks were awesome, and I have never been anywhere where the fireworks went up all the way around the park...it was great.

Hope that helps.

Tim

DO IT! Chris and I did it once a few years ago. Unfortunately December is a hard time to get away for us or we would definitely do it again!

The parade at night is awsome.

Perimiter fireworks are hard to come by.

And substitute tinkerbell with rudolph!

What else could you ask for?

Over all it's a great experience. I agree with the poster who said skip the rides and do everything else, it's the MK at it's best!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts