Homemade FE gifts - Part 2

Thank you!

Thanks! No, I found the kits online.

Thanks!!

I hope the people I gave them to liked them. I never did hear from any of them if they did or not.

You're very talented! I would love a gift like that! How sad you never heard from anyone on it.

We just got back from the Mexican Riviera Cruise a few weeks ago and we had some of the most wonderful FE gifts :goodvibes But now that were back and things have calmed down I just wanted to post my FE gift. My idea came from last thread and after going back and forth trying to decide what to do I'm glad I did this....I just hope everyone else did to :rotfl:

These are the coasters that I made and gave out...of course I had to keep a set for myself ;)

IMAG1581-1.jpg

I absolutely love this idea! so creative

I got my pill boxes for the shadow boxes from Oriental online and all of the insides:shells, sand, glue, at Jo-Anns. I also attached magnets to the back. The picture I searched on google and printed it out on my printer.

I'm not very crafty and kind of indecisive LOL - I'm also EAGER to get started on my FE gifts (because it's fun and also to break up the spending a bit) even though my group won't be final until August.

I had found these little mini Disney "tin lunch boxes", if you know what I mean they are small versions of the old school lunch boxes we used to use :) wondering what you think if I get these? I have 2 thoughts:

1-get one per stateroom and inside put a small gift for each family member( once I know who they are )
2- get one lunchbox for each individual child with some little things inside, and then a separate gift for adults

What would you do?
Note there are different boxes with different Disney characters (Mickey, princess, pooh, monsters inc, etc)

I'm not very crafty and kind of indecisive LOL - I'm also EAGER to get started on my FE gifts (because it's fun and also to break up the spending a bit) even though my group won't be final until August.

I had found these little mini Disney "tin lunch boxes", if you know what I mean they are small versions of the old school lunch boxes we used to use :) wondering what you think if I get these? I have 2 thoughts:

1-get one per stateroom and inside put a small gift for each family member( once I know who they are )
2- get one lunchbox for each individual child with some little things inside, and then a separate gift for adults

What would you do?
Note there are different boxes with different Disney characters (Mickey, princess, pooh, monsters inc, etc)

I gave one of my shadow box tins per stateroom. Even though I used coupons I still spent around $25.00-30 on this project. I got some cellophane bags and handed out candy. I also made the glass magnets with the clear bobbles. (different designs x5) I found some Frozen tote bags in the dollar Target section and also handed out these Mickey tote bags that never made it to the ship.

The shadow boxes are pretty easy to make though and I loved making them. It all depends on what you want your total cost per person to be. And you have to transport all of this stuff to the ship.

I gave one of my shadow box tins per stateroom. Even though I used coupons I still spent around $25.00-30 on this project. I got some cellophane bags and handed out candy. I also made the glass magnets with the clear bobbles. (different designs x5) I found some Frozen tote bags in the dollar Target section and also handed out these Mickey tote bags that never made it to the ship.

The shadow boxes are pretty easy to make though and I loved making them. It all depends on what you want your total cost per person to be. And you have to transport all of this stuff to the ship.

Yes transporting should be interesting! Lol my 'justification' to myself is when I take all these things out of my suitcase... Well, more room to fill it up with all the things I know I will buy! :)

Sounds like you are really clever when it comes to this stuff!
The tins I believe they were 3.99 each - and that's of course before filling them - which is partly why I'd like to start now and spread out the cost over time if I do go with that. I hope it's something people would like... I don't have kids, but I know I would use one when I got home to store things (pens and paper clips, hair accessories, what have you)

In the past I have shipped my FE gifts to the ship but I did run into a problem a few years back. The box I mailed to the resort never made it until the day after we left for our cruise. On the way off this last cruise we were packed to the gills from all the FE gifts we got and souvies from Mexico.

This FE gift has evolved over the 5 DCLs I have been on, but its a keepsake where I affix used stamps and/or coins of the countries we are visiting to a map of the itinerary of the sailing.

I generally acquire the coins / stamps on eBay. Stamps vs coins and the cost of each will boil down to the itinerary. For the western Caribbean, all countries were readily available and all were in expensive so I did both coins and stamps. For the repositioning, I wanted to do coins, but bulk Columbian and Aruba coins were hard to come by (and for that FE I think there were 125 participants) so I went with stamps only - and since Aruba is such a new country I had to get unused stamps from there... I think the Aruban stamps were 10x the price of all the other stamps combined.

This version has one coin and one stamp from each of the three countries we were supposed to visit (Cayman actually was cancelled due to weather). They are affixed to canvas board (in the past i just used card stock, but the canvas board is far more durable).

The intention of this FE is to be a lasting keepsake of the cruise...

I would love to have the template you used for this....

On the topic of saving money...Michaels is currently running 25% entire purchase (for regular priced items) until Sat. Feb 6th and then on Sunday Feb 7th, it's 30%!! I have all my supplies I need to finish all my FE!!!

i hate to post at the end of this resting thread BUT:

is there a "best" place to get a subway art pattern/template...I've seen many many online. I loved the mickey head ones i saw here somewhere.......

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter