Homemade FE gifts - Part 2

We just got off the Disney Wonder and part of the FE Gifts for the men, we gave out neckties!!

My son who is 14 just started sewingin January of this year.

A friend of mine who is a seamstress has helped my son

Anyway I have waited and watched over the past several weeks of folks who want ideas or something for the men. Our ties were a hit on our cruise

I was delighted to walk into men wearing my son's ties or even when I was at Shutters there were pics of men (and some boys) who wore his ties in the photos and it warmed my heart.

IMG_8889.jpg

Those are awesome! :thumbsup2

We just got off the Disney Wonder and part of the FE Gifts for the men, we gave out neckties!!

Anyway I have waited and watched over the past several weeks of folks who want ideas or something for the men. Our ties were a hit on our cruise

I was delighted to walk into men wearing my son's ties or even when I was at Shutters there were pics of men (and some boys) who wore his ties in the photos and it warmed my heart.

Those are fantastic! Great job!

IMG_8889.jpg

OMG. These are beautiful. I'd probably cry if someone gave these to us in our FE. :goodvibes

It's adhesive backed. I just did something very similar for the FE I'm doing in a couple weeks and it kinda sucks that the idea was just posted so close to when I'll be giving them out. :rotfl: I made them over a month ago.

I know they will love them !! Post pics when you are back so we can see !!

Susan

What an incredibly talented son you have! I'm not even male and I'd wear one of those! :thumbsup2

So I've been hopping some threads asking lots of questions...he he. I've been on a few DCL's and always noticed the FE's and now I want to participate. My family is in the pre-planning stages of another trip (introducing some new family members into the culture! I'm uber excited to make new Disney addicts and want their experience to be amazing!) So I think I've gotten a lot of the FE's things down, just a few more questions I hope ya all don't mind answering!

-Can anyone guestimate how many FE gifts they make for people (like how many people typically participate on average?)
-Do you make extra's for other people who might hang extenders but not join Dis group lists?
-I see a lot of Door decor (on ship and in pics) with crazy extra amounts of magnets on their door...is that usual for the person in the room to decorate or do Fish Extender participants usually make a "Hello!" etc kind of magnet to post when they drop of their gifts?
-It is typical to make glass gifts? I see many 'ideas' for ornaments and wine glasses, and I was wondering about how easy is it to bring lots of christmas ornaments (and other glass) on the cruise to pass out as FE's. Do people have travel tips for those items in bulk?

Sorry to bombard everyone! I'm super enthused to make this trip great and get into Fish Extending! Thanks everyone! <3 :sail:

IMG_8889.jpg

Where do you find the pattern for these? I have no clue abt sewing but I know my 3yr old would get a kick out of daddy wearing a mickey mouse tie that matches her dress for formal night.

We got our patterns from all over. Walmart has Disney Fabric as well as JoAnnCrafts. Just check your local fabric shop

Your son ROCKS! These are fantastic - I'm sure they were a hit. And how exciting to see people actually using your FE gift!

Wow these are so original and awesome... Tell your son he did great

Those are awesome. My son would have loved to have gotten one of those.

-Can anyone guestimate how many FE gifts they make for people (like how many people typically participate on average?)
-Do you make extra's for other people who might hang extenders but not join Dis group lists?
-I see a lot of Door decor (on ship and in pics) with crazy extra amounts of magnets on their door...is that usual for the person in the room to decorate or do Fish Extender participants usually make a "Hello!" etc kind of magnet to post when they drop of their gifts?
-It is typical to make glass gifts? I see many 'ideas' for ornaments and wine glasses, and I was wondering about how easy is it to bring lots of christmas ornaments (and other glass) on the cruise to pass out as FE's. Do people have travel tips for those items in bulk?

Groups can really vary depending on the particular cruise - time of year, itinerary, etc. I've been in one that had 80 cabins and one that had 20 cabins. The one I'm in right now has 29 cabins, but lots of kids, whereas the one with 80 cabins was mostly adults. There's really no way to tell until you join in on one for your particular cruise. Some groups that get over a certain amount of participants (say 20 cabins or so) might then break into different groups and you can choose to give to one group or all groups.

I don't make extras. If the door isn't on my list, it doesn't get a gift. The stuff already takes enough room in the luggage... I don't need extras floating around. ;)

I don't decorate my door. I've gotten one or two magnets from other FE participants as part of the FE gift, but I tend to keep them inside anyway... I wouldn't want them to "walk" away. I do put a little tag on my gift saying who it's from with my first name and Disboard name. Most of the gifts I've gotten in return had the same... but some have no identification as to whom it's from at all.

I wouldn't ever do a glass FE gift, personally. I'd be too worried about breakage and then not having enough to give out. Additionally, you can't be sure that everyone you're giving a glass gift to has a way to securely pack it to get it home in one piece either. That's just me though. I've seen some really lovely glass type gifts.

IMG_8889.jpg

Those are beautiful! Congratulations to your son for learning to sew and making the FE gifts! I'm sure the men were thrilled! So nice!!

Groups can really vary depending on the particular cruise - time of year, itinerary, etc. I've been in one that had 80 cabins and one that had 20 cabins. The one I'm in right now has 29 cabins, but lots of kids, whereas the one with 80 cabins was mostly adults. There's really no way to tell until you join in on one for your particular cruise. Some groups that get over a certain amount of participants (say 20 cabins or so) might then break into different groups and you can choose to give to one group or all groups.

I don't make extras. If the door isn't on my list, it doesn't get a gift. The stuff already takes enough room in the luggage... I don't need extras floating around. ;)

I don't decorate my door. I've gotten one or two magnets from other FE participants as part of the FE gift, but I tend to keep them inside anyway... I wouldn't want them to "walk" away. I do put a little tag on my gift saying who it's from with my first name and Disboard name. Most of the gifts I've gotten in return had the same... but some have no identification as to whom it's from at all.

I wouldn't ever do a glass FE gift, personally. I'd be too worried about breakage and then not having enough to give out. Additionally, you can't be sure that everyone you're giving a glass gift to has a way to securely pack it to get it home in one piece either. That's just me though. I've seen some really lovely glass type gifts.

Cruise/Julie!

Wow! Thank you so much!! Great information! I'm so excited to participate! :love:

Here are the FE Gifts I made. We had over 135 people so it got a little complicated. I also was doing it for two cabins. This was our first Disney Cruise and first cruise in 9 years. It was a lot of fun and I am impressed by all the thoughtful gifts and trinkets we received from everyone. So thank you to everyone who was on our June 29th Eastern Fantasy Cruise FE exchange!

Where did you get the charms for the keyfobs? Love them!!!

I'm going to be flying from Ky to Ca for our next cruise and I'm gonna have to pack my FE gifts in my luggage so I'm goin to need some light weight ideas. I will be checking 2 bags so I should have enough room for them but you never know. :confused3

That's awesome! My 17 year old DS would LOVE that!!
Maybe your son should sell them.

I'm going to be flying from Ky to Ca for our next cruise and I'm gonna have to pack my FE gifts in my luggage so I'm goin to need some light weight ideas. I will be checking 2 bags so I should have enough room for them but you never know. :confused3

I made bottle cap necklaces, key chains and magnets. They were small and easy to pack!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter