Homemade FE gifts - Part 2

We were one of the lucky recipients of the water bottles, candy, magnet & pirate goodies!!! I LOVED it all!!! You have also gotten me hooked on ginger chews, which I can't find the chimes brand here in FL, boo. :(. Thanks again!!! :)

Glad you enjoyed them! Especially the Chimes- they're not for everyone so glad at least one person liked them.

I don't know if you have a Cost Plus World Market near you (there are some in Florida but I don't know where in FL you are) they have usually Orange and Original Chimes flavors.

I bought them off Amazon.com though since I wanted all the flavors (Mango is my favorite :love: )

FYI on bottle caps...if you have a microbrewery place near you, they are MUCH cheaper there. I got 50 caps for $1.50. I used my die cut machine to smash them flat, and a Crop-a-Dile (hole punch) to cut the hole in them. HTH!:idea:

80994493269366533_oIenLCzs_c.jpg
So excited to try FE with my family, I finally finished my no sew Fish Extender and Im happy with how it came out, using some Disney Store carrier bags and duck tape.

For those of you who have sent something for printing (like a promo place), I would not use Disney logos but could I use the word?

For those of you who have sent something for printing (like a promo place), I would not use Disney logos but could I use the word?

I just had something printed from a promo place for my FE gift. I used one of the Disney fonts, and they would not print unless I obtained written permission from Disney. I substituted a different font, and I did have the name of the ship, so "Disney" was included and they did not have a problem. :)

I just had something printed from a promo place for my FE gift. I used one of the Disney fonts, and they would not print unless I obtained written permission from Disney. I substituted a different font, and I did have the name of the ship, so "Disney" was included and they did not have a problem. :)

Thanks!

Good morning, all! Have a quick question. I saw on ebay someone selling magnets that look like the name tags and then putting each person's name on it. I'm cruising in a month with some friends who have never cruised on Disney before and I would like to make some of these for them, as a surprise. The people selling on ebay are out of town right now and I thought I could most likely make them myself, but I'm not sure where to look for the name tag artwork and thought someone from the DIS might have created it.

Any idea? Here is what I'm looking at. I could make these for clients, as well, so I would love to get it on my computer.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/37063648815...AX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1438.l2649#ht_854wt_1413

Thanks in advance.
Mary

Good morning, all! Have a quick question. I saw on ebay someone selling magnets that look like the name tags and then putting each person's name on it. I'm cruising in a month with some friends who have never cruised on Disney before and I would like to make some of these for them, as a surprise. The people selling on ebay are out of town right now and I thought I could most likely make them myself, but I'm not sure where to look for the name tag artwork and thought someone from the DIS might have created it.

Any idea? Here is what I'm looking at. I could make these for clients, as well, so I would love to get it on my computer.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/37063648815...AX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1438.l2649#ht_854wt_1413

Thanks in advance.
Mary

Mary, Tom created blanks in his thread awhile ago. They are in this thread on page 128. http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1936740&highlight=tom+name+tag

Hi there, does anyone know if Tom was the original designer of these tags? I remember having him make some for me before I became a member of the Creative DISign team. Just curious as this wouldn't be the first time that a DISign was lifted for profit on ebay. A real big no-no.:rolleyes1

Hi there, does anyone know if Tom was the original designer of these tags? I remember having him make some for me before I became a member of the Creative DISign team. Just curious as this wouldn't be the first time that a DISign was lifted for profit on ebay. A real big no-no.:rolleyes1

Yes, Tom was the original. No wonder many DISigners are hanging up their keyboards and stopping their work. People are taking what they do out of the goodness of their hearts and selling it.

Mike

Yes, Tom was the original. No wonder many DISigners are hanging up their keyboards and stopping their work. People are taking what they do out of the goodness of their hearts and selling it.

Mike
Hi Mike, I thought so. They are supposedly on vacation until the 20th. Their inventory is not listed. Kind of odd. Maybe someone reported them and if not I plan too.:goodvibes

I just had mine done at a very common online printing place. Used both the Waltography font and a pic of Mickey and was ready for them to kick it back and say they wouldn't print it. But I got a "your order shipped" notice two days ago, so I think it depends on if they catch it or not. *shrug*

Hi Mike, I thought so. They are supposedly on vacation until the 20th. Their inventory is not listed. Kind of odd. Maybe someone reported them and if not I plan too.:goodvibes

Before doing any reporting, I'd look a little closer at the pictures.

The posting on Ebay is not the same design as posted here.

Cast name tags are available for anyone and everyone to create images from.

Why be so quick to accuse someone of stealing?:confused3

My FE gift is not completely homemade- but I wanted to share now that I have cruised and there's no spoiler!!

august2012025.jpg

Okay - haven't figured out picture posting here but I just did a post on my blog showing stuff we received and the notebooks that we gave out for our fish extenders....

http://longingforthesea.blogspot.com/2012/08/disney-dream-2012-fish-extender.html

Oh, and as far as the emergency kits that somebody said they got too many of, I sailed on 8/1 and we didn't receive a single one! So, I guess it's either feast or famine!

I like those pocket deck finders in your post, might have to keep that in mind to include with ours.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts