Homemade FE gifts - Part 2

Hi Sari-

The magnets sound lovely! If that's what you have time/money/inclination to do, then that's plenty! FE exchanges are about sharing a little Disney magic and shouldn't be causing you stress or worry!

I feel the same way. Everyone seems so creative here. I don't know if I could be as creative. Thanks for putting my worries to rest. Our cruise is in September so I need to get working.

Linda

MVFEGift.jpg

Hi there. For those who asked, the key fobs were much easier than I had expected. Using the 7/8" ribbon, I fused it to 1 1/4" webbing with 7/8" Heat n Bond, then stitched along both sides of the ribbon with matching thread on top and webbing colored thread in the bobbin.

Using a rotary blade, I cut the length to 11" and stitched the two sides together 1/4" from the ends. The key fob hardware then clamps to the stitched end covering that stitching. For ease of handling, I worked on sections of 44" at a time.

did you find these in bulk? I found the fob in bulk but not the mickey head key ring...wanted to make some for a friend of mine

The hidden mickey sounds interesting. Is it for a Cruise? If so, possibly the Magic?

Can someone please explain this to me so I can see if I can add it to our FE gift?

Thank you so much!

Sari

The Hidden Mickeys that this referred to are graphics to be used for glass tile pendants. They are kind of marble effect designs with Hidden Mickeys.

did you find these in bulk? I found the fob in bulk but not the mickey head key ring...wanted to make some for a friend of mine

Try this:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/20x-New-Iro...=725852075441180339&pid=100015&prg=1006&rk=1&

I have bought a bunch of things from this seller before and would not hesitate to use him again.

Corinna

Heading towards our August cruise and I have so many ideas for our FE but it is getting too hot to craft! I don't think I am even close to getting half of what I had hoped to do finished in time. There are times I wish we had an AC, and this is one of them! I need to book another cruise so I can finish my FE ideas! :)

I really wanna get opinions on the stuff I have made already but I know I cannot post anything or give hints even till we get back. If anyone wants to help me out who is NOT on my cruise please PM me. I would appreciate some advice.
TIA

Also, I read somewhere on here that someone was personalizing pillow cases. I just found out about the pillow case idea for my boys. I was wondering how they could be personalized.

Thanks again!

They sell the pillowcases on Etsy. You can have them personalized.

They sell the pillowcases on Etsy. You can have them personalized.

I have 2 personalized and autograph pillowcases, as well as picture mats. While cute, not really useful. Now I am looking for a nice tote bag to have signed. DisneyStore.com sells them, although they are not the cutest or best price. Any suggestions?

dthogue said:
I need some creative help with my Christmas ornaments. I am using clear plastic ornaments and want to include some type of tag identifying our cruise, but I'm not sure what to use - I thought about writing on the ornament itself, but I'm afraid it will look sloppy. My other thought was to have customized ribbon made, but that seems to be an expensive options.

Any ideas?????

You can print an image on vellum paper and cut it out with a circle cutter and insert that into the ornament, vellum works best because it uncoils nicely. I did something similar for my cousins wedding favors.

You can print an image on vellum paper and cut it out with a circle cutter and insert that into the ornament, vellum works best because it uncoils nicely. I did something similar for my cousins wedding favors.

We got something like this on our last cruise. It had a picture of the ship, along with the dates, printed on clear paper, cut into a circle and inserted into a small clear glass ornament. Unfortunately, it broke during the packing and travel home (and we were only half hour away). Take this into consideration if it is something breakable.

I think I've figured out how to post photos so here goes:

My daughter and I made bottle cap stuff. We were on the Magic to Canada last week.

For the women we made necklaces:

http://i551.photobucket.com/albums/ii467/mauram1999/FEnecklace.jpg

We were excited to see two girls wearing them one night (OK, their mom's gave them their FE gifts! But nice to see someone wearing our gift!)

For the men we made keychains:

http://i551.photobucket.com/albums/ii467/mauram1999/FEkeychain.jpg

We were on the Canadian cruise and the plaid background is the tartan of Nova Scotia. I found a woman on etsy who believe it or not was from Nova Scotia so she made the image for me!

For the family, we made magnets. You can't really see it on the edges but we dusted them in a fine glitter.

http://i551.photobucket.com/albums/ii467/mauram1999/FEmagnets.jpg

My daughter and I had fun making everything! It was an easy craft project for us to do together! And she loved delivering everything!

(I couldn't figure out how to turn the photos around! But the necklace says Keep Calm and Cruise On with a Mickey head)

MVFEGift.jpg

Hi there. For those who asked, the key fobs were much easier than I had expected. Using the 7/8" ribbon, I fused it to 1 1/4" webbing with 7/8" Heat n Bond, then stitched along both sides of the ribbon with matching thread on top and webbing colored thread in the bobbin.

Using a rotary blade, I cut the length to 11" and stitched the two sides together 1/4" from the ends. The key fob hardware then clamps to the stitched end covering that stitching. For ease of handling, I worked on sections of 44" at a time.

I just found this ribbon, but have another idea for its use, will post pics when I finish.

Gonna go back to the older threads and see what else inspires me as well!

Here are some pictures of the things we got from our Alaskan cruise on the Wonder this August 2011:

Already started on some items for our NYC Magical Cruise :wizard:

Hello fellow Marylander,
Will you be on the 9/7 or the 9/12 NYC to Canada? I'm actually on all 3 September sailings so I look forward to meeting you :)

Just jumping in to discourage the "minnie" emergency kits or "bare" necessities kit... over half the people in my last cruise did something like this. I think the idea has become really popular. It's a great idea and very cute, but not when half your exchange does it! :) lol

Just jumping in to discourage the "minnie" emergency kits or "bare" necessities kit... over half the people in my last cruise did something like this. I think the idea has become really popular. It's a great idea and very cute, but not when half your exchange does it! :) lol

:thumbsup2

Wow, I've been reading almost everynight for a week :surfweb: I finally made it through all 249 pages of the 1st Homemade FE thread and have completed all 31 pages on this thread. I have made a list to refer back to and have explored sewing and embroidery machines based on you amazingly creative and talented folks.

The first posts on the original thread were begun in October 2008. I feel like I have completed a six week sewing or craft course. I've scanned a hundred pictures, at least, and have learned so much. I'm still not sure of my primary FE gift, but I know is won't be a minnie emergency or bare necessities "kits".;)

Three of our sons, two DIL's, and two grandsons, will be with us on our first Disney cruise, so we will have at least three different FE gifts to post when we return. I've already seen some of our fellow cruisers posting on this and the original thread, so I'll likely wait until we return in October to post pictures.

Just can't help but say it again, wow!:disrocks:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter