Homemade autograph books...

The characters will still use sharpie, but I think the Costuming Department appreciates washable markers! I like the look of the marker better than pen, so I picked up a washable felt pen. Worked great.

Huh, interesting. I used the click it Sharpies and they worked well. I just clicked it right before handing the characters the pen, and made note while standing in line which hand they wrote with. One thing I like about the Click its are they are longer then regular Sharpies so it helped with the gloved/pawed characters.

Great book BTW!

Love the thread.... I made these autograph books for our June trip!

-I started by using blank sketchbooks I found in the stationary department (at Borders) but they also have them at craft stores.

-I used a variety of scrapbooking stickers, paper, and letters (from Michael's). For the characters I couldn't find I bought Avery "Sticker Project Paper" (Officemax) and googled images of the characters. I copied them into MS Word (about 4 to a page) and printed them out.

-I tied scrapbooking ribbon to the binding, and used a glue gun to keep them in place.

-I decided a black magic marker looked the best for the autographs, keeping in mind the characters don't like sharpies. I carried it around in a large zip-loc bag to prevent it from getting wet.

[-Kristen

LOVE THIS!!!

In fact, I just got back from a spending spree at AC Moore! $40 worth of supplies later, I am looking at this mess with no clue.

What type of stickie stubstances did you use for the pic's on the front? I am seriously considering calling Hellman's and asking what they stick their labels on with, DD needs a jar for a project and I cannot get the #%@#$ label off!

Did you decorate before or after the autographs? And how did you NOT get the whole deal messed up? I forsee a large bucket of Sprite being spilled on our-I mean DD's-book!!

Thanks!

LOVE THIS!!!

In fact, I just got back from a spending spree at AC Moore! $40 worth of supplies later, I am looking at this mess with no clue.

What type of stickie stubstances did you use for the pic's on the front? I am seriously considering calling Hellman's and asking what they stick their labels on with, DD needs a jar for a project and I cannot get the #%@#$ label off!

Did you decorate before or after the autographs? And how did you NOT get the whole deal messed up? I forsee a large bucket of Sprite being spilled on our-I mean DD's-book!!

Thanks!

:laughing: I kept it in one of those gallon zip-loc bags, which kept it safe from spills/the rain/splash mountain!

I used double-sided stick tape to keep everything down (even on the front cover). I found that it held well and wasn't messy like rubber cement. And I decorated before they autographed. A lot of the characters would kind of point to the blank area and shake their head to make sure that was the right spot. It worked out well.

Good luck with your book!

Arghhhh!!!! now I need more supplies from AC Moore!!!

I am really trying to make this a super special trip for DD, she doesn't know about it, and she's had a really hard year. Unfortunately, it's going to get harder for her because we have to have our sweet lab put to sleep within the next few days and she considers her a four legged sister. She also broke her thumb last week, and had a terrible bout with some "unwanted friends" she brought home from camp. :eek:

Any suggestions anyone has to make this trip easier and enjoyable for her would be greatly appreciated.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter