Home for the Holidays-Wizards-Grinches and Sparkles. 14 nights @Royal Pacific Resort, Nov/Dec 2021

Glad you made it home! Hope to hear all about the trip soon!

Thanks Kathy.......

Plan to upload our pictures over next few days, then hopefully late next week I should have made a start.

Tom keeps asking me if we actually did anything as we seemed to do a whole lot of nothing!! But, we always seemed to be busy....... ::yes::

Yay! Schumi starting to back to get time zone, and yeah, many think doing not much is the best part of any vacation. Relaxing and enjoying whatever you felt like doing sounds like it was a great trip.

Doing a whole lot of nothing in Florida is better than doing nothing anywhere else lol.

lol…..isn’t that the truth Kathy.

We are very much the type of folks who are happy sitting on a bench in the park watching the world go by. Especially in the heat we just had…..it was just so lovely.

Yay! Schumi starting to back to get time zone, and yeah, many think doing not much is the best part of any vacation. Relaxing and enjoying whatever you felt like doing sounds like it was a great trip.

I wouldn’t say doing nothing is the best part of any trip, but certainly we would never be the commando type in the parks.

It was a good trip.

There’s a simple solution to that you know - you need to go more regularly. I’m not a medical expert but I’d suggest three trips in 2022.

lol.......I will agree on that!!

We do have 3 trips planned next year, May, September and December too.....so maybe next year jet lag won`t be a thing......I forgot how bad it can make you feel as we haven`t experienced it for many years now. A 2 year break was too long......

Hope you`re doing ok.......

Yay Carole! I’m so glad you had a wonderful trip and safe travels home
I agree about the weather it was beautiful! We had the best time on our trip.
I’m excited to read all about your trip!

Thanks Caroline......we did have the most amazing time after such a long enforced break from America.

The weather was the best that time of year has been for all of our trips so far, not one cold day unlike the other years where we always had one day we almost had chattering teeth!

I`m still annoyed we missed you by such a short time......we were in the same area too!!! Next time we`ll plan better for sure. And we now have a phone to use in the USA, so I can send you the number so we can work it out easier. My problem is I very rarely check the Dis during the day when we`re there and no email either. Having the phone this year was fabulous as it meant we could easily keep in contact with everyone.......will make sure I give you the number if our dates align anytime.

I do need to pop over to your TR too, I have some catching up to do I believe... ::yes::

So happy you were able to visit and excited to hear all the details of your trip.

And a very warm :welcome: back to you buteraa......

It is so good to see you post again, hope everything is good in your part of the world.

And thank you, it felt SO good to be back.... getting up at crazy o clock to check in for our flight was an absolute joy!!

Hope to start it properly later this week, and I`m glad you`ll be reading and posting along the way......:wave2:

I`m still annoyed we missed you by such a short time......we were in the same area too!!! Next time we`ll plan better for sure.
I had my eyes 👀 searching for you, especially as I sat out Andi’s several rides on Velocicoaster, one time I thought I saw you and as the lady got closer I knew it wasn’t you! We will definitely try in the future!

I had my eyes 👀 searching for you, especially as I sat out Andi’s several rides on Velocicoaster, one time I thought I saw you and as the lady got closer I knew it wasn’t you! We will definitely try in the future!

lol....I was the same.....there were a few folks I was looking out for, but even in quiet areas, never saw a soul we knew......

Yes, next time :thumbsup2

Hooray! You finally made it back! I can't wait to see the pictures and read all about it! We went in October and had a wonderful time!

Thanks so much luvdisdogs.......will be starting soon...I hope!!

And glad to hear you had a fabulous trip in October....always good to hear, hope you had some wonderful weather too. You were staying at RP if I remember correctly, I`m glad you enjoyed it there.

Thanks so much luvdisdogs.......will be starting soon...I hope!!

And glad to hear you had a fabulous trip in October....always good to hear, hope you had some wonderful weather too. You were staying at RP if I remember correctly, I`m glad you enjoyed it there.
Yes, we stayed at RP for the first time and LOVED it. Such friendly and helpful people that work there!

Yes, we stayed at RP for the first time and LOVED it. Such friendly and helpful people that work there!

Now that makes me so happy to read!!

I`ve read some negative reviews online and wonder if they stayed at all......I`m happy you had such a positive experience. We found it back to almost as it was before the pandemic....only missed turndown service and room service menu in room.......not too much to miss.

Yes, the folks are lovely there. We felt completely at home there again, glad you did too :thumbsup2

cv21-S.jpg

What a trip!!

Being honest, we didn`t do an awful lot, didn`t get as much shopping as we planned, didn`t eat in all the restaurants we planned to...but it was a blast.....so will start off again with the first report in 2 years from us.......if you`re reading, I hope you enjoy it and always love your comments along the way........

I mentioned at the start of the pre trip report we were aware that this trip might not happen due to any last minute changes in border regulations, and up till the plane took off, I think I was still thinking it might get cancelled. But, thankfully it all went as it was supposed to. Almost. Borders stayed open and we made it, but it was always in our mind what might happen. So, off we go........

T-DAY.....MONDAY 22ND NOVEMBER......

Usually I start with our travel to the airport day, but this time before we could fly into the USA we had to get Antigen tests with a negative result and they had to be supervised. We couldn`t just use any test that we get free from the NHS, that would be too easy of course, so we found a firm and booked with them as they said results in one hour. Once we had paid and booked, the confirmation email said results may not arrive till up till 3am the next morning, which was a little too late for us as we were leaving on the Tuesday for the overnight. Spent hours trying to get through to them on phone to clarify that wasn`t what I had booked, email after email was ignored and eventually I called the clinic direct and a man assured me he had cancelled. I had given up on the money as they do have a no refund policy, but it was very poor service all round from them.

So, on the advice of some folks from another forum, we booked a company called Breathe Assured who did zoom appointments and they seemed to be pretty reliable. We had arranged for the test for both of us Monday morning at 8am and results would be given in 15 minutes, then a fit to fly certificate issued....sounded perfect. The test kits arrived several days before we had the appointment, all we had to do was check all the components were there.

It did mean I wasn`t going to pack or prepare anything until we had that negative result and fit to fly certificate under our belt. We tend to pack last minute anyway, but I wouldn`t even tempt fate by putting even toiletries in the case. It did take the excitement or build up away a little through all of this, but it`s a small price to pay.

We put the laptop on only to find the woman couldn`t see us, Tom`s anti virus was stopping the connection, so after a few tense moments, we could see each other and she checked all our details and we began the test which she guided us through it all and had to watch everything was done correctly. It was only the nasal swab thankfully, not the throat one which is horrrible. In the 15 minutes waiting for the result, which were the longest 15 minutes ever......she chatted and went through all our passport details and checked everything was in order........she was lovely, a South African nurse who rather weirdly was wearing a mask while talking to us....I can only assume she was not in a room on her own.

We got the negative result and the wave of relief that came over us was immense. All the worry had been for nothing. I knew we felt ok, had no symptoms and hadn`t been in contact with anyone who had covid, but you never know. She then emailed us each our fit to fly certificates, and waited on the call till we checked every single detail was correct. If there was anything wrong, it could affect you getting on the plane, so we double and triple checked everything and it was all good. We thanked her and ended the call and boy were we happy at that point!!!

I sent Kyle and my mum each a txt letting them know we were good to go......also let our friend know from the hotel that yes, we`d definitely be coming, that was the best txts I had ever sent I think.

And then we began packing our butts off......all this time waiting for a trip to come around, packing a suitcase seemed like one of the best chores on the planet.......

The day then passed so quickly, and sitting at night I looked at the lounges in the airport and wondered should we book one of them just for a treat. I was worried the airport would be mobbed and it wouldn`t be fun, so we looked at what was available and booked the newest one, 1903 Lounge and well, we knew we`d get a nice breakfast anyway and somewhere peaceful to sit for an hour or so.

I did wonder how we would sleep tonight, but amazingly, we did ok, apart from being very excited to be travelling up to the airport next day!!!

i-KWjf77J-S.gif

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter