Hollywood & Vine?

vanreg

Mouseketeer
I'm trying to decide whether or not to keep our ressie for Hollywood and Vine. Can anyone tell me how the food has been lately? We don't care about the characters, if we cancel we will go with a counter service.

I'm trying to decide whether or not to keep our ressie for Hollywood and Vine. Can anyone tell me how the food has been lately? We don't care about the characters, if we cancel we will go with a counter service.
We've been twice since pandemic where there's no buffet. Both times last year, January and December, were really good overall. We didn't have any issues or complaints. Everything I've heard from others has been way more positive since they did away with the buffet.

We had dinner there about two weeks ago and were super surprised at how delicious the food was! I was expecting Chef Mickey quality but it was far above that. The beef was probably the best quality dish we had that trip.

I am someone who is not picky about food. I’m just happy when I’m not cooking. But I will admit that I was underwhelmed with the breakfast food back in November. I’ve never had the buffet so I can’t compare. Maybe it was just our experience but the waitress was not very friendly and the food was luke warm at best. The highlight for us were the characters.

We had dinner last Christmas (Dec 2020) and it was excellent. Never had breakfast

Last edited:
We had breakfast there last July, although the food was good (especially the monkey cinnamon bread),
not worth the cost without the buffet or real character meets.

I just booked a reservation this Saturday for H&V. There are so many mixed reviews about the food. Has anyone been in the last month? I mainly booked to see the characters, but wondering if the food is good? Also, we have reservations to build a droid at 8:30. Is 1.5 hours doable for dinner?

Are the bad reviews older? I feel like most bad reviews for H&V were from the buffet era, pre covid. I've been twice in the last 15 months and both times the food was amazing. So so good! Sorry, last time was 3 months ago at Christmas., Not in the last month.

1.5 hours is definitely about how long it'll take.
If you haven't heard, there's going to be an announcement for character greetings coming later today, hopefully for you, it's immediate so you can get those character hugs while there!
ETA: traditional character greetings return April 18.

Enjoy your trip!

Last edited:
I have been since 2019, but Ive always enjoyed it. It has one of the largest buffets on property. I can always find a few things I like. What I do like, I like very much!

For buffets, I do prefer breakfast. They have an omelete station and a lot of breakafat favorites. You cant go wrong with breakafast.

This is the only buffet on property that has lured me in for dinner. A) with seasonal custumes for the characters and B) VIP tix for Fantasmic. Like I initially said some items I didnt love, but plenty I did.

I have been since 2019, but Ive always enjoyed it. It has one of the largest buffets on property. I can always find a few things I like. What I do like, I like very much!

For buffets, I do prefer breakfast. They have an omelete station and a lot of breakafat favorites. You cant go wrong with breakafast.

This is the only buffet on property that has lured me in for dinner. A) with seasonal custumes for the characters and B) VIP tix for Fantasmic. Like I initially said some items I didnt love, but plenty I did.
Please note, H&V has not been buffet style since reopening after the pandemic shutdown.

I'm trying to decide between Hollywood & Vine and Mama Melrose's for our October trip. Anyone have any reports on either for April or May?

I'm trying to decide between Hollywood & Vine and Mama Melrose's for our October trip. Anyone have any reports on either for April or May?
we ate at Hollywood and Vine in April. Beef tenderloin was fantastic. My daughter had the shrimp and mac and cheese, said it was very good. 2 DGD 11 (picky eater) 16 (food allergies), asked about chicken tenders as they were not on the menu (odd for a place that caters to families with kids). Waiter said they did; kids said chicken was much better than QS places. We knew we would be charged for adult prices for the chicken, just happy that the kids could have their first choice. cheesecake was yummy. waiter was outstanding. Excellent character interaction. Used my Disney Visa rewards card and a Disney gift card to pay for the meals and received a 10% discount enough though nothing went on the credit card; saved over $30!.
had been to H&V pre covid and so much better now.

we ate at Hollywood and Vine in April. Beef tenderloin was fantastic. My daughter had the shrimp and mac and cheese, said it was very good. 2 DGD 11 (picky eater) 16 (food allergies), asked about chicken tenders as they were not on the menu (odd for a place that caters to families with kids). Waiter said they did; kids said chicken was much better than QS places. We knew we would be charged for adult prices for the chicken, just happy that the kids could have their first choice. cheesecake was yummy. waiter was outstanding. Excellent character interaction. Used my Disney Visa rewards card and a Disney gift card to pay for the meals and received a 10% discount enough though nothing went on the credit card; saved over $30!.
had been to H&V pre covid and so much better now.
Appreciate the candid opinion. I've been wanting to try this place for the last couple of trips, but was troubled by all the lukewarm reviews I had seen on blogs and Tripadvisor. It does seem that the place is getting more popular, as ressies are just about full throughout the 60 day window now

Appreciate the candid opinion. I've been wanting to try this place for the last couple of trips, but was troubled by all the lukewarm reviews I had seen on blogs and Tripadvisor. It does seem that the place is getting more popular, as ressies are just about full throughout the 60 day window now
my daughter decided 5 days before the trip that they wanted to do a character meal and asked me to see if I could get one. narrowed it down to H+V and Chef Mickey. signed up for Touring plans reservation finder but every notification was wrong park/day for can in over night. day before we left for WDW I was checking the website and a dinner adr popped up for 3 days later when we were going to be at Hollywood Studios! perfect. Restaurant is much less chaotic and quieter than when it was a buffet, tables are well spaced and a lot less of them which may be why ADRs are harder to get.

Happy to hear the food and experience are great... been going to Disney for over 50 years and never been to Hollywood and Vine since it opened in the 90s... Were determined to try new things our next trip and this place is on our list

We were at H&V the first day character interactions returned. I thought the food was good and the service too. It was one of my daughter’s favorite meals but I think that was because of the characters 😂

We had dinner in February. I was surprised how good the food was. The grits and risotto were delicious. I would keep the reservation. 20220130_174348.jpg20220130_174212.jpg

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter