Hollywood Studios in early November?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rach3975

DIS Veteran
Is anyone here planning to be in HS shortly after the end of EEMH, especially November 3rd or 4th? We'll be there 11/5. If anyone is going before us and has a chance to report back, I'd love to hear what crowds look like at the post-EEMH rope drops and whether they let people into TSL or SWGE before the official opening time. I'll report back once we go!

We will be there 11/4. We plan to be there for rope drop and have 11 am reservations for the kids for Savi’s. I’m debating if we try to get to Slinky first and then the Falcon ride or if we should just go straight to the Falcon ride.... Any thoughts are welcome, and I’ll report back how it goes.

Is anyone here planning to be in HS shortly after the end of EEMH, especially November 3rd or 4th? We'll be there 11/5. If anyone is going before us and has a chance to report back, I'd love to hear what crowds look like at the post-EEMH rope drops and whether they let people into TSL or SWGE before the official opening time. I'll report back once we go!
We are going to DHS on 11/5 I plan on rope dropping SDD and then maybe hitting TSM after that. We have a FP+ for RnR and star tours and I guess the little mermaid...I did them all for early in morning so my plan is to keep checking my phone for fastpasses after our 3rd is done! I am not doing the little mermaid but was forced to pick something lol.... I hate the new FP system for this park because any other time I'd just do TSM, RnR ant TOT. I was also able to get an ADR for the cantina so was happy about that to try a beer there! Hoping it isnt too crazy, I don't see it being a high day on many sites, probably because most jersey crowds arrive wednesday afternoon\evening. I am from NJ but we are coming in on 11/4!

I’m debating if we try to get to Slinky first and then the Falcon ride or if we should just go straight to the Falcon ride....
DH and I were just having this same debate last night, so please do report back as to what you end up doing and how it works!

Excellent. I arrive 11/6. Hoping for some good intel from here before our HS day 11/7. No idea what to expect. I am pessimistic about going from 6AM openings to 9AM openings. Fingers crossed.

Heading to DHS 11/5, when should I leave my resort to be there for RD? Staying at Coronado springs if that matters. Planned to hit all the TSL rides, mainly SDD and TSM.

I am pessimistic about going from 6AM openings to 9AM openings. Fingers crossed.
Unfortunately, I am, too. I think Disney realizes they overreacted by doing 2 months of EEMH that included the slowest month of the year, and now people going in November (and maybe also people who go after RotR opens) are going to pay for it. Fingers crossed that we're wrong and Disney knows from ticket sales and FP reservations that crowds will be low!

No help from me but good luck, im doing the last EEMH on oct 30 then again November 9th. Ill be checking for updates. If its mobbed, ill go somewhere else.

I am going to miss EEMHs.

As currently stands DHS will go from 16 operating hours per day (13 regular hours and 3 EMHs) to 12 operating hours (plus one day a week with 1 EMH hour) for most of November. That’s only one extra hour per day over last year’s November DHS hours, which to me is pretty shocking given the multi-B $ investment in SWGE.

We haven’t heard a peep about bad rope drop experiences, mob rushes, etc. I hope I’m wrong, but that seems like it’s about to change.

As promised I wanted to report back from this morning. We got to HS a bit later than planed. We were through security by 8:30. We were pretty far back waiting at rope drop. They started walking people back at 8:43. It’s a long walk!! We were in line for the falcon by 9:00. We were back out at the exit at 9:35. Overall it was a pretty smooth experience and there were a lot of people!!!

Hello, we just got back as well. After some skyliner delay, we took the bus and arrived closer to 9 than I wanted. After bag check, we went directly to swge and it did appear not that busy. I think everybody went straight to smugglers run. The standby was almost immediately 75 minutes. We did go back later in the day when it was under an hour and we moved through very quickly.

I wasnt impressed with the new ride. The land was very cool. Other then that until they ooen the newer ride, its much adu about nothing really. I also didn't like that the actors would not break character for anything. A little girl, maybe 5 or 6 ran up to the storm troopers and tryed to hug one of them, they put out there hands and told her to step back, she looked confused and hurt. Looked to her mom and dad. The stormtroooers carried on. It was not a disney moment. And i have the pictures as proof, wasnt my kid so i will not post them.

Hello, we just got back as well. After some skyliner delay, we took the bus and arrived closer to 9 than I wanted. After bag check, we went directly to swge and it did appear not that busy. I think everybody went straight to smugglers run. The standby was almost immediately 75 minutes. We did go back later in the day when it was under an hour and we moved through very quickly.
Hmm. This makes me rethink my plan to use Skyliner Thursday AM. Were you starting from AoA/Pop or CBR? Curious how you found out Skyliner was down and how long it took to get a bus instead?

As promised I wanted to report back from this morning. We got to HS a bit later than planed. We were through security by 8:30. We were pretty far back waiting at rope drop. They started walking people back at 8:43. It’s a long walk!! We were in line for the falcon by 9:00. We were back out at the exit at 9:35. Overall it was a pretty smooth experience and there were a lot of people!!!
Thanks for the report! Curious if you had a sense of how much of the crowd headed to TSL instead?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!