Holiday "W.I.S.H."es - December 2021 thread

It's time to schedule hosting duties for January 2022. I'm already on a roll, so I will get us through the first week of January. Below are the available weeks to host:

January 3-9 - Summer
January 10-16 -
January 17-23 -
January 24-30 - PollyannaMom
I can do the 10th-16.
Thank you Summer for starting 2022 off for us!

I found out yesterday that I was exposed to COVID at the funeral. My cousin tested positive yesterday. She works in radiology at the hospital so this does surprise me. We canceled our New Year's day dinner with DH's family. We just want to be on the safe side. DD also has had a sore throat since like Monday. I have at home tests here and tested her before the funeral and it was negative. Last night she started with a cough and tons of congestion. I gave her another at home test and it is still negative. I am waiting to hear from the doctor to get her in for a PCR test. I can't get through to them so I left a message and waiting for a call back. DH and I went grocery shopping for the week so we can just stay in if by chance she is positive. We wore our masks and got in and out as quickly as we could. I will talk with work on Monday (a work from home day) about how they want me to handle being exposed.

DD's appointment with the hematologist for Tuesday has been switched to virtual. It was at the Children's hospital here and they are trying to keep people away from the hospital unless it is necessary. I am glad it was not canceled. Also, as long as she is not sick, she can go to school in the morning and back again after the appointment and I can work most of the day instead of taking PTO.

For tonight we will keep it low key like we normally do. We all picked out snacks for tonight and we will watch the different shows tonight and play some games. We got our pork and cabbage for tomorrow and then on Sunday we are cutting up stuff to have salad for dinner and throughout the week. Before Covid we would do this every week. We are going to go back to that. DH and I went for a walk outside today. We are supposed to get up to the 50's again and snow by tomorrow night. It was nice to be out at the end of December and be able to walk outside with just sweatshirts on.

I hope everyone has a great New Year's!!!!

It’s been a bit warmer today than predicted, so thankful for those extra 4 degrees that have taken us above freezing and for the blue skies and blazing sunshine.

I’ve been chilling and doing things around the house, the first bits of the-Christmas-that-wasn’t are starting to come down. I’m not quite ready to give up the tree and will save it till last.

I’ve had a couple windows cracked open and it is so nice to have fresh air, in the house kind of airing out the last bits of 2021. No big plans for tonight, but I do hope people will be out super late sledding down the street, they were out till 10pm yesterday and it is such a fun and special thing.

Happy New Year everyone!

So just need to share a bit of a giggle. DH and I are watching Andy and Anderson, just cracked open a bottle of wine. Last year my boss got me a yeti wine glass for Christmas, it has a lid...I call it the wine sippy. Anyway DH took out regular wine glasses and I said I was going to use my sippy and he made fun of me.

Guess who just spilled their entire glass of wine on themselves and the couch? Heres a hint...not the one using the sippy!

DSs and I went to see my parents at the nursing home today, brought DH's phone and had them facetime with DD. There are a couple staff members that are positive so I thought it best not to bring her. Was kind of a tough day I think my mom was having a "bad day." But glad we could go as I am nervous if there is another outbreak they'll cut off visitation again. Not super concerned about my parents as they are vaxxed, recently recovered and received antibodies. But if there is an outbreak they cut off activities which is not good for someone with dementia.

DS6 lost a tooth today. It's been wiggly for awhile and all of a sudden I looked at him this afternoon and his mouth was full of blood. I can't deal with bleeding from the face, made DH deal with that one. It was his first real visit from the tooth fairy. He lost his first while we were in WDW, it randomly fell out somewhere between Frontier and Adventure lands.

I saw a quote on twitter today regarding Betty White (one of many) that said something along the lines of entering next year with her combination of sweetness and profanity. And, I kind of love that. I think that is going to be my approach to 2022. Embrace and balance the two sides to that coin.

On this Social Saturday, we welcome 2022. I don’t make formal resolutions anymore, but I do like to reflect on the previous year and plan for the new year ahead.

Please share your reflections, resolutions, hopes, or plans for 2022.

Happy New Year’s Day!

I just saw a sign on a tv show I’m watching-

Believe
Behave
Become

So simple-but that’s what I’m going to work towards this year. I’m going to write it on a card and post it on my fridge. I already have a grocery list for Monday and brought my exercise ball and weights downstairs.

56433B68-E672-432B-996F-95C0DA3E4729.gif

I wasn't able to get DD into the doctor yesterday. They never called back and I couldn't get through and they are closed today. After about an our of checking I was able to get her a test appointment at one of the pharmacies in the area. It is today at 2:15. It was the only appointment today. I think it was someone who canceled one and I got lucky. There has been nothing else here until Friday. Thankfully she is doing good. Just lots of congestion.

2021 was not a good year for me. With DD's medical issues in 2021 it just made it rough. We had lots of ups though as well. Finally being able to hang out with family and friends was the best part. I am very much looking forward to 2022. I hope DD's medical stuff stays at bay and no more injuries. I hope our friends twins are born healthy. The are having them on Monday which is 4-5 weeks early. The are concerned with baby A.

I plan to continue on my weight lose journey. I haven't been great lately and I know I have gained weight. I am back at my routine today since it is going to be low key.

I like the Betty White approach, sweetness with a bit of profanity. Another quote of hers I’ve seen is how she chose to get along with people so she could have a good time. Going to apply that one to 2022 as well.

2021 was a transformational year for me, and I intend to move forward in to 2022 on a the new path that transformation has opened for me.

The temps are to slowly raise during the day and keep raising over night till we’re in the low 40’s tomorrow. I’m still thinking I might feel comfortable going to the grocery store later tomorrow or early Monday. In the meantime I am clearing out the pantry and re-organizing. I thought I had done this fairly recently but in the past few days found oatmeal with a best-by date of 2017? Yikes! Then next after that is going thru each cupboard and drawer… the kitchen is my January focus.

I discovered this year that I am even more resilient than I thought. I would like to parlay that into my weight loss journey.

I think that because I have failed so many times to lose the baby weight (she’s 24), I stopped believing that I was capable of doing it. I have accomplished so much in my life despite many obstacles, and yet, I still haven’t believed in myself enough to lose the weight. My first NOOM lesson was on “Self-efficacy,” the belief in your own ability to succeed. If you believe that you can lose the weight, you will. If you don’t, you won’t.

So there it is. Lesson one is the crux of it all for me. I need to believe. My goal this year will be to work on believing in myself and my ability to finally lose the baby weight.

Last edited:
I discovered this year that I am even more resilient than I thought. I would like to parlay that into my weight loss journey.

I think that because I have failed so many times to lose the baby weight (she’s 24), I stopped believing that I was capable of doing it. I have accomplished so much in my life despite many obstacles, and yet, I still haven’t believed in myself. My first NOOM lesson was on “Self-efficacy,” the belief in your own ability to succeed. If you believe that you can lose the weight, you will. If you don’t, you won’t.

So there it is. Lesson one is the crux of it all for me. I need to believe. My goal this year will be to work on believing in myself.
Honestly, I joined and rejoined so many weight loss programs so many times. Tried on my own-I can’t pinpoint what finally clicked-but it did. I just plugged away and a year later almost 70lbs were gone. It’s never, ever too late! :hug:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!