Holiday "W.I.S.H."es - December 2021 thread

It rained this morning but then the sun came out and everything looked so bright-and it’s a balmy 50 degrees. Walking was such a pleasure today-the first day I have been out since family left.
Made a big pot of soup yesterday- leftovers for lunch today. I shopped yesterday for a couple of our favorite Cooking Light recipes so starting to feel like I’m getting back in control.

I feel uncomfortable in my own skin, so rather than waiting until typical January 1st, I joined NOOM today. I am highly motivated. I have had enough. I feel so much better now that I didn’t wait one more day and just did it. Rather than log in as my old self, I created a brand new account so that I could start fresh from the beginning. They have made some positive changes that I truly look forward to taking advantage of every day.
WOO HOO!!!!!

I feel uncomfortable in my own skin, so rather than waiting until typical January 1st, I joined NOOM today. I am highly motivated. I have had enough. I feel so much better now that I didn’t wait one more day and just did it. Rather than log in as my old self, I created a brand new account so that I could start fresh from the beginning. They have made some positive changes that I truly look forward to taking advantage of every day.
WOO HOO!!!!!
Love that you’re signing in as a new profile/account! Fresh start!

I am thankful to be back on track.
I am thankful for the improvements made by NOOM, and this opportunity to take advantage of them.
I am thankful that I already lost 3 pounds even though it’s just water weight.
I am thankful for the next couple of days off so that I have time to get my act together.

Thankful we’re winding down the holidays with everyone happy and healthy.
Thankful to see another year in and feeling motivated to stay on track. It took me almost 20 years to get the baby weight off, I can’t let years go by carrying these quarantine pounds around!

Thankful that we're having the last bit of snow this morning, and thankful it has been a calm and peaceful event, not a storm.

Thankful I have tomorrow off and will get out in it one last time, thankful that it will start to warm up Saturday, and that it should all be gone Sunday.

Thankful that this forced time at home has gotten me to settle back in to better eating habits, cooking for myself and thinking about how to use what food is on hand, so basically planning!

Thankful workers are starting to arrive right now to put in the mini-split in the family room. It will be so nice to have AC in the summer!

Thankful I have a nice warm house right now because the wind is blowing and it is slushing outside. Thankful I am inside.

Thankful DH is so happy to begin his retirement in a few hours.

I don't have any woohoos for yesterday. It was the funeral for my grandma.

I am thankful that we were all able to get together for the funeral. We were missing a few of family members though. One cousin lives in LA and was not able to make it home and another cousin has COVID. we were missing another cousin but not sure why. He does live out of town so that may be why. But everything went well and it wasn't raining.

Not sure if this was mentioned to you but don't be shocked if her nose turns into a faucet! DS6 scratched DH's eye when he was a baby. At the doc appointment he ended up blowing his nose repeatedly after drops went in...turns out depending on where the scratch is the liquid can drain into the nasal cavity. Per DH's doctor completely normal but can be a bit alarming if you aren't expecting it.
The human body is so bizarrely fascinating.

I did not know that. So crazy. We went back for a follow up today. It is not gone yet but looking much better. DD sleeps with her eyes open and he thinks that her eye was really dry and she opened her eye quickly in the morning and that could have caused the scratch. He wants her to use gel drops every night now. Just over the counter drops. He said he is surprised this has not happen before but can happen often.

Thankful workers are starting to arrive right now to put in the mini-split in the family room. It will be so nice to have AC in the summer!

Thankful I have a nice warm house right now because the wind is blowing and it is slushing outside. Thankful I am inside.

Thankful DH is so happy to begin his retirement in a few hours.
Congratulations on his retirement!

My "What's on your mind?" for Friday is, of course, Covid. My DS has it (doing OK) so I've been exposed. I'm feeling normal but trying to decide when (if?) to do a test. I'm vaccinated and boosted, so I should be fine, but some of the things I read say to test at five days anyway.

My feelings on testing have reinforced how not a risk-taker I am. I feel like I should be excited to take a test to "prove I don't have it" when really I'm nervous to take a test in case I'm asymptomatic but actually carrying it. I've saved the puzzles I got for Christmas in case I have to isolate.

My "What's on your mind?" for Friday is, of course, Covid. My DS has it (doing OK) so I've been exposed. I'm feeling normal but trying to decide when (if?) to do a test. I'm vaccinated and boosted, so I should be fine, but some of the things I read say to test at five days anyway.

My feelings on testing have reinforced how not a risk-taker I am. I feel like I should be excited to take a test to "prove I don't have it" when really I'm nervous to take a test in case I'm asymptomatic but actually carrying it. I've saved the puzzles I got for Christmas in case I have to isolate.
Well I can certainly empathize with you. I truly hope that the vaccine and booster are strong enough to protect you.

I tested immediately upon getting symptoms which led to DD getting tested. As you know, I was negative, and she was positive...surprise! I was told to come back in 5 days since fully vaccinated/boosted patients will have a false negative if they test too soon. My next tests, rapid & PCR, came back negative. After about a week, I felt better. I will never know if my body was battling covid and just not showing up on the test or if I had the flu...they didn't test for the flu because the doctor was convinced I had covid.

I would wait to get tested, and make an appointment ASAP. We had so much trouble booking an appointment, so we found a walk-in, but the wait was 3 hours. That was over a week ago...wait times are worse now.

I wish you and your family well. Hopefully you don't get it and DS recovers fully very soon.

The above photo of Lucy celebrating with champagne has been my typical New Year's Eve since I was about 18 (yes, I drank underage) whether I was at a nightclub, party, or at home. I love to celebrate the New Year with a bang, but this year there will be no champagne for me. I am not at my best physically, and I can't see how alcohol would improve how I feel; I am fully committed to NOOM/my weight loss journey, and those unnecessary calories aren't worth it; DD certainly cannot drink now as she's recovering from Covid, and even though she's back at work, she comes home beyond exhausted. So, this will be a dry New Year's Eve.

However, the expression on Lucy's face does depict how I am feeling...so happy to put 2021 to bed. Let's put another pandemic year behind us and celebrate 2022 in our own unique ways.

GOODBYE 2021! Thank you for the vaccines...thank you for my long awaited summer vacation...thank you for DD finishing Art school...but I for one will not miss you nor look back on you fondly.

2022, WELCOME!!! You cannot get here fast enough!

It's time to schedule hosting duties for January 2022. I'm already on a roll, so I will get us through the first week of January. Below are the available weeks to host:

January 3-9 - Summer
January 10-16 - Sjrec
January 17-23 - Oneanne
January 24-30 - PollyannaMom

Last edited:

I’m glad to hear your son is doing well and you are not having any symptoms.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!