Holiday Resort Pix Up

I think these bears only come out during the Holidays at WL, they must be hibernating the rest of the year.

Dec05-Disney233.jpg

:thanks: Thank you everyone for posting your pics. I am so excited for my Christmas trip, I can hardly wait. Not the OP but keep the pictures coming.

Love all the poinsettias on the grounds of the various hotels, very festive :)

Thanks so muc for all those great photos to my regret I am afraid we would not be able to afford a deluxe resort. Will keep palying lotto though!

I am wondering how the moderates decorate, did enjoy the shot of POFQ is there any riverside shots out there?

Is it only the deluxes that go all out? Thanks and heres to a big win!!!!!

Fidge, I'm pretty sure all the resorts decorate to the hilt--give or take a wreath here or there! :)

Keep the photos coming, I can hardly wait!

Love the pictures!! :love: We leave November 24th for 10 magical days for our third Christmas time trip to WDW!!! Can't wait!!! :goodvibes :goodvibes

We visit almost all of the resorts to look at the decorations on every trip. My only wish is that Disney would have more (or any in some cases) lights for outside decorations but the trees, wreaths, swags, garland, and decorations made out of chocolate are beautiful!!

I love all the pictures! I can't wait to see it all in person in just 30 more days!!!!!

Does anyone have holiday pictures of CBR??
Jeanne B,
I'd be interested in seeing some too from CBR. If noone posts this month, I'll post next month as I have a stay there from Dec 1-4.

Blondie said:
Fidge, I'm pretty sure all the resorts decorate to the hilt--give or take a wreath here or there! :)

Keep the photos coming, I can hardly wait!

Blonie I am sure you are right. I just know DH loves how Grand Floridain is all deocrated but short of a big lotto win it is not a possibility. The added acttraction being all the great things they have going at the Deluxes as well. WE will be going in April 2007 and I squeeze that in on a wing and a prayer. DS is 10 and sadly the "magic" is gone here now.

I am hoping that the moderates would be well done as well. I am sure I could alwys just hang out all day in the GF lobby if worse came to worse and go back at night to a moderate! :rotfl:

Thanks for the hope, I bettter get back to clipping my coupons!!! :teeth:

MiaSRN62 said:
Jeanne B,
I'd be interested in seeing some too from CBR. If noone posts this month, I'll post next month as I have a stay there from Dec 1-4.

We'll be at CSR 12/3 & 12/4 after our cruise but I've been trying to decide if I want to switch to CBR. It would cost more $$ to switch to CBR because there's no AAA or rate code available but for just 2 nights it's not a huge difference, I just hate not being able to get a discount!!

I just hate not being able to get a discount!!
I know Jeanne....me too !
But I was lucky to even get a room. This was a last minute trip---I booked it at midnight on Oct 31 online. It was the ONLY thing available. I called the next day to try and get a value and they told me nothing at all available on property, so I feel blessed that I even got any reservation at this point.

We'll be at CSR 12/3 & 12/4 after our cruise but I've been trying to decide if I want to switch to CBR
I honestly don't think there is even a possibility of this. Everything seems to be sold out for my dates (12/1--12/4). I've been calling several times a day ALL week to try and secure a value resort and keep getting "no rooms available". I wish you luck if this is something you want to try.

Have a nice cruise and stay in WDW. :cool1:

MiaSRN62 said:
I know Jeanne....me too !
But I was lucky to even get a room. This was a last minute trip---I booked it at midnight on Oct 31 online. It was the ONLY thing available. I called the next day to try and get a value and they told me nothing at all available on property, so I feel blessed that I even got any reservation at this point.

I honestly don't think there is even a possibility of this. Everything seems to be sold out for my dates (12/1--12/4). I've been calling several times a day ALL week to try and secure a value resort and keep getting "no rooms available". I wish you luck if this is something you want to try.

Have a nice cruise and stay in WDW. :cool1:

I called Friday night and I was told there was a room available at CBR, I almost switched my res from CSR but it was more expensive because it was a king size bed and no discount available so I didn't bother. There have been rooms available at POR whenever I've called but with that being the mod resort that the Pop Warner kids are staying at I'm avoiding it. We've stayed at CSR once already so I was really hoping to stay somewhere different but like you, I booked this last minute, so my options are limited. Actually, I changed my dates at the last minutes because we added the 3-day Wonder to our plans and that interfered with my original WDW reservation which was at...CBR!! Oh well, I'll keep calling Disney and maybe a room at CBR or POFQ will open up for our new dates before we leave, not counting on it though!! :teeth:

Have a great trip!!

I called Friday night and I was told there was a room available at CBR, I almost switched my res from CSR but it was more expensive because it was a king size bed and no discount available so I didn't bother. There have been rooms available at POR whenever I've called
Wow.....can't believe you are being told there is availability ?!!! I called Friday morning and then again around 1 pm. I had to work Friday night so didn't call. Maybe because you are looking for Dec 2 & 3 specifically and I'm asking specifically for Dec 1-4 ? Maybe if Dec 1 or 4th is not available, they don't even bother telling me that Dec 2 & 3 are ? Otherwise, I don't get it.

I would be happier with a value or POFQ. I'm a little concerned that CBR is so spread out and I won't have a rental car. I will keep trying to see if anything else pops up (I called this morning and was told to call back "computer system down"). IF, I can switch my CBR for a value or POFQ, would you like me to PM you so you can try and book CBR ? I don't know if anything will every come through, but I'm gonna keep trying.
Good luck with your switch too :thumbsup2

MiaSRN62 said:
Maybe because you are looking for Dec 2 & 3 specifically and I'm asking specifically for Dec 1-4 ? Maybe if Dec 1 or 4th is not available, they don't even bother telling me that Dec 2 & 3 are ? Otherwise, I don't get it.

I think that's it. I've had times in the past where I've asked them if ANY of the nights I'm requesting are available after they've told me there is no availability for the nights I'm requesting.

Too bad I hadn't come across you last week because I originally had 12/3 and 12/4 booked at POP but I decided to upgrade to a mod, I'm sure someone has scooped those dates up already since it was early last week that I switched but it might be worth calling again. With those dates you could have at least considered a split stay. I've driven through CBR and it's pretty spread out, CSR is the same way but we'll have a rental car.

PM me if you get lucky with something else opening up, I'd love the opportunity to switch to CBR but I've pretty much settled in on the fact that we'll be at CSR.

Good luck!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter