HM Closure this year for NBC Overlay?

HydroGuy

A Pirate's Life For Me
I have been trying to find this out and cannot seem to find it anywhere. I know HT is supposed to start even earlier this year. I had guessed HM may go down as early as Aug 19 for the NBC overlay.

Does anyone know yet when HM will go down?

:wizard:

I haven't seen them post anything. The first Halloween party is on Tuesday the 17th, so I'm guessing the 16th is the "official" start of the Halloween season as they seem to like to start on Monday's. The overlay seems to take approximately two weeks to go up, so I'd peg it as no later than September 2nd to go down, but I also wouldn't be surprised if they started on August 26th, which would give 3 weeks before the first Halloween party.

Of course that's all speculation, but i'd think my guess on either of those weeks being accurate for the starting point of it going down.

I haven't seen them post anything. The first Halloween party is on Tuesday the 17th, so I'm guessing the 16th is the "official" start of the Halloween season as they seem to like to start on Monday's...
Haven't they already announced the start of Halloween time as Sept 6?
Yes, Disney has already announced the official start date for this year's Halloween Time as Sept. 6th -- they like to start holiday season kick offs on Fridays. Holiday Time will likely start on a Friday, too.
Keep watching the Halloween Time Superthread (Halloween Time Superthread 2019: "Oogie Boogie Bash" Party to Be Held in DCA ONLY!) for any and all news related to the season -- when the start date for the HMH overlay is announced, it will show up there for sure!

I had guessed it would close on the 19th as well. I keep hoping it'll close after D23 Expo.

I believe some one on the AUG 2019 thread is also figuring it will probably close after the D23 Expo. I figure with it being the 50th I am sure they want to showcase it for D23 this year and will close it a week later they usually have. Although it could change it's showing hours from 8a to 11p on Aug 22.

I think word is going out about Aug. 19th so that people can be mentally prepared just in case the overlay does actually start that early. If it starts later, great! But if it does start on the 19th, being mentally prepared can prevent much wailing and gnashing of teeth.

Yes, Disney has already announced the official start date for this year's Halloween Time as Sept. 6th -- they like to start holiday season kick offs on Fridays. Holiday Time will likely start on a Friday, too.
Keep watching the Halloween Time Superthread (Halloween Time Superthread 2019: "Oogie Boogie Bash" Party to Be Held in DCA ONLY!) for any and all news related to the season -- when the start date for the HMH overlay is announced, it will show up there for sure!
Thanks rabbit and everyone else. I have been busy lately and not as active here and searched the forum for "Halloween" - for whatever reason this thread did not come up. :cool:

I am afraid HM will go down Aug 19 too.

Thanks rabbit and everyone else. I have been busy lately and not as active here and searched the forum for "Halloween" - for whatever reason this thread did not come up. :cool:

I am afraid HM will go down Aug 19 too.

The calendar is already out on the site through the 24th and the app for the 22nd and neither have HM under refurbs yet. I thought that was a pretty good sign it wasn’t going down for the overlay on the 19th, I’m going to be bummed if that isn’t the case! Is there any reason why they would be waiting to announce the refurb dates when it’s under 6 weeks out?

I’m still thinking they will delay it a week to get through d23 and have it open a bit longer beyond the 50th anniversary like others have suspected - the 26th calendar dates will be up in a couple days, and I’m keeping my fingers crossed it starts then :)

While it's possible they're trying to keep it open through D23, the MSEP is still not listed on the schedule, and it's supposed to return Aug. 2nd. There are still things to be added to the schedule. Just trying to keep my hopes high but expectations low.

It will be down August 26-September 5 according to some cast members I overheard talking about their schedules! They were discussing when they should plan a vacation. Of course, this isn't quite official information, lol, but it seems logical. I guess we will see!

It will be down August 26-September 5 according to some cast members I overheard talking about their schedules! They were discussing when they should plan a vacation. Of course, this isn't quite official information, lol, but it seems logical. I guess we will see!

Oh I hope this is the case! ::fingers crossed::

8/26 info & hours are up on the DL website and if you look under attractions it says HM goes down that day. It still isn’t showing up if you just click on the calendar date though.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter