Hit the Beach! July Exercise Challenge

Hearty congratulations to DISbot for turning Cooler Orange, to vikdeco for turning Sand Pail Purple, and to Elizabeth Smith for being the first team member to turn Floatable Flamingo Pink! (By the way, when we were at the lake I saw the Floatable Flamingo's cousin, the Floatable Unicorn, out in the wild!)

image.png

We've now flown over 4,700 miles west, from Hilton Head Island to the island of Oahu in Hawai'i. Disney's third DVC resort outside of the Disney parks is Aulani, a Disney Resort & Spa, located in Ko Olina on the southwestern (leeward) coast of Oahu. The first part of Aulani opened in August 2011, with a second following in 2013. The resort has 481 villas and 359 hotel rooms.

"Aulani" in Hawaiian means "the place that speaks with deep messages" or "the messenger of a chief." The resort is dedicated to the history, art, and traditions of Hawai'i. Disney Imagineers worked closely with cultural experts and local artisans in creating the resort, which features a remarkable collection of contemporary Hawaiian art.

(Image from disneyaulani.com)

After a crazy weekend, I’m trying to get back on track. I treated myself to a Fitbit on Amazon prime day for more encouragement/accountability.
Monday - 35 minutes weights and yoga
Tuesday - 28 minutes walking, just shy of 5000 steps
Wednesday -so far, 25 minutes walking, but my grandies (4 and 8 months) are here overnight so I’m positive that will increase! Certainly my step count will!
So, if I add correctly, my total so far is 188/660. So I’m going to have to do something for 39 minutes every day to 7/31. My trip to Food & Wine is 69 days away - that’s my real incentive!

+70

710/1400

We're on the road again, taking part in MINI USA's Rally to the Rockies (for MINI Cooper cars). We joined this morning in Santa Fe for the drive to Durango, CO and tomorrow head to Keystone, CO to meet the cars from the east. It seemed like about 300 MINIs in Santa Fe this morning!

BonnieF turns Cooler Orange; piglet1979, DISbot, me, and the TEAM all turn Sand Pail Purple; and Twilight Sparkle turns Floatable Flamingo Pink!

image.png

Aulani's canoe-themed brown hotel towers overlook the Waikolohe Valley, a pool area including a volcano-themed waterslide, an open-air tube rapids, and a lazy river. In Hawaiian, Waikolohe means "mischievous water."

At the main pool. you can join in the Shake-A-Shaka Pool Party, which is themed to surfing. You can learn about surf culture, dance, play games, and meet Disney characters. The pools and other features' waters are heated, using the heat generated from the resort's HVAC units (part of Aulani's LEED certification).

In the middle of Waikolohe Valley, you'll find a unique Disney resort attraction -- Rainbow Reef, a 3,800 square-foot artificial reef. You can content yourself with the viewing window, or (for a fee) grab a snorkel and plunge in to examine thousands of tropical fish.

Waikolohe Valley is strictly limited to Aulani guests. To enter, you'll need to stop and present your room key to get the day's wristband.

If you have an early arrival or a late departure, you can still enjoy Waikolohe Valley because Aulani has complimentary changing rooms. The Luana Lounge has showers and even machines to wring out your wet bathing suit!

(Image from disneyaulani.com)

+50

760/1400

Greetings from MINI Takes the States Rally to the Rockies. There must have been close to 500 MINIs packed into the fairgrounds in Durango, CO this morning.

Here’s a Disney beach-related MINI we saw in Santa Fe yesterday:

image.png

It's hard to tell, but this MINI is themed to Dory. There are plush toys on the dashboard, covers on the headrests, and "Just Keep Swimming" on the windshield. And this morning I saw they also have an inflatable Dory.

So I've fallen behind on posting, but I haven't fallen behind on exercising too much.
7/17 - 30-minute walk in the city (Went to a concert, 30 minutes is a conservative estimate)
7/19 - 90-minute run/walk
7/20 - 20-minute walk with the dogs
7/21 - 60-minute yoga class and 20-minute walk with one dog

New total - 1090/1700

50 minutes since last check in. We've been having nearly 120 degree feels like temps, so that has slowed me down. Today feels better. Heading to the barn during the cooler temps this evening.

1130/1500

@sophy1996 , hope you meet some nice people during your road trip! Love the Dory MINI. Very cute!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!