Historical Race Weekend Sell Out Timing

Is it bad that I’m nervous for Wine & Dine registration and I’m not even registering? :scared:

I won’t be on the page but I’ll be reading here on the boards and wishing each of your well on your registrations!
Same :( It will be our first indication of whether fields may still be reduced and will determine how I feel for the next 2 weeks before Marathon Weekend registration. If all the W&D races sell out immediately, I’ll be even less optimistic about getting into Dopey. But if they last a little longer, maybe I’ll have more confidence.

Same :( It will be our first indication of whether fields may still be reduced and will determine how I feel for the next 2 weeks before Marathon Weekend registration. If all the W&D races sell out immediately, I’ll be even less optimistic about getting into Dopey. But if they last a little longer, maybe I’ll have more confidence.

Keep in mind that Wine & Dine is a much smaller race weekend, though, with far fewer bibs available than Marathon Weekend, typically. I wouldn’t take what happens today as predictive of MW.

I am registering DD32 (Lynae) for the 10k and I am super stressed about it! Her boyfriend is registering himself and I'm hoping they both can get in. I can't even remember how to do anything!

My daughter just asked me to sign her up for the Half and I’m completely clueles.

Registration run-down with images!

At the time registration opens, you will see links on both the individual event pages as well as the main page for the race weekend.

Click on the "register now" and it will take you to the registration page.

"I also noticed this morning that I did not see the race links on the Weekend Overview page for a good 5 minutes right around official registration start time. Some people also mentioned that did not see a link for the challenge for a period of time as well. Don't Panic if that happens to you. Click on the Events menu at the top, scroll down and you will see a link on each individual race. Since one of the first questions you are asked is to choose which race you are signing up for, I do not think it matters which race you choose to get into the runDisney registration queue.

Once you answer all the questions that have a Yes/No answer, make sure you click the correct button. Some people needed to register multiple people and just clicked the Next Step button instead of clicking on the "I want to add another registration". You will get a second chance on the next screen that includes all the merchandise, but that is your last chance to add additional people."
~@shellot-hill added this

If you're attempting to register right at the open, then you may encounter a queue.

It appears from the Wine and Dine 2021 registration that each attempt to enter the queue is given a queue ID. And these queue IDs appear to enter the actual registration page at different times. It's important to note that the same browser with multiple windows will be given only a single Queue ID in each window unless you're working in Incognito Mode (link on how to do Incognito). So the advice remains, multiple different browsers, on multiple different devices, opened at multiple different times (both before and after the official registration time begins). This will maximize your chances and minimize your wait. Likely, the windows opened before registration, or at the moment of registration will have the lowest approximate wait times.

I did also confirm during Princess 2023 registration that you can send a link (queue ID) to yourself just the same as sharing it with another person. So for instance, let's say Safari on my phone has the lowest wait time of all my devices, and my computer wait times are all much longer. But I don't feel confident I can register quickly on my phone. I can email myself the link (I believe you click on the underlined queue ID and it says "copy link"), and then open it on my computer. Nothing happened to the link of my phone and it proceeded as normal. But now I had the exact same wait and queue ID on my computer opened if I'm remembering correctly in a different browser (same browser would work too). I was then able to register faster on my computer.

To share a link:

Put a cursor over "Queue ID" and click it. It will have a pop up window with "Copy my link". Click it and then paste it elsewhere. You can also email it to yourself.
How to share an extra queue ID (with pictures)

3576DB2B-5E69-4BD2-A8A9-1F7439F19EE6.jpeg

After clicking this TEXT (not the number string) you will get a pop up window that looks like this:
6DB02BC3-9177-4AC9-B0F0-BD005CCF3BA7.png

Click “copy my link” and then use it to share to another device, email/message it to yourself (you’ll need to copy/paste it into your email as there is not a dedicated email option)

As far as we know, it’s one link per use (you can register multiple people/distances under one link, but I can’t use it myself and also send to a friend to use) based on reports of posted links not working during MW’22 registration.

Credit @Herding_Cats

Once your time is up, you'll see a window like this:

You will then be redirected to log into your runDisney account. So be sure to know your email/password associated with your runDisney/Disney account.

You will then see a page that will allow you to choose which distance you wish to register for:

If a race has sold out, it will appear like this:

After choosing a race distance, you will be prompted to fill in the following general information. Alright, this is the important part. The name of the game with runDisney registration is speed. The registration process does not hold a spot for you after you selected your race distance above. You don't actually have a confirmed spot until after you've completed the payment process. So whether you're registering a single person, or multiple people, or multiple distances for a single person, nothing is confirmed until you pay. So with that being said, it's important to point out the uneditable registration items. The ONLY things you can not change after registration are EMAIL ADDRESS, NAME, DATE OF BIRTH, and then GENDER (in that order). Everything else can be edited after the confirmation of your purchase. With that being said, you CAN NOT skip any question. You must put an answer on every question. So just put whatever is the fastest choice, and then MOVE ON. Speed. Speed. Speed.

Name, Gender, Shirt Size, DOB, Email, Address, Phone, and Emergency Contact information. You will then click "Next Step" to fill in race specific information (see next post).

Last edited:
also, if you click on the races at the top of the registration, a section will open up below the name/address fields that look like:

AS A REMINDER, EVERYTHING IN THIS SECTION IS EDITABLE LATER. Just simply make the fastest choice and MOVE ON.

ETA - Shirt size locks in slightly ahead of POT deadline per 2023-2024 race season. It looks like somewhere around 16-21 weeks ahead of the event. So while you can edit shirt selection later, you should probably go back into your profile and edit that after your registration is secure. (9/29/2023)

So after the general information has been inputted, you will see race specific questions:

If you are doing a 5k or 10k solo event, then you will see a question about estimated pace during the race:

The choice you make here dictates your corral placement. There are currently five choices (under 8, 8-10, 10-12, 12-14, and 14-16). In the last few live runDisney weekends, there have been three corrals (there was a time when there were five corrals) for the 5k/10k races. So if you and a friend intend on running together, then placing the same estimate "should" place you in the same corral.

If you're doing a HM, M, or Challenge, then you will be met with a POT (Proof of time) question:

As of Wine and Dine 2022, the HM POT cutoff has been set at 2:15 hours. So from the drop down, you can either choose "Over 2:15 hours" or "2:15 hours or less". Depending on which you choose will prompt you with a follow-up question.

Non-POT Follow-up

You can see the person has selected "Over 2:15 hrs" and is thus met with a question about anticipated HM finish time. There are several options from 2:15-2:30 to 3:16-3:30. Each of these are presumed to be corral designations as they have been during past runDisney weekends. So if you and a friend intend on running together, then placing the same estimate "should" place you in the same corral.

POT Submission

If you instead choose to submit a POT (Proof of Time), then you will find the following question:

First you will be prompted to agree to the POT submission window. Each race will have a different starting point for the window, ending point for the window, and deadline for submission.

Screen Shot 2021-07-13 at 11.20.21 AM.png

You then need to enter the following race POT information. The race name, date, city/state/country, race time, race distance, and a URL to your race results. All of this can be edited after registration has occurred in your runDisney profile up until the race specific deadline. It is important to note that runDisney DOES NOT automatically pull your information from past runDisney races for the purposes of POT. You must enter it yourself.

Challenge Runners

Challenge Runners (10K+HM or Dopey) will be met with an additional question about your anticipated pace for the 5k/10k races.

Once you have finished these questions, you will be prompted as to whether you want to complete an additional registration for another event/participant. Click "I want to add another registration". This will allow you to register for multiple races or multiple people all in one transaction. But as a reminder, even though you've completed filling out the information for the first race, the system DOES NOT hold that registration for you. Nothing is confirmed until you pay. You could go through the process of adding a 5k for yourself and three of your friends, and then come to the payment screen with an error that the race has sold out.

After this, you will then be prompted to pay. You will eventually receive an email confirmation that can take up to 30 min to show up. Your best bet to confirm your registration is to go to your runDisney account (link) and look under "Your registrations". At this point while it's still fresh in your mind, go back and change all the editable registration questions to the appropriate answers.

Once you're finished, you can go back and share your other windows with other users. To share a link:

Put a cursor over "Queue ID" and click it. It will have a pop up window with "Copy my link". Click it and then paste it elsewhere. You can also email it to yourself.
How to share an extra queue ID (with pictures)

3576DB2B-5E69-4BD2-A8A9-1F7439F19EE6.jpeg

After clicking this TEXT (not the number string) you will get a pop up window that looks like this:
6DB02BC3-9177-4AC9-B0F0-BD005CCF3BA7.png

Click “copy my link” and then use it to share to another device, email/message it to yourself (you’ll need to copy/paste it into your email as there is not a dedicated email option)

As far as we know, it’s one link per use (you can register multiple people/distances under one link, but I can’t use it myself and also send to a friend to use) based on reports of posted links not working during MW’22 registration.

Credit @Herding_Cats

Hope that helps and please point out errors. I want to thank @Z-Knight, @shellott-hill, and @Herding_Cats for the screenshots.

Some tips from the MW 2023 thread.

Make sure your runDisney account is up to date. Use multiple devices and be on the runDisney website on each one before registration time. Be sure to vary when you click the link if you do have multiple devices. This past year I had 3 devices and the last I clicked on (just after 10am) was the one that opened for me first!?!

Make sure you have all the info you need so you can work fast. Work with others if registering for multiple races and multiple people. In this case what are your priorities? What is most important, what are you ok with not getting. Also nothing is confirmed until you make payment and get your confirmation! It is absolutely possible to lose a race you are actively registering for if it fills up before you complete your transaction.

Lastly, don't be me and freak out! Remember to breathe. With a good plan it is likely going to work out just fine. That is what I keep telling myself! :)

@Baloo in MI

My contribution is: If you’re able to memorize your payment info, it can be really helpful to cut a few seconds off the process of having to glance back and forth at your card. This trick has come in handy for lots of registrations and purchases, especially in a situations where it’s hard to pull out your wallet/purse (like my stealth race registration during a staff meeting yesterday)

@Naomeri

The other trick I’ve heard is to type it (payment info) out in a note or Word or something, and then just copy and paste it into the CC field.

@MissLiss279

I used this strategy when signing up for W&D and it worked really well. My only caution is that if you do have it memorized, it probably takes more time to copy/paste than just typing it in. At least that's how I felt when it came to my address.

I also had my POT info in the same file to copy paste. If you really want to be quick about it though, select the first non POT time and update your registration later.

Finally, don't dawdle like I did selecting a shirt size. Just pick something and move on; this can also be updated later.

ETA: name, email, date of birth, and gender are not editable after registering. Everything else can be easily changed so be as thorough as you feel comfortable during registration and know that you can update it later.

@GollyGadget

1. Have a couple of devices going and multiples browsers on each device. There's no current theory on which browser works "best."
2. The registration links usually appear active up to 15 minutes early. The current theory is that if you click on the link ahead of time, you get randomly placed in the queue at 10 a.m. It might be faster, it might be longer. The window(s) that you press exactly at 10 a.m. tend to queue in order.
3. The wait time is sometimes right, but sometimes it will speed up suddenly. Don't walk away from your computer and keep checking the various windows that you have open.
4. Have this thread open as well. Once people get their registrations finished, people will often offer up one of their "extra" URLs with a short wait time.
5. Check that you have your current Disney login and password. Log in to runDisney before entering the queue.

@sandam1

I'll tell you what not to do - get so anxious that you're flustered during the whole thing. Also, I'm so used to my computer remembering my passwords, but my work ipad was the first one to get through the queue last time, and it didn't have my password saved. I had to go into chrome to check what my password was because I couldn't remember (see anxious)

Oh, also, if you just pick the first shirt option, don't forget to change it later. I did that for my husband, and then promptly forgot to change it, so when we got to the expo, he had a ladies small shirt. Thankfully they were able to switch it out for him.

@accm

Last edited:

I also noticed this morning that I did not see the race links on the Weekend Overview page for a good 5 minutes right around official registration start time. Some people also mentioned that did not see a link for the challenge for a period of time as well. Don't Panic if that happens to you. Click on the Events menu at the top, scroll down and you will see a link on each individual race. Since one of the first questions you are asked is to choose which race you are signing up for, I do not think it matters which race you choose to get into the runDisney registration queue.

Once you answer all the questions that have a Yes/No answer, make sure you click the correct button. Some people needed to register multiple people and just clicked the Next Step button instead of clicking on the "I want to add another registration". You will get a second chance on the next screen that includes all the merchandise, but that is your last chance to add additional people.

I also noticed this morning that I did not see the race links on the Weekend Overview page for a good 5 minutes right around official registration start time. Some people also mentioned that did not see a link for the challenge for a period of time as well. Don't Panic if that happens to you. Click on the Events menu at the top, scroll down and you will see a link on each individual race. Since one of the first questions you are asked is to choose which race you are signing up for, I do not think it matters which race you choose to get into the runDisney registration queue.

Once you answer all the questions that have a Yes/No answer, make sure you click the correct button. Some people needed to register multiple people and just clicked the Next Step button instead of clicking on the "I want to add another registration". You will get a second chance on the next screen that includes all the merchandise, but that is your last chance to add additional people.

I added this language to the appropriate place in the run-down.

Are these times considering the club Disney window or general public? Thanks
I figured having one thread for historical race weekend sell out timing would be useful. There's always a lot of hand wringing over the registration process and the timing of sell outs. So I figured some historical data would be useful for those discussions in one easily findable collection of information. I'll updated this thread after each weekend's registration.

Registration Run-Down w/ Images! (A comprehensive run-down of the registration process)

Wine and Dine

2022 Race
Start (link)
No more queue after 37 min (link)
10k sold out in 39 min (link)
5k sold out in 49 min (link)
HM sold out in 30 hours (link)

2021 Race (1st race registration since COVID-19 cancellations)
Start (link)
Queues stating wait longer than 1 hr (link)
No more queue after 41 min (link)
10k sold out in 55 min (link); Momentarily at 4:15 hrs post opening, it was noted that the 10k was open again (link)
5k sold out in 6 days (link)
*All races reopened 2.5 weeks after registration (link)
*All races continued to periodically reopen.

2020 Race (Reduced availability?? or Villain theme??)
Start (link)
5k and 10k sold out in 46 min (link)
Challenge sold out in 86 min (link)
Half Marathon sold out in 126 min (link)
*2020 registration was March 10th, 2020 which was before most of the world pivoted due to COVID-19. So it's hard to say this race actually did have reduced capacity. It is more likely that this race sold out quickly due to an anniversary year in combination with the newly announced Villains theme. 2021 will also be Villain themed.

2019 Race
Start (link)
10k sold out in 84 min (link)
5k sold out in 8.5 hrs (link)
HM sold out in three days (link)
Challenge sold out in May when registration was in March (link)
*There were brief occasions when these races opened back up again for a few moments.

**Couldn't find the 2018 Wine and Dine thread

2017 Race
Start (link)
10k sold out in 3 weeks (link)
HM sold out in 4 weeks (link)
5k sold out in 5 weeks (link)
*No mention of when Challenge sold out

Princess Weekend

Start (link)
No more queue after 21 min (link)
10k sold out in 23 hours (link)
5k sold out in 2 days (link)
HM sold out in month (link)
Challenge unknown sell out date
*5k, 10k, HM periodically open after sell out in 23 hrs.

Yoga sold out in 3.5 hrs (link). Registration was about a month after normal registration.

2021 (Presumed reduced availability)
Start (link)
10k sold out in 20 min. (link)
Challenge sold out in 23 min (link)
Half sold out in 26 min (link)
5k sold out in 28 min (link)

Start (link)
5k and 10k sold out in 97 min (link)
Challenge sold out in Sept 2019 when registration was June 2019 (link)
HM sold out in Dec 2019 when registration was June 2019 (link)

Start (link)
10k sold out in 57 min (link)
5k sold out in 10 hours (link) *Post about 1 hr earlier states only 10k sold out thus far
Challenge and HM still open 2 months later (October with August registration) (link)
Challenge sold out sometime between 2-3 months based on this and prior post (link)

Marathon Weekend

Start (link)
Opening queues stating wait of 8 min to over an hour (link); Timing does not appear until exact time of registration opening
No more queue after 21 min (link)
5k sold out in 45 min (link)
HM sold out in 86 min (link)
10k sold out in 5 hours (link)
Goofy sold out in 2.5 days (link)
Dopey/M sold out on 10/12 (link)
*All races periodically reopened.

2021 (Presumed reduced availability)
Start (link)
Goofy sold out in 19 min (link)
Dopey sold out in 26 min (link)
5k sold out in 26 min (link)
HM sold out in 31 min (link)
M sold out in 89 min (link)

Start (link)
5k sold out in ~20 min (link)
10k sold out in 93 min (link)
Goofy sold out in Oct 2019 when registration was April 2019 (link)
HM sold out in Oct 2019 when registration was April 2019 (link)
Marathon sold out in Oct 2019 when registration was April 2019 (link) *Can't find a specific post for this one.
Dopey sold out in Nov 2019 when registration was April 2019 (link)
***A few of the races opened momentarily between April and October (like 5k in August). Likely because they were breaking up unsold challenge bibs.

Start (link)
5k sold out in 8 hours (link)
10k sold out in 21 hours (link)
HM, M, Goofy and Dopey were essentially open until the end.
***A few times the 5k and 10k reappeared as they were presumably breaking up unsold Goofy/Dopey bibs.

Start (Feb) (link)
5k sold out in 4.5 hrs (link)
10k sold out in 2.25 days (link)
Dopey sold out in 2.5 days (link)
HM sold out in May (link)
M sold out in November (link)
No information found on Goofy selling out

Start (April) (link)
5k sold out in 90 min (link)
10k sold out in 93 min (link)
HM sold out in 25 hrs (link)
Dopey sold out in August (link)
No information found on Goofy or M selling out

Spring Surprise

Start (link)
5k sold out in 19 min (link)
Challenge sold out in 35 min (link)
10k sold out in month (Dec 9th to Jan 10th) (link)
10 miler and Yoga still open as of 1/28/22
Disney

Registration run-down with images!

At the time registration opens, you will see links on both the individual event pages as well as the main page for the race weekend.

View attachment 589083

View attachment 589084

Click on the "register now" and it will take you to the registration page.

"I also noticed this morning that I did not see the race links on the Weekend Overview page for a good 5 minutes right around official registration start time. Some people also mentioned that did not see a link for the challenge for a period of time as well. Don't Panic if that happens to you. Click on the Events menu at the top, scroll down and you will see a link on each individual race. Since one of the first questions you are asked is to choose which race you are signing up for, I do not think it matters which race you choose to get into the runDisney registration queue.

Once you answer all the questions that have a Yes/No answer, make sure you click the correct button. Some people needed to register multiple people and just clicked the Next Step button instead of clicking on the "I want to add another registration". You will get a second chance on the next screen that includes all the merchandise, but that is your last chance to add additional people."
~@shellot-hill added this

If you're attempting to register right at the open, then you may encounter a queue.

View attachment 589085

It appears from the Wine and Dine 2021 registration that each attempt to enter the queue is given a queue ID. And these queue IDs appear to enter the actual registration page at different times. It's important to note that the same browser with multiple windows will be given only a single Queue ID in each window unless you're working in Incognito Mode (link on how to do Incognito). So the advice remains, multiple different browsers, on multiple different devices, opened at multiple different times (both before and after the official registration time begins). This will maximize your chances and minimize your wait.

Once you're time is up, you'll see a window like this:

View attachment 589088

View attachment 589087

You will then be redirected to log into your runDisney account. So be sure to know your email/password associated with your runDisney/Disney account.

You will then see a page that will allow you to choose which distance you wish to register for:
View attachment 589089

If a race has sold out, it will appear like this:

View attachment 589090

After choosing a race distance, you will be prompted to fill in the following general information:

View attachment 589091

Name, Gender, Shirt Size, DOB, Email, Address, Phone, and Emergency Contact information. You will then click "Next Step" to fill in race specific information (see next post).
This is super helpful… thank you!

How does multiple registration works? One selection at the time (joining the queue with two devices?.. or the same queue works for selecting two races (i.e 5k & HM)?
Thanks again :)

This is super helpful… thank you!

How does multiple registration works? One selection at the time (joining the queue with two devices?.. or the same queue works for selecting two races (i.e 5k & HM)?
Thanks again :)
You can register for multiple distances and/or challenges. From what I've heard, when you get done with the first distance, there's an option to add another registration before checkout. However, your registration isn't confirmed until checkout. This means that you could have everything filled out and selected for the 5K but it's not guaranteed that you have a spot until after the payment.

You need to decide what's most important to you and decide your sign up strategy. If you MUST have two registrations just know that you could end up with none. If they're both equally important, go for the 5K first since it usually sells out faster than the half.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter