Hilton @ Walt Disney World

Disneypal

Mouseketeer
We are coming to Disney and staying at The Hilton on Disney Property. Any information you can give would be greatly appreciated! In the past we have always stayed at a Disney Resort and I am a little nervous about it.

I stayed there with my DH and two sons last Aug. because of a timeshare presentation offer. We got three nights for $99.00 (of course, we had to go to a timeshare presentation one of the days, but it was not too bad). So we stayed there for $33.00 per night - great deal! There were lots of dining options, which is much better than the moderates IMHO. We are big fans of Benihana too, which is right in the lobby. The transportation was very good, although they don't stop as close to the park entrance as the regular disney busses, it was only a matter of a few feet difference. The best part is being right across the street from downtown disney, you can walk over in less than five minutes. The kids loved it! The rooms were spacious, no outrageously long walks like in the moderates (and some deluxes), and they were clean and quiet. There is a Disney store in the lobby and a 24 hour convenience store to get snacks and sandwiches, etc. After staying in regular Disney hotels and staying in the Downtown hotels, I think I prefer the convenience and amenities of the DD hotels. Have a great vacation!!

Ok we have decided that the Hilton is not an official Disney Hotel but they get some of the same privileges. My newest question is Hilton guests get to go in early and stay late, they have a shuttle to the parks but are you allowed to use the other Disney transportation once you are at the parks? For instance if we go to Magic Kingdom and want to leave and go to MGM or we have reservations at the Contemporary for breakfast?

your disney tickets allows you to use WDW transportation system as soon as you arrive at WDW.

remember that disney a few years ago changed the way DD buses work....

now you must go to a hotel to get a DD bus.

so if you are at Epcot you can walk over to BC and take the DD bus.

at the MK you can walk over to Cont (or take the monrail)

at the Studio (mgm) you can walk over to BWV

the only place without easy access to a DD bus is AK.

Hilton is on Disney property but not owned or operated by Disney. It does participate in the extra magic hours. They have their own transportation which they share with the other hotels on hotel plaza. You can also use Disney transportation to go from park to park or park to Disney resort. You could walk to Downtown Disney and get on a bus there to go to any Disney resort. You'll love being able to walk to Downtown Disney!

We have stayed at the Hilton several times...it really is our hotel of choice in WDW for several reasons:

*The accomodations are on par with a WDW Deluxe property, but at a moderate price. Interior hallways, nice lobby and furnishings, nice Concierge area if you choose that upgrade (I believe the Concierge rooms for Hilton are much less expensive than a WDW Concierge).

*Very convenient to Downtown Disney and to the parks.

*Wonderful guest services...it is a very upscale property.

Of course, we always have our own car and prefer to drive to the parks each day. I have not used the Hotel buses. We also prefer a hotel that is not totally immersed in Disney-type theming (like Value Resorts), but that is just our personal preference. The Hilton does have a Disney store in the lobby. There area also other convenient stores in the lobby where you can get ice cream, Starbuck's Coffee, etc. There is even a Bennihanna's of Tokyo Restaurant there. Prices for these places are high...but no higher than at a Disney-owned property.

Sometimes you can find a GREAT price for this property - although we believe it is a great value even at regular prices. We have been with our family (3 teenagers) and just the two of us (DW and myself), and this property has been super for all of us.

Have a wonderful trip! :thumbsup2

triplejoy

triplejoy said:
We have stayed at the Hilton several times...it really is our hotel of choice in WDW for several reasons:

*The accomodations are on par with a WDW Deluxe property, but at a moderate price. Interior hallways, nice lobby and furnishings, nice Concierge area if you choose that upgrade (I believe the Concierge rooms for Hilton are much less expensive than a WDW Concierge).

triplejoy

Watch the pirce. This weekend I checked for a friend. The price was $298!!!! (and that was a standard room!) I like the hotel, but that's a little more then I want to pay for it LOL!

They do have some great deals, but it is a business hotel so if they have a convention etc, then they can and will ask a lot in which case it's probably not the best deal out there.

I do kind of compare the DTD prices to the mods and make my decision that way.

All of your advice and thoughts were truly great! As for price we are going on Hilton Honors Points so we don't have to worry about the price (which is actually why we are not staying at a Dsiney Hotel). Like I said before we have always stayed on site with Disney and loved all of the places we have stayed, that is why I was a littel worried about going to Disney and not staying with Disney (I know I am a little spoiled).

The transportation issue also worried me but it sounds like we can use the Hiltons Shuttle to a park and then we can use Disney's from park to park.

Thanks again!

We just came back from our stay at the DD hilton and loved it. We have always stayed at Disney properties in the past so I was a little nervous about this too. But I would not have any problem staying there again. It is a lovely hotel with many conveniences and great service. We stayed on the executive level and had complimentary continental breakfasts which made it very easy to get out early in the mornings. The location to DTD is great and you are entitled to EMH and package delivery. I would certainly stay there again.

Could you tell me how the Hitlon Shuttle to the parks works? How far aways you are from the parks when it drops you off and picks you up? Also how far away you are from the DTD transportation service staying at the Hilton?

Having stayed on Disney property before how did the Hilton compare? Did you still get that Disney feeling? Are the wake up calls noraml wake up calls or Disney type. How are the rooms decorated? How does the lobby look? Ho is the pool?

Thanks again!!!

Disneypal said:
Could you tell me how the Hitlon Shuttle to the parks works? How far aways you are from the parks when it drops you off and picks you up? Also how far away you are from the DTD transportation service staying at the Hilton?

Having stayed on Disney property before how did the Hilton compare? Did you still get that Disney feeling? Are the wake up calls noraml wake up calls or Disney type. How are the rooms decorated? How does the lobby look? Ho is the pool?

Thanks again!!!

For the MK the drop off is the TTC. For the other resorts the drop off is basically the same as the Disney buses.

It's about a 5-10 minute walk to the Marketplace bus stop. The buses at DTD do NOT go to the theme parks. You'd have to take a us to a resort and transfer.

I've stayed at all of WDW's deluxes and the Hilton is about the same, less the theming. I want to think there was a Mickey lamp in our room, but that was it for Disney touches. I don't need to be smacked in the face with Disney like at the values, subtle is better IMHO, so it was fine for me. One look out the window at the fireworks at night and i knew where I was.

Wake up calls are normal. I find the Mickey calls annoying as hell, so it suits me just fine. (I do like the Stitch call at the PR)

The rooms are decorated like any typical higher end business hotel. Same with the lobby, it's roomy enough that it's not crowded. Never used the pool, but it's not themed.

BTW--All of this has been discussed before, just do a search next time if you need the info immediately like you seemed to.

Anne

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter