Hijinks & Shenanigans but not much Mayhem@The Dark Side+Disney:Link to DL/Hawaii TR

Talking of lovely people I was helping out at my son's school "spring fair" which is really just a bit of a fun day for the kids (aged 4-11 yrs) and their parents. A man paid his £2 walked around the stalls (think sweets and good quality second hand books and toys) and came back to me 5 minutes later demanding his money back as there "are no adult books" ! Now I'm not sure if he meant "adult" adult books:scared1: or just the regular kind but seriously this is a fundraiser for a primary school and you want your money back because you don't like the stalls or the fairground games or the fire engine you poor poor soul:sad2: I have to confess these were not really my thoughts :lmao: but I couldn't stick listening to him rant so I did the only thing I could think of and gave him £2 which I very obviously took from my own purse and told him I would donate his entrance fee to the school to "benefit the local children". People in the queue cheered so we all had the last laugh!

One more picture from Night at the Wax Musuem. Me and my friend John who played Blackbeard.

It was absolutely exhausting to go from one show immediately into tech week (rehearsals every night until 9:30) to 5 shows in 4 days. Plus the 4 kids who were Music Man plus our show had two doubles-

:

Another cool picture! But your schedule does sound absolutely exhausting! Fun, but exhausting. Isn't it great that your adrenaline kicks in when you have a performance to do? I hope you get some rest soon!

Talking of lovely people I was helping out at my son's school "spring fair" which is really just a bit of a fun day for the kids (aged 4-11 yrs) and their parents. A man paid his £2 walked around the stalls (think sweets and good quality second hand books and toys) and came back to me 5 minutes later demanding his money back as there "are no adult books" ! Now I'm not sure if he meant "adult" adult books:scared1: or just the regular kind but seriously this is a fundraiser for a primary school and you want your money back because you don't like the stalls or the fairground games or the fire engine you poor poor soul:sad2: I have to confess these were not really my thoughts :lmao: but I couldn't stick listening to him rant so I did the only thing I could think of and gave him £2 which I very obviously took from my own purse and told him I would donate his entrance fee to the school to "benefit the local children". People in the queue cheered so we all had the last laugh!

Good for you!

I have a little saying:

"There is a special place in H3LL for people who cheat the PTA" (or other family/child-centered organizations).

:furious:

Another cool picture! But your schedule does sound absolutely exhausting! Fun, but exhausting. Isn't it great that your adrenaline kicks in when you have a performance to do? I hope you get some rest soon!

Thanks for your concern. I actually had a relatively quiet week- just strike (theatre cleanup) and cast party on Tuesday night and I ran a dance/movie night on Friday, so I have started to catch up on life.

:goodvibes

A long time ago, in a galaxy far, far away, a girl started writing a trip report. Then she disappeared into a black hole! I am finally back with an update. Thanks for sticking with me!

As I was trying to find a comic for this chapter, I came across quite a few amusing Splash Mountain ride photos- masks, proposals, shaving, people playing Jenga and Connect 4. This one was my favorite:

When last we met, my family had just finished a fantastic late breakfast at Kona. We hopped on the monorail to the MK, with a FP in our pocket.

First stop, though:

I actually put my camera away for this one.

Then we arrived here- earlier in the day, we had two rides on Space Mountain, two on Big Thunder and a previous ride on Splash. We were about to complete “Double Triple Mountain Whammy” Wham! Wham! Wham! It’s All Wham!

Thanks to my underwater camera, I always go for this shot!

When we were done on Splash, we decided to make our way out of the park, hitting any attractions that caught our fancy.

We passed by Haunted Mansion, but the line looked too long.

Then we crossed the border from Fantasyland to Tomorrowland and as we typically do, we checked the FP time for Buzz. Since it was under 30 minutes, we pulled a FP and jumped on the People Mover during the wait time.

Continued in Next Post

While we were heading over to Buzz, we came upon a sight we had never seen before:

PUSH!

He told Ben “Your shirt says Doody” (Call of Duty)

Moving on to Buzz and Bad Cow:

When we were done blasting aliens, we went for another tradition.

Smoothies at Auntie Gravity’s. I always think I should love the Tropical flavor, but the Orange-Pineapple is the best.

Heading out…

We stopped for some Photopass pictures:

My notes say it was 2:30 when we left.

Now it’s time to say goodbye… (until tomorrow night)

Next up: Sum Fun in EPCOT

Ha, I love those Splash photos.

A double Mountain tri-fecta!! Nice. And awesome before the drop photo. I don't have a waterproof camera, so I always have to be quick and often it's just not enough time for the camera to focus. You got a great one!

Awwww Push. God I'm sad he's gone. I'm so glad you got to see him.

Wow, you know, I don't think I've ever done a Photopass facing the other way on Main Street. I must do that.

Well done on finding the appropriate response to a ridiculous request.

Another magical day in the world :)
And Nate participating w the pics-what more could you ask for?

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

That splash photo of monopoly is hilarious. I need to think up something like that!

That poor kid is never going to live down the bad cow is he? :rotfl2: Thats ok, we have things we make fun of our kids for too. :rotfl:

Ha, I love those Splash photos.

A double Mountain tri-fecta!! Nice. And awesome before the drop photo. I don't have a waterproof camera, so I always have to be quick and often it's just not enough time for the camera to focus. You got a great one!

Awwww Push. God I'm sad he's gone. I'm so glad you got to see him.

Wow, you know, I don't think I've ever done a Photopass facing the other way on Main Street. I must do that.

I love it when people go through elaborate set ups for ride photos. Signs count.

I have a lot of pictures of that shot right before the drop, but I really like this one with Ben's arm in the air. Splash is easy, the challenging top-of-the-drop photos are at Dudley Do Right's log ride and Jurassic Park at IoA since they have a silly "no cameras" policy for the rides.

This was the first (and I guess last) time we would see Push. It was cool to have him address Ben directly.

I had to do the photopass picture with the Train Station in the background. When I proposed to my family that we stop for photos, they complained that I already have some from earlier in the trip with the castle. So I told them "We don't have any facing THIS way!

:lmao:

Totally agree!

:thumbsup2

Great photos - looks like you had a perfect Disney day.

Thanks. We had a super day! Morning mountains at MK. Yummy meals at Kona. More MK fun. EPCOT coming up.

And the best was yet to come- a l meeting with a very special friend/my favorite meal of the trip!

Another magical day in the world :)
And Nate participating w the pics-what more could you ask for?

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

Definitely a great day!

I was very pleased that Nate was cooperating with pictures (for the most part) this trip. He even declared it the best trip ever.

That splash photo of monopoly is hilarious. I need to think up something like that!

That poor kid is never going to live down the bad cow is he? :rotfl2: Thats ok, we have things we make fun of our kids for too. :rotfl:

I know- such a creative ride photo.

Zurg will forever be Bad Cow to us! I don't think Nate minds.

:rolleyes1

Dee - love the Monopoly photo!

Also got to laugh at the Call of Duty quote from Push. DS18 was big into Call of Duty until he left for college and the XBox stayed at home. Nice family photos too!

Rebecca

I love those Splash Mountain ride shots too! I have a bunch of them pinned. I think my favorite is the one where people were reading newspapers. I love it when folks get creative with their ride shots.
Love the idea of using a underwater camera for those shots on SM. I do think it's dumb that they have no picture rule for Dudley Do-Right and Jurassic Park.
Big Congrats to the Double Triple Mountain Whammy!(here's 3 smilies for ya!) :woohoo::banana::dance3:
Love the interaction you got with Push. Ha, Ha Doody! And now we take a moment of silence for Push....

I am ridiculously far behind in the fun stuff (aka chatter). Life and all that rot so I'll just leave it at this

Doody

:rotfl2:

:rotfl:

Great update!

Dee - love the Monopoly photo!

Also got to laugh at the Call of Duty quote from Push. DS18 was big into Call of Duty until he left for college and the XBox stayed at home. Nice family photos too!

Rebecca

I really like the photopass pictures, too.

The interaction with Push was priceless. Very clever comment and as you can see from the photo, "Made you look!"

We haven't had quite as pleasant experiences with the fountain in the Lost Continent at IoA... The first time (2011) Ben talked and talked to it to try and get a response- nothing. Then, as he was walking away, it drenched him. And then it laughed!

This year, he planned his revenge, and the fountain got him again.

Ben is looking for a rematch, but perhaps he should just Let It Go!

I love those Splash Mountain ride shots too! I have a bunch of them pinned. I think my favorite is the one where people were reading newspapers. I love it when folks get creative with their ride shots.
Love the idea of using a underwater camera for those shots on SM. I do think it's dumb that they have no picture rule for Dudley Do-Right and Jurassic Park.
Big Congrats to the Double Triple Mountain Whammy!(here's 3 smilies for ya!) :woohoo::banana::dance3:

I am in awe of people's creativity, and pre-planning of some of those pictures. There is another one I really like with a family eating breakfast cereal.

I have a reputation for not exactly complying with the "No picture rule". Although I may have been a rebel with a camera at the White House in my youth, I did behave when we went backstage at Haunted Mansion a couple of years ago. I am scared to mess around at Disney!

;)

Love the interaction you got with Push. Ha, Ha Doody! And now we take a moment of silence for Push....

I'm glad we finally (and finally) met him.

I am ridiculously far behind in the fun stuff (aka chatter). Life and all that rot so I'll just leave it at this

Doody

:rotfl:

Great update!

You didn't miss too much with the chatter- mostly me whining about how busy life in the theatre has been and our experiences with Tyrese, the electronic baby.

Good for you!

I have a little saying:

"There is a special place in H3LL for people who cheat the PTA" (or other family/child-centered organizations).

:furious:

Yep totally agree -special wee place just for the cheaters ;) It was a PTFA (parents, teachers and friends association) event. I'm a member of my youngest son's (cant commit to both boys schools and so I decided since I joined the other kids primary schools PTFA I would do the same for child number 3. I do support events at both boys schools though:thumbsup2

Thanks for your concern. I actually had a relatively quiet week- just strike (theatre cleanup) and cast party on Tuesday night and I ran a dance/movie night on Friday, so I have started to catch up on life.

You deserved a quiet week after all the craziness :thumbsup2

Thanks I was quite pleased that I was able to convey my feelings on the matter in a suitable fashion ::yes:: ]

Love that Ben got to interact with PUSH.
I adore the peoplemover -it always gives us respite from the crowds/walking while providing a wee glimpse into rides like SM that I haven't been on (yet). I love watching people from the ride too :thumbsup2

Looking forward to the next installment :goodvibes

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter