Hiding ducks on the cruise?

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's definitely migrated over to DCL :teeth:
I've seen a post from someone in my cruise group sailing next week with their box of ducks ready to go.

"This is your Captain speaking: The ship is sinking. Unfortunately, we cannot lower the lifeboats because there is a plastic duck jamming the mechanism. "

Isn't there something else people could do without jeopardizing the safety of others?

-Paul

Last edited:
Well by that logic you could just stuff some money in a fish extender insread of making/buying small gifts but that would miss the point.
Fish extenders and door decorating we not a thing yet on our cruise on the Magic in December 2003. Maybe Duck Hiding will catch on like Fish Extenders and Door Decorating did.

I only recently heard about this when watching one of our favourite vloggers who regularly cruise (I think they were on Princess when it was mentioned but it could also have been Carnival). I've never seen them on DCL before so if it is happening, it must be a recent phenomenon being copied from other cruise lines.

Why would you throw them away and ruin other people's fun? I'm not understanding the anger here. Hidden surprises, pixie dust and extras touches like fish extenders and door decorations are the types of things a lot of cruisers love. Maybe others find that stuff gawdy and think they take away from the elegance of the ship, but I can't imagine wanting to ruin someone's fun when they put time and money into what they think is plusing the experience.

Why would you throw them away and ruin other people's fun? I'm not understanding the anger here. Hidden surprises, pixie dust and extras touches like fish extenders and door decorations are the types of things a lot of cruisers love. Maybe others find that stuff gawdy and think they take away from the elegance of the ship, but I can't imagine wanting to ruin someone's fun when they put time and money into what they think is plusing the experience.
I also don’t get this. It strikes me as “I don’t like it, so nobody gets to enjoy it!” Just leave it and move on. Let someone else find it who will think it’s whimsical and fun.

We saw the cleaning crew sweeping a few up in The Tube and throwing them away. I’m not sure if that’s the official guidance to the crew or just what these three were doing.

There are lines where hiding things is the culture of the ship. Disney has not been one of those lines. If you want do do such, stick to the lines where that IS the culture.

Look i was told it was thing in this site. I have never cruised on another line. I was just trying to make the cruise a little more fun for a few kids. If another cruise line has something fun, why would you rurn your back on it for that reason? I suspect many good ideas have been gained by learning from competition. Again if you don't like it, don't do it. I don't know who started the door magnet thing but even if if it was another cruise line, I'm still doing it. I can't imagine why it would matter.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter