hi

alnea1

Earning My Ears
If you wanted to apply for Attractions, but accidentally applied for Merchandising, how can you fix that?:)

If you wanted to apply for Attractions, but accidentally applied for Merchandising, how can you fix that?:)

I'll ask some of the CMs who post here on the DIS and see if they can answer your question. I assume this is for WDW, correct?

what are you talking about?

When you apply to work at a Disney park, you can request a certain department to work in: Attractions, Merchandising, Costuming, Entertainment, etc. :)

I'll swerve into this a bit. When you apply (at least when I did 4 years ago) you had to list 3 choices of work locations. When I interviewed they told me which of the 3 had openings and basically asked some questions concerning what I would like to do and what I would be comfortable doing.

When they contacted me a couple of days later, they offered me a position in a particular area. It was in one of the locations (attractions) that I had listed but it was a business unit I had no idea what they did. They then explained what the work was and I told them yes, I would take that.

In my case it falls under the very broad heading of attractions, but it actually was for Main St. Operations, which now is Parade Audience Control, steam trains, Sorcerer Mickey and Town Sq. Theater.

Bottom line, you may get what you want or if they make an offer, it may not be in the area that you are specifically looking for, just don't know until they make an offer. They had never even talked with me about MSO until the offer.

Hope this helps, at least some.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter